PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

EAO Good Night Talk (14)                                                                  

May 1, 2015

Welcome to EAO Region, Fr. Ángel!

Dear friends and confreres,

Just yesterday morning we welcomed for the first time the new Rector Major in our Region of East Asia – Oceania at the airport of Port Moresby! Welcome, Fr. Ángel!

After three months of China province visitation I have embarked with the Rector Major on this 20 days visit. Fr. Ángel arrived to Papua New Guinea and will spend three weeks (April 30-May 17) between Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Samoa, New Zealand and Australia, including three countries never visited by any Rector Major.

His predecessor Fr. Pascual Chávez shared eight years ago: From a geographical point of view the place most distant from Rome is somewhere in the Region of East Asia – Oceania. I was able to verify this for myself during my journey to Australia and Samoa in 2004. It was the first Samoan Rector, who was absent at the time of my visit, who in May 2006 expressed as his dream: “I would like to visit the holy places of Don Bosco, and at least once in my life meet the Rector Major personally...”…  For some Provinces their last visit from a Rector Major had been as much as 24 years ago. There were also some places where no Rector Major had ever been at all, like the Solomon Islands, Pakistan, Mongolia, Laos, and Fiji (Acts of the General Council n.397, February 2007). We are grateful, that Fr. Ángel during GC 27 has accepted the invitation to visit in the EAO first the peripheries of the Congregation.  Within next three weeks he will meet only 100+ Salesian Brothers and Priests living far from each other in the Pacific Ocean.

What does mean for us this first visit of the 10th Successor of Don Bosco in our EAO region? First of all besides the joy and festive atmosphere we approach Fr. Ángel as sons meeting their father to share with simplicity our life and listen to his sharing as well. He asked to have enough time (2 hours) for meeting the Salesians in each country. Secondly it’s a good opportunity for us to deepen the sense of belonging to the world SDB community (Constitutions art.59). Last but not the least it’s also a good chance to share with the Rector Major the lasting fruits of the DB200 Year of Grace! Welcome!

Beside the Rector Majors personal secretary Fr. Horácio Lopez (Argentina) there is also with us the ANS video producer Fr. Jacob Iruppakkaattu (India). The presence of social communicator is a good help for sharing daily at the Boscolink (www.bosco.link)  and ANS as well. It’s also a good opportunity for the Salesian Mission Day 2016 video with focus on Oceania. In each of six countries some Salesians and lay mission partners will be interviewed about the initial proclamation of Jesus in their daily life.

I wish you a fruitful month of May, month of Mary!

In Don Bosco

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

EAO Regional councillorPNG-RM welcome.jpg

• ?
    vaclav 2015.04.29 13:33
    Dear Vaclav;
    Thanks for your message.

Just a reminder that there is another ISLAND in the Province of Australia-Pacific... It's called Tasmania, and it's usually overlooked or forgotten... The Salesians here are at the PERIPHERY, the outskirts of the Province. It's very rare for Salesian visitors to come here; so we always have to become visitors to the Australian mainland...
    Regards to Fr Angel. Enjoy the Pacific paradise!

Fr Frank Bertagnolli SDB
    (Ex provincial of Australia (based now in Tasmania, Glenorchy - Rector of the most southern EAO community)

Thank you Father Klement to update us on all the good news of East Asia - Oceania

We share with you the joy of welcoming the Rector Major in the Pacific region ..
    I am sure that the presence of the Rector Major will strengthen the bonds of unity ' and communion among the members of the salesian Family and the growth of the charism in the south East Asia . I am now in Portugal and I assure you may prayer to Our Lady of Fatima and I entrust your mission .

sr. Paola Battagliola, FMA general councilor
    (ex provincial of TIN, Timor Leste-Indonesia)

1. No Image

Listen to Serve

East Asia – Oceania Region: Good Night Talk (1)  Rome 2014, April 5 Listen to Serve Dear brothers and friends! Heartfelt greetings from Rome, where we are busy trying to bring the General Chapter 27 to a successful end in a week’s time. Than...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views733
    Read More
  2. No Image

What does it mean for us 'to be a Region'?

East Asia – Oceania Region: Good Night Talk (2) Vietnam, Ho Chi Min City, May 8 What does it mean for us 'to be a Region'? Dear brothers and friends! Heartfelt greetings from the Provincial house of Vietnam-Mongolia province, where I have ju...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views572
    Read More
  3. No Image

Pentecost - reminder of our first love?

East Asia – Oceania Region: Good Night Talk (3) Rome, June 8 Pentecost Sunday 2014 Pentecost - reminder of our first love? Dear brothers and friends! Heartfelt greetings from the General house, where with the Rector Major we are busy working...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views683
    Read More
  4. No Image

EAO prayer card

EAO prayer card (2014) 2014, June 1 EAO countries, Salesians, Communities, Provinces (as of 1st January 2014) 10 provinces + 4 delegations; 22 countries 1395 SDB and 76 novices; 214 communities and XX presences AUL (Australia, Fiji, Samoa, N...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views545
    Read More
  5. No Image

The best witness to Jesus!

