Salesian Family of EAO Region
prepares for the 2019 History Seminar
EAO - ACCSSA SDB Coordinator
EAO, 19 July 2018 -- Last month (June 22-24, 2018) was succesfully organized the Third South Asia Regional Salesian History Seminar in Hyderabad, by the Association of Salesian Historians (ACSSA) with the theme - “INCISIVE AND INNOVATIVE SALESIAN PERSONALITIES OF INDIA” and 16 participtans from 4 SDB and 7 FMA provinces of South Asia.
Also in our EAO region we are preparing for the next 2019 EAO Regional Seminar held hopefully next February in Sampran, Thailand. It's already a fourth in history: 2004 in Hong Kong, 2008 in Batulao-Manila and 2013 in Cebu.
As of now the list of the EAO presenters and their topics is not yet very long, as in South Asia, the Sisters are leading with their meticulous preparation:
- Japan FMA - Sr. Marissa Gambato - on 'Sr. Carmela Solari, FMA" (missionary in Japan)
- Japan Caritas Sister of Jesus Sr. Letizia Ono - on 'Fr Antonio Cavoli, SDB' (missionary in Japan, founder)
- Thai SIHM Sr Somping Thabping - on 'Bishop Gaetano Pasotti, SDB' (missionary in China and Thailand, founder)
- THA-FMA Sr Anna Maria Grassi - on 'Sr Anna Payong Lattanana, FMA' (FMA educator Thai style)
- THA-FMA Sr Anna Rosa Sivori - on 'Sr. Rose Moore, FMA' (FMA pioneer in the rehabilitation of the blind')
- CIN-FMA Sr. Elena Miravalle - on 'First FMA's in China' (Pioneer missionary)
- TLS-SDB Fr. Manuel Fraile - on 'Fr. Alfonso Nacher' (Pioneer missionary)
- THA-SDB Fr. Joseph Banchong - on Bishop Pietro Caretto, SDB (missionary)
- Thai Prof. Phittiphon - on the "Thai Catholic Church"
And there are still many not-yet confirmed historical study promised:
- VIE-FMA province, Sr. Maria Hong Thi Ngoc
- CIN-SDB province: Fr. Lanfranco Fedrigotti+1
- CYM FMA province (Cambodia) as well some contributions from ACSSA members like Fr. Stanislaw Zimniak, SDB; Sr. Grazia Loparco, FMA; Fr. Francesco Motto, SDB
And beyond there are still many SDB provinces of our Region still missing 'on the appeal' - like Korea, Japan, Myanmar, Indonesia, Australia and PGS viceprovince.
We pray that this precious opportunity of exploring our charismatic dynamics will be taken seriously during next 6 month before the EAO Salesian History Seminar in all 12 EAO provinces.
- AustraLasia news 4673 (I) Do you treasure your Salesian roots?
- Convocation letter for the EAO - ACSSA Seminar 2019
- DB200 History Congress - Valdocco: EAO Contributions
- How to preserve our Salesian cultural heritage