austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180926_RMG.jpg

24th UPS missionary formation course: first time in English

By Fr. Andrew Tin (VIE - Mongolia Delegation)

RMG, 25 September 2018 -- There are 19 of us here at present who have come from around the Salesian world; next week we will be joined by another 5 new missionaries belonging to the 149th expedition. Our new 'temporary missionary community' will have 24 members (+3 FMA sisters who will participate in the course as well).

On 23 September 23, after dinner at Sacro Cuore (The General House) we met for the first time with Fr Martin Lasarte (course director). It was an introduction session; the group also includes many Salesians from our EAO region: Br. Alex Abelgas (Philippines South), Fr. Albert Swear (PGS vice province), TLS East Timor vice province, MYM Myanmar and the Vietnam – Mongolia province.

Many of us are missionaries ad gentes, many are ‘missionaries’ in their own country, both priests and brothers. Some are coming to Rome for the first time in their life. The first meeting was an eye-opener. It seemed as if we had know each other for a long time. Our environment is very open, full of smiles, chatting with each other, and some confreres here in the General House said that they wanted to join with our group because there is so much joy, laughter and relaxation.

I am really very happy to be a Salesian in such a situation. It is a very different experience and atmosphere. As soon as I had arrived at Fiumicino airport and was waiting in the long immigration line, Fr Martin already called me to indicate the 'meeting point'. He was already waiting with two other senior priests! It showed a wonderful family spirit and a fraternal way to care for me!

When I arrived the General House, the Rector and the community gave me a warm welcome. Especially when I met the Rector Major, he greeted me with a warm and friendly smile, with a tender heart and he looked at me in my eyes and said to me while he touched my face: ”Welcome!”

I felt at home here, even with some elderly Salesian conferes with whom I could not communicate due to the langauge barrier, but then, when I saw how they are working, limping and walking with a stick, I felt sad! I admire them for the dedication of their long life and suffering. They led me to realise that a faithful life is more than a fruitful or successful one!

Every day we pray together in the community chapel with the St Joseph community. Here in Rome I pray a lot and pray for all of us, especially for our Mongolia delegation, for all the Salesians in our delegation. I pray for them day by day to be real Salesians of Don Bosco for the young and with the young, especially those who are entrusted to our care for their education. I pay too for our lay mission partners - that they may understood our charism and serve the young with the same heart in our mission.

After some 18 years in the mission, I have returned to the place where our founder was living (2 full years in Rome). I am reflecting at the same place where Don Bosco worked, dreamt, worked for the young and prepared the Salesians. Don Bosco also built this Basilica of the Sacred Heart (Sacro Cuore). I could not imagine how beautiful this basilica is. Our Father started only with a handful of coins in his hands and was crying at the altar of Mary Help of Christians, while he offered his only Eucharist there in May 1887!

I'm very proud of Don Bosco and I'm also very challenged indeed: who am I for the young nowadays? Don Bosco has done many things and he left us a rich charismatic heritage. He really expressed in his “coetere tolle” that he is ready with unlimited strength, and concern for the happiness of the young in the world and in eternal life as much as he can. He died exhausted for the young! He reallly loved the young in action, work and deed!

I just say to God: 'Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be here, to know more about Don Bosco, more about our Salesians all over the world! It is such a beautiful feeling and an experience which I could never fully express!

Please continue to pray for us in this missionary course, on our spiritual journey with Don Bosco through his life and times in order to be real Salesians for the young today!

20180926_RMG1.jpg

20180926_RMG2.jpg

20180926_RMG3.jpg

20180926_RMG4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4864(I)_This will get you through

An interview and personal sharing with Raymond Pythias, Lodge 10 Manager By Fr Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 27 September 2018 -- Salesian Past-pupil Raymond Pythias was born on 29January 1978. He attended Don Bosco Technical Scho...
    Date2018.09.28 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1180 file
    Read More
  2. 4863(II)_"Our Shepherd was taken to the Father's house!"

Mongolia Catholic Community mourns it's first bishop By Our Own Correspondent Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 26 September 2018 -- "Our beloved Bishop Wens passed away suddenly in his office this evening at 7:15 PM by heart attack. He finished his m...
    Date2018.09.27 CategoryMong. Reply3 Views1790 file
    Read More
  3. 4863(I)_“Eternal is his merciful love; He is faithful from age to age” (Psalm 100:5)

Message of His Holiness Pope Francis to the Catholics of China and to the Universal Church By our own correspondent Vatican, 26 September 2018 -- Dear brother bishops, priests, consecrated men and women and all the faithful of the Catholic ...
    Date2018.09.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views993 file
    Read More
  4. 4862(V)_"May we become one body and one spirit in Christ"

Episcopal Ordination of Bishop Mario Yamanouchi, Saitama diocese By Mr. Chihiro Okawa, EXDB Saitama, Japan, 25 Sep 2018 -- The Episcopal Ordination of Bishop Mario Michiaki Yamanouchi, SDB took place at Jubilee Hall of Urawa Akenohoshi Gaku...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views2770 file
    Read More
  5. 4862(IV)_Recharging missionary batteries in Rome: "I'm very proud of Don Bosco!"

24th UPS missionary formation course: first time in English By Fr. Andrew Tin (VIE - Mongolia Delegation) RMG, 25 September 2018 -- There are 19 of us here at present who have come from around the Salesian world; next week we will be joined...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views828 file
    Read More
  6. 4862(III)_"I feel the heart of Don Bosco"

149th Salesian missionary expedition pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy places By Cl. Phaolo Bao, SDB (VIE) Missionary to Cambodia Colle Don Bosco, Italy, 25 September 2018 -- The last week of immediate preparation for our missionary send off ...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  7. 4862(II)_Remembering Fr. Dino

The community of Baucau prayed for the Eternal Rest of Fr. Dino By FR. Joao da Costa Boavida, SDB Baucau, Timor-Leste, 25 September 2018 -- In the afternoon of the 25th of September, the Salesians of Don Bosco of Baucau Community, Salesian ...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views1734 file
    Read More
  8. 4862(I)_“Ol Yangpela blong Nau Yumi wokabout wantaim Kraist long wok na Pasin"

Don Bosco Simbu Technical College hosts Youth Gathering for Diocese of Kundiawa By Bernard Kaiau Simbu, PNG, 23 September 2018 -- The Don Bosco Simbu Technical College (DBSTC) opened its doors for 1500 young people from the Diocese of Kundi...
    Date2018.09.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views7600 file
    Read More
  9. 4861_28 years journeying with aspirants

Nazareth House (Ban Nazareth), Banpong THA By Fr. Dominic Suphot, SDB Banpong, Thailand, 24 September 2018 -- Banpong is an industrial town not so far from Bangkok, with three Salesian communities - Sarasit School, ( opened 1927, now with 1...
    Date2018.09.25 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1546 file
    Read More
  10. 4860(II)_The Young people are not far from the Church!

Youth and Choices of Life in pedagogical perspective International Congress (UPS) By Our Own Correspondent Rome, Italy 23 September 2018 -- One of the events preparing the Synod of Bishops 2018 about 'Young People - Faith and Vocation Disce...
    Date2018.09.24 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views983 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 532 Next
/ 532