austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20151012_ITM.jpg

By Fr. Reo Ferdinandus, SDB

Surabaya, Indonesia, October 11, 2015 - As many other EAO Salesian communities in the Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand or Mindanao also the Surabaya - St. Michael Parish based community of two Salesians (Fr. Noel Villafuerte, parish priest and Fr. Deddy Ferdinandus – principal of the parish school) are waken up every morning at 3:50 AM by the call for prayer from nearby mosque Al Iklash (=Surrender) locate just at the back of the parish - school compound.

Within the not-so-large territory of the St. Michael Catholic Parish (Surabaya diocese) entrusted to the Salesians in 2008, you can meet all major Indonesian religion places of worship – Islam Mosque, Hindu Temple, Chinese religion temple or Protestant Church. This is a typical EAO living environment: multi-religious and multicultural. But the triple dialogue of life requested by the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops Conferences) - dialogue with cultures, religions and poverty – is not yet our daily Salesian lifestyle.

“During the two days animation visit of Fr. Václav in Surabaya I was challenged to have a short afternoon tour around parish and get in touch with the other religion places of worship. Indeed our parish is surrounded by a nearby Mosque Al Iklash and protestant Gereja and there are many other religion places of worship in our parish territory included the Hindu Temple. But I have before even tried to enter into any of them. After four years of living in our St. Michael parish school and Church, I have never crossed on the other side to the Muslim school or Mosque, just attached on the back of our compound. Through the encouragement of Fr. Klement, I was able to step in into the neighbor compound and the place of worship.

First step to other religion place of worship is always not-so-easy, but then we are welcomed by the friendliness and welcoming attitude of the Imam or Muslim priest or believer.

Today we met fellow Imam Datuk in his mosque, asked many question about the daily life of the Muslim faith community and school. It was nice to have an occasion to meet him. He said that we are always living in peace and harmony here in the region of Surabaya. Inter-religious relationship was always good and interesting. We share the same value of life, how do we deal to each other and how do we live our lives as a follower of God. The Salesians here in Surabaya were invited several times for the ecumenical gathering. And we accepted it as an opportunity to spread the good news of the Lord. Like in our delegation of Indonesia second strategic, point two was written to always have the good relationship with the different religion, perhaps now is the time to walk the talk. We have to start from our own neighborhood.

Imam Datuk was having a great experience when he was assign in Laga East Timor. He is a pension Navy colonel. He share that when he was in Laga, he saw how the people there bring the priest in his shoulder in order to cross the river. It was a nice experience according to him. She sees the good thing there, that the people showing their respect to the priest. It means we have the great opportunities to own their respect and bring them closer to Jesus. I do believe that there will be many more people like imam Datuk to have such an experience of good people and the openness to receive and allow us to know each other and to have the good relationship. Isn’t it this is the good sign and good challenge for us Salesian here in Indonesia in order to live in peace and harmony with our neighborhood? The decision is with us! Thank you Fr. Klement for the first and good experience that you share to me! Viva Don Bosco!”

20151012_ITM1.jpg

20151012_ITM2.jpg

20151012_ITM3.jpg

20151012_ITM4.jpg

20151012_ITM5.jpg

20151012_ITM6.jpg

20151012_ITM7.jpg

20151012_ITM8.jpg

20151012_ITM9.jpg

20151012_ITM10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 3770(II)_My missionary experience in the Western Pampa (Oeste Pampeano)

By Fr. Natalino de Jesus, SDB Timorese missionary in Argentina, La Pampa – Victorica, since 2008. La Pampa, Argentina, October17, 2015 - "I came here in order to listen, to observe and to learn" I would like to share with the confreres of T...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1536 file
    Read More
  2. 3770(I)_Greetings from Ghana

By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Chinese missionary in Ghana. Ashiman, Ghana, October 17, 2015 - There are many ways how to discern the missionary vocation ad gentes of a young Salesian. One of them is to spend one or two years of practical tr...
    Date2015.10.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3065 file
    Read More
  3. 3769(II)_Aspirantate in Hong Kong 2015

By Asp. Bosco Chan To make an account of the aspirantate in Hong Kong, we must begin with gratitude to the pure grace freely endowed to the Salesian community in Aberdeen Technical School. This community now consists of three priests and on...
    Date2015.10.16 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2001 file
    Read More
  4. 3769(I)_Fruits of the World Assembly of the Past pupils of Don Bosco 2015

By Mr. Mitsuhiro Tateishi Tokyo, Japan, October 16, 2015 - I’d like to share my personal experience and awareness on the 5th Statutory World Assembly of the Past Pupils of Don Bosco, was held at the Salesianum in Rome, October 3-6. See arti...
    Date2015.10.16 CategoryGIA Reply3 Views1918 file
    Read More
  5. 3768(I)_Don Bosco Football Cups for Girls

By Le Ha Dalat, Vietnam, Oct 14 2015 - On the occasion of the Vietnamese Women’s Day, four Don Bosco boarding houses for girls in Dalat organized 2 Football Cups: ‘FOUR LADY HOUSES FOOTBALL CUP’ and ‘TERESA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE’. The competiton...
    Date2015.10.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1837 file
    Read More
  6. 3768(II)_A seminar on promoting communicational skill

By Le Ha and Thanh Lam Dalat, Vietnam, Oct 14, 2015 - At Don Rua Postnovitiate from Oct 12-14, there was a seminar on promoting communicational skill, held by Youth Pastoral commission and Mass media commission of Dalat deanery. This was th...
    Date2015.10.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1527 file
    Read More
  7. 3767_Blessed Alexandrina honored by ASC

By Mila Wuthrich, ASC Cebu, Philippines, October 13, 2015 - More than fifty Salesian Cooperators, few aspirants and two Salesian Sisters and Salesian Novices gathered on October 13, 2015 at Don Bosco Formation Center Chapel, Lawaan, Talisay...
    Date2015.10.14 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1505 file
    Read More
  8. 3766_First Salesian Japanese missionary in Africa

My present dream is to become like Fr. Cimatti in Africa By Cl. Chihiro Morito, SDB Moshi, Tanzania, October 13, 2015 - It’s a very special story of one Japanese Christian, Salesian and Missionary vocation. Second year postnovice Cleric Chi...
    Date2015.10.13 CategoryWorld Reply2 Views22028 file
    Read More
  9. 3765(II)_Surabaya - model for inter-religious dialogue of life

By Fr. Reo Ferdinandus, SDB Surabaya, Indonesia, October 11, 2015 - As many other EAO Salesian communities in the Pakistan, Indonesia, Thailand or Mindanao also the Surabaya - St. Michael Parish based community of two Salesians (Fr. Noel Vi...
    Date2015.10.12 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1263 file
    Read More
  10. 3765(I)_DBTI trains selected ExxonMobil Technicians

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, October 9, 2015 - Seven young men have successfully completed the four-week refresher training course at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko under the supervision of Mr. Erwin Napiza, Elect...
    Date2015.10.12 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views2730 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 533 Next
/ 533