Strenna 2019: presentation of the theme
RMG, 13 July 2018 -- "So that my joy may be in you" (John 15: 11). As every year since 2014, the Rector Major shared in the beginning of July the Presentation of his Strenna for next year 2019. The five page presentation of the 'Holiness for you, too!' Strenna is based on the Pope Francis Apostolic Exhortation 'Rejoice and Be Glad' (Gaudete et Exsultate) - 'On the call to holiness in today's' world' (March 19,2018).
A memo-style presentation of the Strenna 2019 is divided in 9 points/p>
- God calls us to Holiness (Invitation from the Holy Scriptures)
- A call to Holiness for Everyone (What is important is to be holy)
- Don Bosco wants his young people happy in this world and in the next
- Jesus is the Happiness that you, dear young people, are looking for
- 'I feel within me a desire and a need of becoming holy' (Dominic Savio)
- Holiness lived in the Salesian charism
- What does it mean 'Holiness for you, too!'?
- Some pointers to holiness and some dynamics to help on this journey
- Path of holiness today
Together with a variety of motivations for path to holiness, the 'most attractive face of the Church, the Rector Major does present to the Salesian Family members also many concrete ways how to progress on this journey - becoming more human and more Christ-like person in the school of Don Bosco.
As every year will follow other animation materials to make the message of the Strenna better known and closer to all 31 groups of the Salesian family around the world: The poster of the Strenna (usually in October produced by ANS or in some 'local' versions (like Japan) later on. Then the full commentary on the 2019 Strenna by the Rector Major would be available for the EAO translators in December and would be published on Dec 27,2018. The video Commentary on the Strenna is usually available in the early January in all 14 EAO langauges.
The following themese were suggested by the Rector major since 2014:
- Strenna 2015: Like Don Bosco - For the Young and With the Young
- Strenna 2016: Adventure in the Spirit
- Strenna 2017: We are one Family
- Strenna 2018: Art of Listening and Accompaniment
- Strenna 2019: Holiness for You, too!