Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20180704_THA.jpg

Interview with Bro. John Thanad

By Our Own Correspondent

Bangkok, Thailand, 3 July 2018 -- My life model is Saint Joseph:

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

God has called me to be a Salesian Brother of Don Bosco. I am confident that He has appointed me to serve the young people especially the poor ones. So my happiness and joyfulness come from God through Don Bosco's mission.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

For me, Saint Joseph is my model. He was humble, gentle, patient and smart. Even he was a man of few words, but he worked hard for God's plan. I am sure that his characters could be the identity of the Salesian Brothers.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission?

I think the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission is the consecrated life (consecrated person). His life surrenders to God and being committed to His plans.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Thai Church or Salesian Family?

To make the vocation of the Salesian brother more visible in the Thai Church, I think two factors are needed. First to promote and to talk about the Salesian Brother vocation in the local church and in the Salesian Family on the special occasions. Second to assign the Salesian Brother in our Educative and Pastoral communities.

What does sustain your vocation?

I would like to say that God's love, the accompaniment of Mary, Don Bosco's spirit and Salesians’ brotherhood would sustain and encourage me to be faithful to the Salesian Brother vocation.

What do you treasure from the previous EAO 2013 Hua Hin Congress as the organizer?

My great experiences from EAO 2013 Hua Hin Congress are the growth of the Salesian Brother vocations in our region and also the care, promotion and understanding of the Superiors at the Congregation level.

Any expectations from the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress?

My three expectations from the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress are: first to be proud of the Salesian Brother vocation, second to have more appreciation in the Salesian Brother vocation, and to make the Salesian Brother vocation known in the Church and also in the Salesian Family.

20180704_THA1.jpg

20180704_THA2.jpg

20180704_THA3.jpg

20180704_THA4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4782(III)_Unique memory about Salesian Brother Congress since 1975

Interview with Br Joe Ferrer, SDB By Our Own Correspondent Paranaque, the Philippines, 8 July 2018 -- What does sustain your Salesian Brother vocation? At the early stages of my vocation, what attracted me was the activities the early pione...
    Date2018.07.09 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1159 file
    Read More
  2. 4782(II)_Recovering the friendship with Jesus

Spiritual Energizer - Annual retreat of the General Council By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Guarcino, Italy, 7 July 2018 -- For each Salesian confrere the annual spiritual retreat is a golden chance to recover his friendship with Jesus. Also for...
    Date2018.07.09 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views1059 file
    Read More
  3. 4782(I)_Cambodian Practical Trainees met in Battambang

LTR standing: Fr. Anthony Hoang Van Nguyen, Br. Joshua Pilaku (Br. Samnang Jr.), Br. Kong Somony and Br. John Phen Nary. Sitting LTR Fr. Gerard Ravasco (Fr. Gigi) and Fr. Ceferino Ledesma (Fr. Cef.) The young confreres in practical training ...
    Date2018.07.08 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views1150 file
    Read More
  4. 4781(II)_Promote youth leadership skills through sports

Sports Saengthong Vitthaya School Hatyai, Songkhla Thailand By Bro. Thanad Anan, SDB Songkhla, Thailand, 29 June 2018 -- Whenever teams develop leadership skills both individually and collectively, they are more effective, engaged, agile an...
    Date2018.07.07 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1156 file
    Read More
  5. 4781(I)_Celebrating 25 years at Don Bosco Youth Centre, St Marys

By Cl. Jeff Miller, SDB Sydney, Australia, 24 June 2018 -- The Don Bosco Youth Centre, St Marys, celebrated its 25th anniversary of service to needy youth in Western Sydney. The 23rd ran as a family fun day, with extra attractions, a BBQ, a...
    Date2018.07.07 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views901 file
    Read More
  6. 4780(II)_Contribution to the missionary communion

Caritas Sisters of Jesus - International website in 6 languages By Sr. Maria Letizia Ono, CSJ Rome, Italy, 1 July 2018 -- The Caritas of Jesus (CSJ in English or SCG in Italian = Suore di Carita' di Gesu') present their Congregation on the ...
    Date2018.07.06 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views932 file
    Read More
  7. 4780(I)_First Melanesian Salesians’ Encounter

By Cl. Conrad Vamilat, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 30 June 2018 -- We seven Melanesian Salesians had an encounter together with the Provincial of the PGS Province Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB from 27th-30th of June at the Provincial House Port More...
    Date2018.07.06 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views1210 file
    Read More
  8. 4779_Listening to 52 Salesian Brothers

First step of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress 2018 By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 4 July 2018 -- Five weeks before the opening of the 2018 EAO Salesian Brother Congress we can already harvest first fruits of one year long preparation journ...
    Date2018.07.05 CategoryEAO Reply3 Views1771 file
    Read More
  9. 4778_Care, Promotion, Understanding of Salesian Brother Vocation

Interview with Bro. John Thanad By Our Own Correspondent Bangkok, Thailand, 3 July 2018 -- My life model is Saint Joseph: What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother? God has called me to be a Salesian Brother of Don Bosco. I am confident tha...
    Date2018.07.04 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1290 file
    Read More
  10. 4777(II)_Love with deeds!

Salesian Youth Day (Primary Section) By Miss Phyllis Tang Salesian Youth Ministry Coordinator Hong Kong, 30 June 2018 -- The annual event Salesian Youth Day (Primary Section) was held on 30 June in Salesian Yip Hon Millennium Primary School...
    Date2018.07.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views707 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 532 Next
/ 532