EAO Good Night Talk (5) Cambodia, Phnom Penh, August 6, 2014 The best witness to Jesus! For EAO Salesians, August 2014 is full of many meaningful events: the worldwide Salesian community starts celebrations for the 200th Birthday of Don Bosc...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views696
    Read More
  6. No Image

‘No English – no Vocation’? The first historical encounter of Salesian text translators!

EAO Good Night Talk (6) Pampanga, September 4, 2014 ‘No English – no Vocation’? The first historical encounter of Salesian text translators! During the past two months on my animation visits around EAO I was able to meet many confreres in My...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views667
    Read More
  7. No Image

“Do you want to advance in the spiritual life? Then you must be constantly a missionary!”

EAO Good Night Talk (7) Hanoi, October 1, 2014 “Do you want to advance in the spiritual life? Then you must be constantly a missionary!” (Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel – Evangelii Gaudium, n.272) October is the month of the Missions an...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views785
    Read More
  8. No Image

Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life!

EAO Good Night Talk (8) Auckland (New Zealand) November 1, 2014 Without the Lay mission partners there is no future of consecrated life! One year long period of Don Bosco Jubilee Year (2014-2015) helps us to re-discover the roots of Salesia...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1018
    Read More
  9. No Image

“Who is your Cafasso? - Where is your prison?”

EAO Good Night Talk (9) Rome, December 1, 2014 “Who is your Cafasso? - Where is your prison?” One year long journey of Don Bosco Jubilee Year (2014-2015) helps us to re-discover the roots of Salesian apostolic consecrated life. Few days ago ...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views798
    Read More
  10. No Image

What makes you truly joyful and happy?

EAO Good Night Talk (10) Yangon - Myanmar January 1, 2015 What makes you truly joyful and happy? Happy New Year to all of you, dear confreres and friends! This personal question about our sources of joy is a fruit of past five month animatio...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views1099
    Read More
  11. No Image

What are the Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) good for?

EAO Good Night Talk (11) Taiwan - Taipei The Day of Consecrated Life February 2, 2015 What are the Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) good for? Heartfelt greetings from Taipei! This year I’m privileged to spend almost three months with the China ...
    Date2015.02.12 ByVaclav Klement Views938
    Read More
  12. No Image

What is your favorite prayer? - Cetera Tolle!

EAO Good Night Talk (12) Hong Kong March 1, 2015 Dear Friends! Each day is a grace of God. Each day during the extraordinary visitation of China province I tried to listen, to get in touch with the hearts of the China province Salesians, Sal...
    Date2015.03.01 ByVáclav Klement Views909
    Read More
  13. No Image

Jesus - Vine Tree

“The vine and the branches” – The Salesian Biblical Icon of the GC27 (2014-2020) by Fr. Pascual Chavez   In the icon what draws our attention is the inter-twining of the branches which  represents the trunk of the vine. This is a reference ...
    Date2015.03.14 Byvaclav Views1526
    Read More
  14. Attraction to Jesus - to Don Bosco?

EAO Good Night Talk (13)                                                                   April 5, 2015   What Attracts Vocations to Consecrated Life?   Dear friends and confreres, a heartfelt greetings to all! After forty days of the Lente...
    Date2015.04.01 Byvaclav Views716
    Read More
  15. Welcome to the EAO Region, Fr. Angel!

EAO Good Night Talk (14)                                                                   May 1, 2015 Welcome to EAO Region, Fr. Ángel!   Dear friends and confreres,        Just yesterday morning we welcomed for the first time the new Recto...
    Date2015.04.28 Byvaclav Views792
    Read More
  16. Tenk yu tru Fr. Angel - Oceania 2015

EAO Good Night Talk (15)                                                                   June 1, 2015   Thank you Fr. Ángel for the gift of communion!   Dear friends and confreres!        I’m sending heartfelt greetings from Rome, on the f...
    Date2015.05.31 Byvaclav Views731
    Read More
  17. No Image

What did you see at Valdocco, do it in the EAO!

EAO-GNT-2015 (16) July ENG.pdf  (For download) EAO Good Night Talk (16)                                                                   July 1, 2015   ‘What did you see at Valdocco, do it in the EAO region!’     Dear friends and confreres!...
    Date2015.06.27 Byvaclav Views571
    Read More
  18. No Image

Good Night Talk - Japanese version (1-25)

TRANSLATIONS OF THE EAO GOOD NIGHT TALKS to JAPANESE (1-25) 2014 2014_5_14DKlement_buonanotteGIA.docx 2014_6_9_DKlement_buonanotteGIA.docx 2014_7_7_DKlement_buonanotteGIA.doc 2014_8_6_DKlement_buonanotteGIA_AYDinKorea.docx 2014_9_9_DKlement_...
    Date2015.07.07 Byvaclav Views707
    Read More
  19. Don Bosco, Happy Birthday!

FOR DOWNLOAD: EAO-GNT-2015 (17) August ENG+++.doc   EAO Good Night Talk (17)                                                                   August 1, 2015       Don Bosco, Happy Birthday!     August 16, 2015 is already here – after many y...
    Date2015.07.31 Byvaclav Views624
    Read More
  20. No Image

Time of harvesting with the young!

EAO Good Night Talk (18)                                                                   September 1, 2015     Time of harvesting … with the young!   Dear friends and confreres!        Few days ago in most of our communities, delegations a...
    Date2015.08.31 Byvaclav Views580
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
/ 5