austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

201510172_WOR.jpg

By Fr. Natalino de Jesus, SDB

Timorese missionary in Argentina, La Pampa – Victorica, since 2008.

La Pampa, Argentina, October17, 2015 - "I came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn"

I would like to share with the confreres of Timor Leste my experience in my present mission. It’s my first assigment after ordination during past two years to share the mission with the FMA sisters. I believe to ‘work together like Don Bosco with the young’ is a richness and opportunity to growth. It’s a wonderful enrichment where the charismatic gifts are put into common. It’s an opportunity to grow, since working with others we are meeting our own virtues and weaknesses and it’s a good occasion for personal conversion, if we really take advantage of this occasion. Working together with others help us to know ourselves better and discover some unknown spots in our life.

Don Bosco is calling his Salesian Family today to ‘think together’, ‘plan together’, ‘work together’ and ‘pray together’ for the young and with the young people. For this reason I would like to share with you a special experience from my place of Victorica, La Pampa, Argentina: ‘Unification of the Salesian SDB – FMA schools’ with a joint Educative and Pastoral Project.

First of all I would share the main condition. This experience started thanks to the life commuion and fraternity between the two SDB and FMA communities as well the wise accompaniment by both provincial councils SDB and FMA. From the beginning it was clear that we would like reach this goal: to make the best of our Salesian educative Project in Victorica. However this goal brought us during past 6 years much beyond to consider our joint work in the school. We were able to rethink in a participatory way the whole Salesian mission in this Western part of Pampa region, where we work for three different ethnic groups.

Most challenging was the start of the whole process, when we tried to put together our new ways of running school together. First we started to build the communion between the religious SDB and FMA to build up in a systematic way our new joint Educative-Pastoral Project. Today we have a leadership team of 4 lay mission partners working together for the school administration and animation together with 3 SDB and 3 FMA sisters. Continuous meetings were enriched with the contributions of two provincial council members.

I’m convinced that this Project was possible thanks to two lay mission partners who are totally committed to this Project. These two ladies are two principals of both primary schools – of Mary Help and of St. John Bosco. Apart of the two religious communities are also involved other equipes of administration composed of committed lay mission partners.

Sometimes the circumstances, the blowing of the Holy Spirit is pushing us to take new unexpected options in order to overcome certain difficulties. This is a way of mobilizing and learning new path on that we discover the charismatic richness.

In fact the schools caters for 580 students (from kindergarten up to secondary school). Many of them have vulnerable socio-economic or family background typical for the local population. On the other side the Mission of the Western Pampa region accompanies also other reality of the indigenous people.

Rural and popular enviroment is a focus of our mission here in the West Pampa region of Argentina. During the weekends we travel together – SDB and FMAs around our vast semi-desert region in the villages scattered around Pampa in order to share our moments of celebrations, catechetical encounters.

The primary focus of our missionary presence are the rural communities. Every weekend we travel together in one team composed of SDB and FMAs around different localities in our province to share the moments of celebration, catechesis, visiting to new places, family visits and sistematic youth encounters at Saturday night.

Concluding, I would like to share my attitude when i arrived to Argentina – i came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn. I didn’t come here to teach some doctrine to the people but simply to share my life and faith in fraternity with the young and the people. I start to share with simple rural people, visiting their houses and sharing the Word of God in the Small Christian Communities (BEC). This was the most beautiful experience which i’m living in the missions in this moment.

The Salesian Family consists of Christian men and women, consecrated men and women who with the individuality of their own charism and spirit, place themselves at the service of the mission of the Church, especially in the vast world of youth, in working class areas, for the poor and for peoples not yet evangelised.

(Salesian Family Identity Charter, art.6 – 2012)

201510172_WOR1.jpg

201510172_WOR2.jpg

201510172_WOR3.jpg

201510172_WOR4.jpg

201510172_WOR5.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3770(II)_My missionary experience in the Western Pampa (Oeste Pampeano)

By Fr. Natalino de Jesus, SDB Timorese missionary in Argentina, La Pampa – Victorica, since 2008. La Pampa, Argentina, October17, 2015 - "I came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn" I would like to share with the confreres of T...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1536 file
    Read More
  2. 3770(I)_Greetings from Ghana

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Chinese missionary in Ghana. Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical tr...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3065 file
    Read More
  3. 3769(II)_Aspirantate in Hong Kong 2015

By Asp. Bosco Chan To make an account of the aspirantate in Hong Kong, we must begin with gratitude to the pure grace freely endowed to the Salesian community in Aberdeen Technical School. This community now consists of three priests and on...
    Date2015.10.16 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2001 file
    Read More
  4. 3769(I)_Fruits of the World Assembly of the Past pupils of Don Bosco 2015

By Mr. Mitsuhiro Tateishi Tokyo, Japan, October 16, 2015 - I’d like to share my personal experience and awareness on the 5th Statutory World Assembly of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco, was held at the Salesianum in Rome, October 3-6. See arti...
    Date2015.10.16 CategoryGIA Reply3 Views1918 file
    Read More
  5. 3768(I)_Don Bosco Football Cups for Girls

By Le Ha Dalat, Vietnam, Oct 14 2015 - On the occasion of the Vietnamese Women’s Day, four Don Bosco boarding houses for girls in Dalat organized 2 Football Cups: ‘FOUR LADY HOUSES FOOTBALL CUP’ and ‘TERESA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE’. The competiton...
    Date2015.10.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1837 file
    Read More
  6. 3768(II)_A seminar on promoting communicational skill

By Le Ha and Thanh Lam Dalat, Vietnam, Oct 14, 2015 - At Don Rua Postnovitiate from Oct 12-14, there was a seminar on promoting communicational skill, held by Youth Pastoral commission and Mass media commission of Dalat deanery. This was th...
    Date2015.10.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1527 file
    Read More
  7. 3767_Blessed Alexandrina honored by ASC

By Mila Wuthrich, ASC Cebu, Philippines, October 13, 2015 - More than fifty Salesian Cooperators, few aspirants and two Salesian Sisters and Salesian Novices gathered on October 13, 2015 at Don Bosco Formation Center Chapel, Lawaan, Talisay...
    Date2015.10.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1505 file
    Read More
  8. 3766_First Salesian Japanese missionary in Africa

My present dream is to become like Fr. Cimatti in Africa By Cl. Chihiro Morito, SDB Moshi, Tanzania, October 13, 2015 - It’s a very special story of one Japanese Christian, Salesian and Missionary vocation. Second year postnovice Cleric Chi...
    Date2015.10.13 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views22028 file
    Read More
  9. 3765(II)_Surabaya - model for inter-religious dialogue of life

By Fr. Reo Ferdinandus, SDB Surabaya, Indonesia, October 11, 2015 - As many other EAO Salesian communities in the Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand or Mindanao also the Surabaya - St. Michael Parish based community of two Salesians (Fr. Noel Vi...
    Date2015.10.12 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1263 file
    Read More
  10. 3765(I)_DBTI trains selected ExxonMobil Technicians

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, October 9, 2015 - Seven young men have successfully completed the four-week refresher training course at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko under the supervision of Mr. Erwin Napiza, Elect...
    Date2015.10.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2730 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 533 Next
/ 533