Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
World
2015.10.17 19:51

3770(I)_Greetings from Ghana

Views 3068 Comment 1

20151017_WOR.jpg

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB

Chinese missionary in Ghana.

Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical training in a mission land before the missionary vocation ad gentes (ad extra and for life) is confirmed by the superiors.

Cl. Anthony spent the first year of his practical training in his native Hong Kong (Salesian School - Shai Kei Wan), but his second year is already busy in Africa, Ghana in order to confirm his missionary call. Already two years ago he sent his missionary application to the Rector Major and as part of his discernment he is now for one school year in African province of English speaking (Anglophone) Western Africa (AFW), the province is composed of 4 countries (Ghana, Sierra Leon, Liberia and Nigeria), has about 180 SDB, grand majority of them native Africans.

"For me, I am here in Ghana already one month and 2 days. I am thankful that I am gradually adapting to the place, cultures and languages.Surely, there are some difficulties and challenges that I am facing, but those of these are so beautiful and encouraging me to move forward, I don't need to be afraid because God is always with me, Mama Mary is protecting me ...there is nothing to let me down....up to this moment, I think that the only thing which let me be afraid is I estrange from God. God is good all the time, He grant me bountiful grace for me to experience His presence everyday, most especially in the midst of children and young people.

I am assigned in a Child Protection Center as my daily apostolate. Those vulnerable children are abandoned. Some of them do not know where their home towns are, they do not know their families, they have no chance to go to school, they are forced to work outsides unwillingly.... many problems and unfair situations that they are facing everyday. What the poor and pity children. I am here to accompanying them everyday . To play, to study and to Pray. I see Jesus in each one of their faces, they are all beautiful and really the God's children. They should not be treated like this...... My heart is melting in the Love of God, and He is always asking me to share His Love to the children. I think that nothing is greater than His Love, I need to be His useless tool to share His Love with the children here.

Please continue to pray for me, especially my Missionary vocation. Surely, you are always in my prayers. Viva Don Bosco! In Christ, Po Tak, Anthony"

20151017_WOR1.jpg

20151017_WOR2.jpg

20151017_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2015.11.13 17:47

傳教聖召的實習

p051511d-02.jpg【慈幼通訊社  2015  10  20 加納 Ashaiman 訊】  要辨別年輕慈幼會士的傳教聖召,有很多方法,而其一就是,在長上確定他們終身傳教聖召之前,進行一至兩年的外地福傳實習培訓。

梁保得修生在他的出生地  香港,(筲箕灣慈幼學校)進行首年的實習培訓,然而第二年他被派往非洲加納作實習和福傳體驗,以確認他的傳教聖召。兩年前,他已向總會長提出申請,作為辨別聖召的一部份。他現在所屬的西非會省 (AFW) 以英語為母語,這個會省服務四個國家:(加納、塞拉里昂、利比亞和尼日利亞),會省有約180名慈幼會士,大部份為非洲本地人。

十月是特別為傳教事業祈禱的月份,他寫了以下分享:

「我已在加納生活了一個月零兩天,我心中充滿感欣,因為我開始漸漸適應這個地方和其文化及語言。無疑,我正面對著一些困難和挑戰,但這些都是美好的,鼓勵我不斷向前。我更不需要害怕,因為天主與我同在,聖母時常護佑我……沒有任何東西使我灰心喪志……到目前為止,我認為唯一令我懼怕的就是遠離天主。天主總是美善的,祂賞賜我豐富的恩寵,讓我每天經驗祂的臨在,尤其是在孩子們及青年們當中。

我被派往一個兒童庇護中心服務,可說是我在這裡主要的日常牧民工作。那裡的兒童都是被遺棄的。他們有些甚至不知道自己的家鄉在何處,也不知道有什麼家人,沒有機會上學,被迫出外工作……他們每天都要面對著種種困難及不公平的p051511d-01.jpg處境。我每天在這裡陪伴他們,一起遊戲、學習、祈禱。我在他們每人臉上看到耶穌,他們都是美善的,真正是天主的子女。他們不應受著這樣的對待……我的心在主愛中溶化,祂時常要求我,向孩子們及青年們分享祂的愛。祂的愛是何等偉大,我要成為祂的工具,與這裡的兒童分享祂的愛。」

Trying out one’s missionary vocation at DBCPC

(ANS Ghana – Ashaiman, 20 October 2015 ) – There are many ways for a young Salesian to discern a missionary vocation ad gentes. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical training in a mission land before the missionary vocation ad gentes (ad extra and for life) is confirmed by the superiors.

