EAO Good Night Talk (23)      

EAO-GNT-2016 (23) February ENG.doc 

EAO-GNT-2016 (23) February ENG.pdf

February 1, 2016

Where is your life energy coming from?

Eucharist-Mission Global.jpg

clip_image002.jpg

Dear friends and confreres!

In most of our EAO Salesian communities the birthday of each Salesian is a wonderful occasion of thanksgiving and family celebration. So we have more reason to celebrate on February 13, 2016 the Birthday of our Region! Exactly 110 years ago a small group of six missionaries headed by Fr. Louis Versiglia reached Macau - China and started the first Salesian presence in ‘our part of the world’. May this historical remembrance of the first EAO foundation – arrival of the first missionaries to China, Macau - on February 13, 1906 inspire us for greater fidelity to the vocation and mission received from God!

The 51st International Eucharistic Congress was concluded by Cardinal Charles Bo, SDB just yesterday in Cebu. Many events were shared by the Filipino Salesians day by day through the AustraLasia news. This Eucharistic event helped me to reflect on the central place of Eucharist in our life and mission. We humbly recognize the ‘Eucharistic life deficit’ (Fr Chávez, 2007-ACG 398) in many of our provinces and communities.

What does is the Eucharistic life deficit mean? We prefer to be busy, hiding ourselves behind doing so much for others and we deprive ourselves of the wonder of knowing that we are so much loved by God! How is beating the Eucharistic heart in our life? Could the people around us recognize our frequent encounters with Christ - Eucharist as the source of our energy and endurance in our mission for the young? If the Eucharistic heart is alive in us, we would always find the way how to share Jesus with the young who never met him. Yes, our Eucharistic heart can be measured by our missionary lifestyle. Love for the Eucharist sends us towards the poor youth and those who never met Jesus!

I wish, the cover photo of ‘Globe-Tabernacle’ helps us to reflect personally and in our communities about the Eucharistic life as the fundamental element of our charism and pedagogy.

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB   

• ?
    vaclav 2016.02.07 17:40
    thank you very much for your enriching Good Night Talk.
    The talk reminds us of the importance of the Eucharist.
    A very good reflection. Thank you.
    I wish you good health and God´s blessings on your journeys.
    United in prayers.
    Br. ....PNG
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.07 17:41
    I just want to let you know that I had the great privilege to participate in the just concluded 51st International Eucharistic Congress in Cebu. It was a great grace from the Lord.One with you in prayers to the Most Blessed Eucharist,
    Agnes
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.07 17:42
    Thank you for your message.
    I have been in Cebu for International Eucharistic Congress too.
    I was great experience for me to participate such a big congress.
    I feel the eagerness of the community of Philippine toward Eucharist.
    I was inspired to know that. I met a lot of Vincentians in Cebu and saw their activities
    FMA
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.07 17:43
    Thank you for this “ Good Night” talk and reminder of the founding of our EAO region,110 years ago from Feb.13th this year,and
    the need for more Eucharistic passion in the Salesian life .

Personally I believe the latter point could bear more emphasis these days, particularly in certain “ apostolic regimes” ,where “ activism” is the buzz.
    Thank you again.Pray for me
    AUL
  • ?
    vaclav 2016.02.07 17:45
    I would like to use your 'goodnight talk' as part of my short message tomorrow in DBFC Lawaan in the gathering of all the SDB Contingents
    of the IEC here in Cebu to celebrate the Feast of Don Bosco:

Cardinal Charles Bo and his entourage from Myanmar, Archbishop Thomas Menamparampil, Archbishop Dominic Jala, Archbishop Savio Hon, Bishop Cantillas, Bishop Buzon, Bishop Pabillo, Fr. Francis Gustilo and the SDBs from the Theologate, our Novices, Postulants and Seminarians.

With us will also be the groups of the Salesian Family. There will be around 300 plus people for this celebration. We will have Mass with Cardinal Bo at 10AM and then lunch. This is the only Mass celebration by the Cardinal outside the IEC Program that is allowed by the IEC Committee.

THANKS BE TO GOD AND THANKS TO DON BOSCO
    for this great honor and privilege to gather as ONE.
    Viva Cardinal Bo, Papal Legate!!! Viva Don Bosco!!!

Yours in Don Bosco,
    FIS

1. How do you imitate Salesian Saints?

EAO GOOD NIGHT TALK (60)   Cebu, Philippines        April 1, 2019   How do you imitate Salesian saints? The happiest day of my life: first communion of Dominic Savio     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      During my retreat (first...
    Date2019.03.22 Byvaclav Views3522
    Read More
  2. How do you love Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (60)                                                                         Cebu, Philippines,        1 March, 2019     In what ways do you love Salesian saints?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive ...
    Date2019.02.25 Byvaclav Views1090
    Read More
  3. Do you know our Salesian saints?

