PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180728_EAO.jpg

32 years of Journey - 

EAO Salesian Brother Congress 2018 coming soon

By Our Own Correspondent

EAO, 28 July 2018 -- In two weeks time (God willing) will gather many Salesians from all 12 SDB provinces of our Region in Vietnam to celebrate the 7th EAO Salesian Brother Congress with the theme: 'We all are Brothers' (Mt 23.8)

It's not only a 'Village Feast' of those who will come together to K'Long Retreat House, it's a Regional event even with participation of 4 General Councilors and representative of Salesian Brothers from all 5 continents. For those who are not able to join, there is a possibility to read, watch, enjoy and reflect many Salesian Brothers life witness and reflection on the Boscolink: https://www.bosco.link/index.php?document_srl=39236&mid=Formation.

Each previous EAO Salesian Brother Congress was a precious opportunity to share and strengthen the Salesian Consecrated Vocation (Acts of the EAO Congresses 1986-2013) available on the Boscolink: https://www.bosco.link/index.php?document_srl=38912&mid=Formation

So far we have gathered about 20 video clips: 5 from China, 4 from Philippines North, 1 from Philippines South, 2 from Japan, 1 from Indonesia, 2 from Timor Leste, 1 from Cambodia delegation 3 from Vietnam ... still waiting for the contribution of the 'missing provinces. Most of them already available on the Youtube.

Also the Rector Major has already sent his video message, so far available on Youtube in Italian with Khmer (sic!0 subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkNxllHA2c

Message of the Rector Major for the 7th EAO Regional Salesian Brother Congress, K’Long - Vietnam, 9-12 August 2018

My dear Confreres, I greet you with true affection.

I cherish very much the theme of the 7th EAO Regional Salesian Brother Congress

“We are all Brothers”. Great!

We have only one vocation – to be Salesians of Don Bosco - therefore we are indeed all brothers among us.

I am very happy to know that your will gather in Vietnam

And I remember the beautiful visit in Vietnam, and I thank you very much for that wonderful event - well, it makes me happy to hear that many Salesian Brothers will come together to reflect on the reality of our being all Brothers;

To reflect on the visibility of your being lay Salesians, Salesian Brothers;

and I’m equally happy for the fact that, beside all the journey that you have done during these past years up to this moment.

You are now already tuning up with the next General Chapter:

“What kind of Salesian Brothers for this beautiful Region?”

I like it so much.

I wish you a very fruitful work and I will be very glad to read your reflections, your conclusions.

I promise you my prayer.

I believe that many of us in different parts of the Salesian world wait eagerly for your reflections.

I add one more point:

My dear Confreres, my dear Brothers, I’m saying this all over the world, and I wish to tell you the same today:

The Salesian Brothers do not have vocational crisis.

The Congregation has no difficulty about the vocation of Salesian Brother as such.

The great problem of the Church and the congregation too is “clericalism”, which can be really strong, and which, at times, do not allow us to see the beauty of this wonderful vocation shining.

I invite you to be frank and courageous in your reflections, in your pondering on the fact that the Salesian Brother vocation has much to offer to the world today and finding ‘how’ to make it so.

I will be with you; I will be there with my heart, and I promise you my prayer.

I do love you wholeheartedly my dear confreres.

All the best.

Father Angel

Here is the historical overview of the six previous EAO Salesian Brother Congress for those who participated, to revive their memories and help their young brothers to walk with feet on the ground.

Congress Venue Prov Theme Participants Note
1986 Oct 19-26 Batulao Philippines FIL Salesian Constitutions  60 SDB+
1991 Oct 15-22 Hua Hin Thailand THA Sal. Brother Identity, Vocation, Formation 78 SDB+ Deliberations: Lino-Fr Gustilo-Comino
1995 Oct 16-21 Cebu Philippines FIS Secular dimension of the Salesian Congregation 85 SDB+       11 novices Fr Nicolussi, Br Swain,Br Das
1999 Feb 15-19 Melbourne Australia AUL DB’s vision about SB Year 2000 and Beyond 62 SDB+ Br.John Rasor: SB spirituality
2006 Aug 21-25 PhnomPenh Cambodia THA Promotion-Care  of Sal. Brother Vocation 75 SDB+ Fr Cereda (talk) Survey 44 group
2013 Aug 18-23 Hua Hin Thailand THA Salesian History – Pedagogy-Spirituality 85 SDB+ DB200 preparat. No resolutions
2018 Aug 9-12 K’Long Vietnam VIE And you all are Brothers… 180 SDB+ Two forms of one Sales. Vocation

20180728_EAO1.jpg

20180728_EAO2.jpg

20180728_EAO3.jpg

20180728_EAO4.jpg

20180728_EAO5.jpg

20180728_EAO6.jpg