Po TakAnthony is a Chinese Salesian born in Hong Kong. He did his first year of practical training in his native city at the Salesian School of Shai Kei Wan. His second year is already under way in Ghana in Africa, with a view to trying out his missionary call. Two years ago he sent his missionary application to the Rector Major and as part of his discernment he is now spending one school year in the English-speaking province of West Africa (AFW). The province is composed of 4 countries (Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria) and has about 180 SDBs, the grand majority of them native Africans.

Now in October, the Month of the Missions, he writes “I have been here in Ghana for one month and two days. I am thankful that I am gradually adapting to the place, and its cultures and languages. Certainly I am facing some difficulties and challenges but they are beautiful and encourage me to move forward. I don't need to be afraid because God is always with me, Mother Mary is protecting me ...there is nothing that can get me down....up to this moment, I think that the only thing I fear is that I might become estranged from God. God is good all the time. He grants me bountiful grace to experience His presence every day, most especially in the midst of children and young people.

For my daily apostolate I am assigned to a Child Protection Centre. Those vulnerable children are abandoned. Some of them do not know where their home town is, they do not know their families, they have no chance to go to school, they are forced to work against their will... they face many problems and unfair situations every day. I am here to accompany them every day, to play, to study and to pray. I see Jesus in each of their faces, they are all beautiful and they really are God's children. They should not be treated like this...... My heart is melting in the Love of God, and He is always asking me to share His Love with the children. I believe that nothing is greater than His Love, I need to be His useless instrument to share His Love with the children here”.

1. 3774(I)_Joint Celebration of Salesian Mission Day

By Ms. Izumi Sakura Tokyo, Japan, October 17, 2015 - Salesian Mission Day of the Japanese Province was celebrated on Saturday 17 jointly with the gathering of the DBVG (Don Bosco Volunteer Group, founded 24 years ago in 1991) youths who mad...
    Date2015.10.20 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1522 file
    Read More
  2. 3773_Wassalam! Shalom! Greeting from Jerusalem

By Cl. Finansius Venan Sidabutar, SDB Jerusalem, Israel, October 19, 2015 - Wassalam! Shalom! During these weeks you have heard some awful news about stabbings in Jerusalem. There is a calling for us who live and study theology in Studium T...
    Date2015.10.19 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1823 file
    Read More
  3. 3772(II)_The 3rd Salesian Missions Day in Seoul

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, October 18, 2015 - In celebration of the World Mission Sunday, the Korean Salesian Family has celebrated 3rd Mission Day at the Provincial House in Seoul. It was participated by 300 members of the Sale...
    Date2015.10.19 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1521 file
    Read More
  4. 3772(I)_Mongolia welcomes with joy and gratitude two new members

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, October 18, 2015 - It was a very remarkable day for Salesians in Mongolia as they received two very young, active and energetic conferrers in the person of Fr. Jaroslav and Fr. Mario. ...
    Date2015.10.19 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1470 file
    Read More
  5. 3771(IV)_Missionary dream about mobile Salesians is coming true

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO(Vietnam - Timor Leste - South Korea), October 18, 2015 - We are living October, the Missionary month with praying for the missionaries, collecting funds for some concrete missionary projects as well. But the m...
    Date2015.10.18 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1580 file
    Read More
  6. 3771(III)_Novitiate experience in the Philippines

By Fr. Randy Figuracion, SDB Talisay, Philippines, October 16, 2015 - Fr. Michael Haruyama, SDB the Novice Director of the Japanese Province arrived with Novice Philip Tsutsumi at the Sacred Heart Novitiate, Talisay City – Cebu on October 1...
    Date2015.10.18 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1418 file
    Read More
  7. 3771(II)_Rectors meeting: How can we motivate our confreres?

By Fr. Apolinario Neto, SDB Fuiloro, Timor Leste, October 15 - Among the good things that are moving in our Region during past 15 years is the accompaniment of the rectors in each province, especially through most frequent regular meetings ...
    Date2015.10.18 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1369 file
    Read More
  8. 3771(I)_Be rooted in Don Bosco’s charism

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, October 12, 2015 - Graduating students at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko listened enthusiastically to Fr. Anthony Paul Bicomong, SDB-Provincial Superior of the Philippines-North Provin...
    Date2015.10.18 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2844 file
    Read More
  9. 3770(II)_My missionary experience in the Western Pampa (Oeste Pampeano)

By Fr. Natalino de Jesus, SDB Timorese missionary in Argentina, La Pampa – Victorica, since 2008. La Pampa, Argentina, October17, 2015 - "I came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn" I would like to share with the confreres of T...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1536 file
    Read More
  10. 3770(I)_Greetings from Ghana

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Chinese missionary in Ghana. Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical tr...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3068 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 537 Next
/ 537