EAO Good Night Talk (59)                                                                                                                                                                                    Cebu-Lawaan, Philippines February 1, ...
    Date2019.01.30 Byvaclav Views1436
    Read More
  4. #For you too: Serve the Lord in holy Joy!

EAO Good Night Talk (58)                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ...
    Date2018.12.30 Byvaclav Views1976
    Read More
  5. Presentation of EAO region - Good night talk 2018 (power point)

EAO GOOD NIGHT TALK 2018 - December Presentation of the East Asia - Oceania Region [one of the 7 SDB regions: 135 countries & 14.500 SDB and novices]   12 provinces 23 countries 1500 SDB & novices 185 SDB communities 12 Salesian Fam...
    Date2018.11.27 Byvaclav Views966
    Read More
  6. Cagliero11 - Listening is always the first step!

EAO Good Night Talk (57)                                                                                                                                                                                                    Valdocco, Turin, Dece...
    Date2018.11.19 Byvaclav Views887
    Read More
  7. Young People around the world need God's Cooperators!

Young people around the world need  God's Cooperators!                                                                      Seoul, November 1, 2018 Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,        A few days ago we followed the Fifth World C...
    Date2018.10.30 Byvaclav Views2022
    Read More
  8. Missionary Youth possible also today

Missionary Youth (Gioventú missionaria) possible also today?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      A special greeting from Sam Phran, the ‘Vatican’ of Thailand, near Bangkok. Just yesterday a further 25 SDB and 11 FMA new missiona...
    Date2018.09.29 Byvaclav Views2013
    Read More
  9. How do you listen to the young?

EAO Good Night Talk (54)                                                                  Bangkok, Thailand September 1, 2018   How do we listen to the young today?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,      After a strong invitation...
    Date2018.08.26 Byvaclav Views1114
    Read More
  10. Listen to the Salesian Brothers

EAO Good Night Talk (53)                                                                                                                                                       Jakarta, Indonesia                                                ...
    Date2018.07.29 Byvaclav Views1620
    Read More
  11. #For You Too! - Movement of Salesian Holiness!

EAO Good Night Talk (52)                                                                                                                                                                                          Sacro Cuore, Rome July 1, 2018 ...
    Date2018.06.28 Byvaclav Views1657
    Read More
  12. Listen to Jesus?

EAO Good Night Talk (51)                                                                                                                            Hong Kong - China, June 1, 2018       Do you read the Gospel every day? Just two minutes! ...
    Date2018.05.29 Byvaclav Views1936
    Read More
  13. No Image

Like Mary in Cana: what is missing?

EAO Good Night Talk (50)                                                                                                                                                                                           Venilale, Timor Leste May 1...
    Date2018.04.29 Byvaclav Views1522
    Read More
  14. Are you happy to waste your time in listening?

EAO-GNT-2018 (49) April.pdf   >>>> for download   EAO Good Night Talk (48)                                                              Dili, Timor Leste April 1, 2018     Are you happy to waste your time in listening?     Dear Friends and ...
    Date2018.03.24 Byvaclav Views2467
    Read More
  15. How do you whisper the Gospel?

EAO Good Night Talk (48)                                                                     Indonesia – Sumba Island March 1, 2018   How do you whisper the Gospel?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive my heartfelt greet...
    Date2018.02.25 Byvaclav Views2009
    Read More
  16. Why are the Salesians not listening?

EAO Good Night Talk (47)                                                                    Dili, Timor Leste February 1, 2018     Why are the Salesians not listening to the Young?     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive ...
    Date2018.01.24 Byvaclav Views951
    Read More
  17. Happy New Listenful Year 2018

EAO Good Night Talk (46)                                                                    Rome – Sacro Cuore (Sacred Heart) January 1, 2018     2018 – Happy New Listenful Year!     Dear Friends and Salesian Family members,       Receive...
    Date2017.12.31 Byvaclav Views974
    Read More
  18. No Image

All for Jesus, Jesus for all!

EAO Good Night Talk (45) Macau - China December 1, 2017 All for Jesus, Jesus for all! Dear Friends and Salesian Family members! Each one of us does reflect at the end of the year about the most meaningful moments, encounters, gifts received ...
    Date2017.11.29 Byvaclav Views951
    Read More
  19. First World Day of the Poor - November 19

FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2017 (44) November ENG.pdf EAO Good Night Talk (44)                                                                      Seoul - Korea November 1, 2017   How do you hear the cry of the poor in your daily life?         ...
    Date2017.10.30 Byvaclav Views1142
    Read More
  20. Where is your comfort zone? Vocations - Blessed Fr Titus Zeman, SDB

EAO Good Night Talk (43)                                                                      Yakutsk – Russia (Siberia) October 1, 2017 Where is your comfort zone?   Dear Friends and Salesian Family members!           After six weeks of the...
    Date2017.09.26 Byvaclav Views982
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5