RMG

4794(III)_How can we implement art. 45 of SDB Constitutions?

by ceteratolle posted Jul 22, 2018
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180722_RMG.jpg

Sharing the Wisdom about Salesian Brother Vocation: 

Deep reflection from Rome - Brother Jess Garcia (PGS)

By Bro. Jesus (Jess) Garcia, SDB 

Economer of St Joseph Community Sacro Cuore (Rome-Italy)

RMG, 21 July 2018 -- Until this month Br. 'Jess' (full name - Garcia Garrido Jesus Julian, PGS Viceprovince, was the only EAO member of the St Joseph community at Sacro Cuore (General House). A missionary from Spain, Bro. Jess is known to many Salesians in the Philippines (since 1982) and PNG (since 1992). Last year he was assigned by the Rector Major as the Economer of the General House and accompanied also the transfer from Via della Pisana, 1111 to the present location in Via Marsala 42.

Br. Jess does contribute to the reflection of the 7th EAO Regional Brother Congress with four pages entitled 'My Heresies - A personal reflection on the Lay-Salesian'. Full version of his reflection is available on the Boscolink.

Reflection is formed around 5 points

• Importance of good Formation
  • How do I see my own Salesian Brother vocation?
  • With Don Bosco and with the times
  • Some simple Statistics
  • Possible Answers to the issue of Vocations.

Take time to read and ponder the reflection of Br. Jess is worthwhile effort: The author starts from personal life and vocation experience sharing, then ponders on the deeper connection between Salesian mission and two forms of one Salesian Vocation - the BROTHER SALESIAN and the PRIEST SALESIAN (emphasize the NOUN not the ADJECTIVE), pondering on our present faithfulness to Don Bosco and the 130 years of Salesian vocation statistics. The ongoing question - 'Observing our Mission, i'm wondering, why are there so many Priest Salesians...'

But the most rewarding are the few concrete and practical conclusions formulated around three points:

• Closeness to the young people and lay (involvement in education, esp. technical field

• Clericalism suggest to postpone the decision as far as it can be allowed: recruit vocations of Salesian Brother among the Salesian 'Clerics' (candidate to the priesthood)

• Implementation of art. 45 (SDB Constitutions) that quotes 'The significant and complementary presence of clerical and lay Salesians in the community constitutes an ESSENTIAL element of its make-up and of its apostolic completeness'' - a gradual implementation of this article might make the Congregation more proactive in looking for 'balanced vocation solutions'.

Thanks to Br. Jess for his contribution to the EAO Salesian Brother Congress and beyond!

Full text of the reflection on the BOSCOLINK

20180722_RMG1.jpg

20180722_RMG2.jpg

20180722_RMG3.jpg

20180722_RMG4.jpg