by ceteratolle posted Sep 06, 2018
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180906_TLS.jpg

Fr. Dino Donaggio (1934-2018) - Welcome to the Salesian Garden!

By TLS SC

Dili, Timor Leste, 4 September 2018 -- When Fr. Dino Donaggio passed away in his native Italy (province of INE, Italy - Venezia) on September 3, 2018 - many Salesians and Salesian Family members of Timor Leste shared their vivid memory of this 30 year commitment to the mission and formation in East Timor and in the Philippines.

"I first met him whe I was still a little boy. He came to our village for the Eucharistic celebration. From tht ime on, he was known as a singing priest since he would sing Mass songs when nobody was willing to sing. He was also known as motorbike priest too. He would travel to remote and dangerous areas,going up and down the mountain for pastoral services for the poor and the little once with motorbike. He became our brass band master, teacher of Latin and confessor. He lived a very simple and austere life. He was disciplined and very dedicated to his tasks. I remember him as someone who is always on time for band practices and classes. As a confessor he used to sit down for many hours before, during and after the Mass to listen to confessions of young in Don Bosco Fatumaca, Baucau.

He was very particular with the virtue of purity; in the classes he reminded always the aspirants to protect that virtue in words and in action. Even in his advanced age he was never tired of doing pastoral work. I remember that one Sunday morning it was stormy and heavy rain. He was scheduled to celebate Mass I a remote area. It was so difficult to get out from bed. But Don Dino left early morning even nature did not permit him to go for the Mass to the villages.

Thank you very much, Don Dino for your good example as a Salesian!

Thank you for the seed of the Gospel that you have spread in our country!

May you rest in peace!"

Another testimonial:

"He was our spiritual moderators (catechist) in Bacolor, Pampanga, Philipines as well the music mastrer. I remember that he seemed to be strict, but to those who were close to him, he was always kind. He stressed the importance of always celebrating the liturgy well.

After many years I met him again in Fatumaca, East Timor as our confessor. Always faithful to his duties and always exhibiting a dynamic pastoral zeal, he was really a model for us missionaries.

May the Good Lord grant him eternal rest in his heavenly Kingdom!

We have another intercessor in heaven!"

Related article:

20180906_TLS1.jpg

20180906_TLS2.jpg

20180906_TLS3.jpg