austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180906_TLS.jpg

Fr. Dino Donaggio (1934-2018) - Welcome to the Salesian Garden!

By TLS SC

Dili, Timor Leste, 4 September 2018 -- When Fr. Dino Donaggio passed away in his native Italy (province of INE, Italy - Venezia) on September 3, 2018 - many Salesians and Salesian Family members of Timor Leste shared their vivid memory of this 30 year commitment to the mission and formation in East Timor and in the Philippines.

"I first met him whe I was still a little boy. He came to our village for the Eucharistic celebration. From tht ime on, he was known as a singing priest since he would sing Mass songs when nobody was willing to sing. He was also known as motorbike priest too. He would travel to remote and dangerous areas,going up and down the mountain for pastoral services for the poor and the little once with motorbike. He became our brass band master, teacher of Latin and confessor. He lived a very simple and austere life. He was disciplined and very dedicated to his tasks. I remember him as someone who is always on time for band practices and classes. As a confessor he used to sit down for many hours before, during and after the Mass to listen to confessions of young in Don Bosco Fatumaca, Baucau.

He was very particular with the virtue of purity; in the classes he reminded always the aspirants to protect that virtue in words and in action. Even in his advanced age he was never tired of doing pastoral work. I remember that one Sunday morning it was stormy and heavy rain. He was scheduled to celebate Mass I a remote area. It was so difficult to get out from bed. But Don Dino left early morning even nature did not permit him to go for the Mass to the villages.

Thank you very much, Don Dino for your good example as a Salesian!

Thank you for the seed of the Gospel that you have spread in our country!

May you rest in peace!"

Another testimonial:

"He was our spiritual moderators (catechist) in Bacolor, Pampanga, Philipines as well the music mastrer. I remember that he seemed to be strict, but to those who were close to him, he was always kind. He stressed the importance of always celebrating the liturgy well.

After many years I met him again in Fatumaca, East Timor as our confessor. Always faithful to his duties and always exhibiting a dynamic pastoral zeal, he was really a model for us missionaries.

May the Good Lord grant him eternal rest in his heavenly Kingdom!

We have another intercessor in heaven!"

Related article:

20180906_TLS1.jpg

20180906_TLS2.jpg

20180906_TLS3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4846(II)_"We run for the blind!"

Privileged to run together with the blind in Thailand - 6th edition By Bro. Joseph Suwan, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 9 September 2018 -- Last Saturday was organized already the 6th edition of the "Run for the Blind". This running event was orga...
    Date2018.09.10 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1314 file
    Read More
  2. 4846(I)_Three challenges to the Salesian Cooperators in Thailand North East

Salesian Cooperators are growing in the North East of Thailand By Our Own Correspondent Udonthani, Thailand, 9 September 2018 -- In the Sunday afternoon of September 9 some 25 Salesian Cooperators of North East of Thailand gathered in Don B...
    Date2018.09.10 CategoryASC Reply0 Views983 file
    Read More
  3. 4845(II)_The face of new Salesian missionaries 2018

The new missionary course of the 149th expedition started at Sacro Cuore By Cl. Paul Bao, SDB (VIE) RMG, 9 September 2018 -- Four weeks before the 149th Salesian Missionary Expedition (Valdocco, September 30) the new missionaries are alread...
    Date2018.09.09 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1469 file
    Read More
  4. 4845(I)_Join hands in serving the youth of Laos

15 years of dedicated service to Lao youth By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 8 September 2018 -- Since last 2004, more than 1000 young people from all corners of Lao PDR (Peoples Democratic Republic) received a good preparation for ...
    Date2018.09.09 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1062 file
    Read More
  5. 4844(II)_Salesians are following the path of fidelity

Rector major's greeting as GC28 fast approaches By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 8 September 2018 -- On the Feastday of Nativity of Our Lady, September 8, the Rector Major, Fr. Angel Fernandez Artime released his letter included in the Acts of...
    Date2018.09.08 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1326 file
    Read More
  6. 4844(I)_Salesian Youth serving Youth - FIS 2018-2019 Leadership

Newly elected Salesian Youth Movement (FIS) 2018-2019 By FIS SC Cebu, the Philippines, 7 September 2018 -- Don Bosco Technical College-Cebu Inc., 01 September 2018. A SALESIAN YOUTH MOVEMENT is basically a movement that is for the young and...
    Date2018.09.08 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1008 file
    Read More
  7. 4843_Vibrant Salesian community of Hua Hin Salesian school

At the heart of large educative - pastoral community of Hua Hin By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 6 September 2018 -- After seventy years from foundation of Salesian school in Hua Hin, thousands of Past Pupils spread the voice abo...
    Date2018.09.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1406 file
    Read More
  8. 4842(IV)_Formation is a matter of heart!

Synergy of two Regions - South Asia and EAO region By Our Own Correspondent Hua Hin, Thailand, 5 September 2018 -- Last day of the EAO and South Asia inter-regional seminar – workshop on Postnovitiate formation in Hua Hin, Thailand (Septemb...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views936 file
    Read More
  9. 4842(III)_A model of Gospel life simplicity in Timor Leste

Fr. Dino Donaggio (1934-2018) - Welcome to the Salesian Garden! By TLS SC Dili, Timor Leste, 4 September 2018 -- When Fr. Dino Donaggio passed away in his native Italy (province of INE, Italy - Venezia) on September 3, 2018 - many Salesians...
    Date2018.09.06 CategoryTLS Reply2 Views1297 file
    Read More
  10. 4842(II)_Remembering the 68th death anniversary of Mons. Gaetano Passoti

SIHM sisters welcome the Asian Salesians in their General house (Hua Hin) By Sr Maliwan Paramathawirote, SIHM Superior General, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Hua Hin, Thailand, 3 September 2018 -- Even 68 years after Mons. Gaetan...
    Date2018.09.06 Reply0 Views744 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 533 Next
/ 533