Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 3077 Comment 1

20180805_WOR.jpg

Caritas Sisters celebrate in the General house in Rome

By Sr. Maria Letizia Ono, CSJ

Rome, Italy, 4 August 2018 -- 130 years after the birth of Fr. Cavoli, our Founder our only community on Italian soil, the General house in Rome, celebrated his Birthday.

There was a simple celebration. Together with some Sisters – students in different universities in Rome who gathered for the monthly recollection we cut the Birthday cake with few candles. This Birthday cake was baked from the apricots grown in the general house small garden and with the eggs brought by the nephew of Fr. Cavoli. On the top were 13 little candles to remember the 130 years.

20180805_WOR1.jpg

20180805_WOR2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • ceteratolle 2018.08.06 16:08
    From Fr. John Baptist ZEN, SDB

Dear editor and friend/brother in Jesus Christ and Don Bosco

Withe reference to the 130th Birthday of the Founder of the CSJ, may I tell you and your readers in good move a joke in the atmosphere of the family spirit;
    therefore if you are not in a good mood, please do not read the following lines, please!
    Secondly, to fully understand the joke, one must know a bit of the Italian language.
    So, let us go back to the fifties in the  Salesian world in Hong Kong where and when the Italian language was largely used, spoken and understood  in the salesian circles.

In those yers in Hong Kong there were a few Sisters founded by now St. Luigi Versiglia, Sisters Amnnouncers of the Lord, SAL, in  a small  community, some one worked in the parishes, someone began to open and run a kindergarten and primary school, by now a well reknownd High School. The good and simple Sisters, deign  followers of the Great Saint Founder;  were looked after by now defunct Rev. Fr.  Giuseppe CUCCHIARA, SDB, Vicar General of H.E. Monsignor Michele Arduino, then Bishop of Shiu-chow, deign successor of  Monsignor Kanazei and Monsignor Versiglia.
        Here comes the joke without any malice and discrimination, proof of the then reigning authentic family spirit:
       THE SISTERS LOOKED AFTER BY FR. CUCCHIARA WERE CALLED COMMONLY SUORE CUCCHIAINE!!!

In a similar way, in those years, in the same Hong Kong, there were some chinese nuns from a  Congregation coming from a Diocese on the Mainland China, allow me not to mention their exact name; they were looked after by now defunct FR. BRUNO GELOSA, SDB,  a great apostle for the oratories. So commonly and again with amy malice or discrimination, those Sisters were commonly called GELOSINE!!!

In those years, in Hong Kong it was already known that in Japan where was a Congregation of local Nuns, initiated originally by Monsignor Cimatti and later on followed up by FR. ANTONIO CAVOLI, -  please excuse me,  here I am not going to mention the specific and detailed history of this Great Congregation, -  So, in the common language used for other Sisters, specifically looked after by the Salesians, these Revernd Sissters were called  CAVOLINE!, again without any malice or discrimination.
       All the contrary! God has abundantly blessed this Congregation, as far as I know, it florished in terms of number of the nuns,, in the number of the Institutions of charity and education, in different terriitories and  Contries., less in Hong Kong,  Macau and Taiwan. WELCOME TO TAIWAN, DEAR REVEREND SISTERS OF CSJ. DO YOU HEAR ME?

As you see, apart from the joke, the matter becomes serious, I am not in any competence to invite the CSJ to begin a presence in Taiwas. but I can assure you in the name of God and of Don Bosco that here in Taiwan there is a lot of evangelization, education and apostolate to do . , , ,

Yours fraternally, Fr. John Baptist ZEN, SDB

By the way, exactly in these days, in Kowloon, Hong Kong the Congregations of the SAL, are having their General Chapter and on the 4th of August  under the auspice of the Bishop of Hong Kong, H.E. Monsignor Michael Yeung, - by the way, a past pupil from the Salesian Tang King Po School where Brother John Baptist Chu Shek-yan has been his instructor in a religious Association.

1. 4808(II)_130th Birthday of the Founder Fr. Antonio Cavoli

Caritas Sisters celebrate in the General house in Rome By Sr. Maria Letizia Ono, CSJ Rome, Italy, 4 August 2018 -- 130 years after the birth of Fr. Cavoli, our Founder our only community on Italian soil, the General house in Rome, celebrate...
    Date2018.08.05 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views3077 file
    Read More
  2. 4808(I)_Official start of Salesian Viceprovince of INA

First provincial for Indonesia, Fr. Andrew Wang installed By Fr. Peter Tukan, SDB Jakarta, Indonesia, 1 August 2018 -- For the Salesians of Indonesia, June 8, 2018 is a day to remember. After about 20 years of being part of the ITM (Indones...
    Date2018.08.05 CategoryINA Reply0 Views1225 file
    Read More
  3. 4807(II)_Growing in communion with the whole Congregation

PGS Viceprovince grows along the Road Map 2017-2023 By Our Own Correspondent Port Moresby, PNG, 4 August 2018 -- One of the numerically smallest Salesians circumscriptions, the Viceprovince of Blessed Philip Rinaldi of PNG and Solomon Islan...
    Date2018.08.04 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1432 file
    Read More
  4. 4807(I)_Great enthusiasm and renewed Don Bosco Alumni in FIS province

Short animation visit of Don Bosco Past Pupils in Southern Philippines By Mr. Alberto Piedade Cebu, the Philippines, 27 July 2018 -- On 26 July, Mr. Alberto Piedade and Mr. Angel Gudiña travelled to Cebu from Manila together with Fr. Exequi...
    Date2018.08.04 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views993 file
    Read More
  5. 4806(II)_Salesian Brothers at the service of the Rector Major

EAO Salesian Brothers at Sacro Cuore, General House 2018 By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 2 August 2018 -- Before the 7th Salesian Brother Congress many EAO Brothers have been asking about the Salesian Brothers role and task in the General Hou...
    Date2018.08.03 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views975 file
    Read More
  6. 4806(I)_Learning patience on the roads of Laos

Interview with Bro. Carlo Bacalla, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Vientiane, Laos, 2 August 2018 -- Don Bosco Vocation Training Center and Running for Charity: Brother Carlo originally from the FIS province (Philippines South) was for 13 year...
    Date2018.08.03 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views878 file
    Read More
  7. 4805(IV)_First year in the new Malaysia mission

The gift of being welcomed in the Malaysia Catholic community By Our Own Correspondent Kuching, Malaysia, 1 August 2018 -- Three short days (July 28-31) of the first animation visit to the new community of Kuching was not full of rich shari...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views975 file
    Read More
  8. 4805(III)_“I love to get in contact with the children and youths”

Interview with Bro. Reto Wanner, SDB By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 1 Agust 2018 -- Bro. Reto Wanner sdb was born on June 10, 1972. He belonged to the Evangelical Protestant Church, Ulrich Zwingli. Drawn to serve, he opted t...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views718 file
    Read More
  9. 4805(II)_Japan Federation of Don Bosco Alumni prepares for the 2020 Regional Congress

Animation visit of DB Alumni World Councilors in Japan 2018 By Mr. Alberto Piedade, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 31 Juliy 2018 -- From the Philippines (FIN and FIS) visit, the councilors of World Confederation, Mr. Alberto Piedade and Mr. Angel Gudiñ...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1336 file
    Read More
  10. 4805(I)_“Enjoy Life”

Summer camps in Vietnam, Cat Đam and Hoa An By Minh Tam, SDB and Tri Dung, SDB Cat Đam, Vietnam, 25 July 2018 -- The purpose was how to help the young to live the biblical atmosphere, and to relive the stories in the Bible in real joyful li...
    Date2018.08.02 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 533 Next
/ 533