austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180906_TLS.jpg

Fr. Dino Donaggio (1934-2018) - Welcome to the Salesian Garden!

By TLS SC

Dili, Timor Leste, 4 September 2018 -- When Fr. Dino Donaggio passed away in his native Italy (province of INE, Italy - Venezia) on September 3, 2018 - many Salesians and Salesian Family members of Timor Leste shared their vivid memory of this 30 year commitment to the mission and formation in East Timor and in the Philippines.

"I first met him whe I was still a little boy. He came to our village for the Eucharistic celebration. From tht ime on, he was known as a singing priest since he would sing Mass songs when nobody was willing to sing. He was also known as motorbike priest too. He would travel to remote and dangerous areas,going up and down the mountain for pastoral services for the poor and the little once with motorbike. He became our brass band master, teacher of Latin and confessor. He lived a very simple and austere life. He was disciplined and very dedicated to his tasks. I remember him as someone who is always on time for band practices and classes. As a confessor he used to sit down for many hours before, during and after the Mass to listen to confessions of young in Don Bosco Fatumaca, Baucau.

He was very particular with the virtue of purity; in the classes he reminded always the aspirants to protect that virtue in words and in action. Even in his advanced age he was never tired of doing pastoral work. I remember that one Sunday morning it was stormy and heavy rain. He was scheduled to celebate Mass I a remote area. It was so difficult to get out from bed. But Don Dino left early morning even nature did not permit him to go for the Mass to the villages.

Thank you very much, Don Dino for your good example as a Salesian!

Thank you for the seed of the Gospel that you have spread in our country!

May you rest in peace!"

Another testimonial:

"He was our spiritual moderators (catechist) in Bacolor, Pampanga, Philipines as well the music mastrer. I remember that he seemed to be strict, but to those who were close to him, he was always kind. He stressed the importance of always celebrating the liturgy well.

After many years I met him again in Fatumaca, East Timor as our confessor. Always faithful to his duties and always exhibiting a dynamic pastoral zeal, he was really a model for us missionaries.

May the Good Lord grant him eternal rest in his heavenly Kingdom!

We have another intercessor in heaven!"

Related article:

20180906_TLS1.jpg

20180906_TLS2.jpg

20180906_TLS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4843_Vibrant Salesian community of Hua Hin Salesian school

At the heart of large educative - pastoral community of Hua Hin By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 6 September 2018 -- After seventy years from foundation of Salesian school in Hua Hin, thousands of Past Pupils spread the voice abo...
    Date2018.09.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1404 file
    Read More
  2. 4842(IV)_Formation is a matter of heart!

Synergy of two Regions - South Asia and EAO region By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 5 September 2018 -- Last day of the EAO and South Asia inter-regional seminar – workshop on Postnovitiate formation in Hua Hin, Thailand (Septemb...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  3. 4842(III)_A model of Gospel life simplicity in Timor Leste

Fr. Dino Donaggio (1934-2018) - Welcome to the Salesian Garden! By TLS SC Dili, Timor Leste, 4 September 2018 -- When Fr. Dino Donaggio passed away in his native Italy (province of INE, Italy - Venezia) on September 3, 2018 - many Salesians...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryTLS Reply2 Views1297 file
    Read More
  4. 4842(II)_Remembering the 68th death anniversary of Mons. Gaetano Passoti

SIHM sisters welcome the Asian Salesians in their General house (Hua Hin) By Sr Maliwan Paramathawirote, SIHM Superior General, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Hua Hin, Thailand, 3 September 2018 -- Even 68 years after Mons. Gaetan...
    Date2018.09.06 Reply0 Views742 file
    Read More
  5. 4842(I)_Life-long commitment to the technical education for the benefit of the poor youth

Brother Mario Bois receives 28th Ilga Award By Fr. Raphael Lee, SDB Seoul, Korea, 1 September 2018 -- In the Grace Hall of Mil-Al School (Seoul, ROK), together with other two Awardee, Salesian Brother Mario Bois, SDB was awarded a prestigou...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1120 file
    Read More
  6. 4841_“The Almighty has done great things for me.”

First Wantok Bosco launched in Solomon Islands By Sr. Sesilia Sala, FMA Honiara, Solomon Islands, 31 August 2018 -- The Don Bosco Technical Institute in Central Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands) was packed with nearly four hundred youth from th...
    Date2018.09.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1014 file
    Read More
  7. 4840_Bible in the Family

Welcoming September with Bible Quiz in Indonesia By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 3 September 2018 -- For the Catholic Church in Indonesia, every September is the Month of the Bible. This year, Bible quiz is the program of learni...
    Date2018.09.04 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1202 file
    Read More
  8. 4840_A new year for formation

By Phuoc Nguyen, SDB Dalat, Vietnam, 1 Sept 2018 -- The Province of Vietnam-Mongolia celebrated the Mass of Holy Spirit for its two centers of studies, the theologate and the philosophate. As the meeting of the post-novitiate rectors in Hua...
    Date2018.09.04 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1364 file
    Read More
  9. 4839_Tomorrow we will do what you are doing today!

Formation aims to touch the hearts [of young Salesians] By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 3 September 2018 -- The 33 participants of the EAO and South Asia Postnovitiate formation meeting in Hua Hin had a busy Sunday: the whole mo...
    Date2018.09.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views898 file
    Read More
  10. 4838(III)_Ready to accompany the young generations of the postnovices

South and East Asia Postnovitiate formators meeting in Hua Hin By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 1 September 2018 -- From September 1 to 4 in the Don Bosco Retreat House in Hua Hin the 30 formators and teaching staff of the Salesi...
    Date2018.09.02 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1169 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 532 Next
/ 532