Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

FOR DOWNLOAD:

EAO-GNT-2015 (17) August ENG+++.doc  

DB200-CIN LOGO heart.png

EAO Good Night Talk (17)                                                                  

August 1, 2015

Don Bosco, Happy Birthday!

August 16, 2015 is already here – after many years of preparation finally we can share heartfelt wishes to your 200th Birthday!

“Dear Don Bosco, being the most distant Salesian region from Becchi and Valdocco, your 200th Birthday celebration has very deep meaning for all of us in our Region!”

“We were lucky enough to welcome 4 years ago your relics in Korea, Japan, Hong Kong,  Macau, Taiwan, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia, Timor Leste and Australia. Thousands of Salesian Family members still treasure this special encounter with you for the rest of their life.”

“You know how we did our best to spread your life story and spirit with translations and publications of your writings in EAO languages. We did not spare our efforts, funds and Salesian family energies to prepare many DB200 events during these past four years: Congresses, Symposium, Celebrations, Sport festivals and Youth gatherings. Many provinces prepared pilgrimages to your beloved Becchi and Valdocco.”

“Dear Don Bosco, help us to continue to harvest the fruits of your 200th Birthday Jubilee! Give us the wisdom and zeal to witness your predilection for the poor youth so that other generations would be able to celebrate also your 300th Birthday in many more East Asia – Oceania locations!”

May this Papua New Guinea youth made resolution as fruits of this Jubilee Year express our innermost feeling: ‘Oh God, full of mercy, I would like to commit myself to Don Bosco!  Help me reach out to the needy and poor youngsters, so that I may bring them to Don Bosco, to be closer to Jesus Christ. May I be a shining light to all through Christ, Our Lord!  Amen.’

clip_image002.jpg

And this creative logo DB200 made by China province: ‘Heart to heart, hand in hand, moving together towards the future of the Salesian Family’ shows us the way!

Dear Don Bosco, we wish you from the bottom of our hearts – Happy Birthday!

Fr. Václav Klement, SDB

Regional Councilor EAO 2014-2020

DB200-macau CIN15.jpg