TLS

4699(I)_What makes the Salesian Brother more visible?

by ceteratolle posted Apr 16, 2018
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180416_ITM.jpg

Interview with Bro. Marcal Lopes, SDB

By Our Own Correspondent

Maliana, Timor Leste, 16 April 2018 -- Bro. Marcal is the most senior Salesian Brother of Timor Leste, already Principal of Don Bosco Technical School in Fatumaca and now of Don Bosco Technical School in Maliana. He spent also few years at the service of the Rector Major in the General House community, office of the Salesian Bulletin (digitalization of the Salesian Bulletin 1877-present time).

What makes you joyful as Salesian Brother?

Three things:

• The example of Salesian priests and Brothers who are joyful and faithful in their vocation.
  • Be able to share my life with others especially the young.
  • The community.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

There are three Salesian brothers: Br. Carlo Gamba, Br. José Kusy and Br. José Ribeiro, all of them pioneers of the Salesian mission in Timor Leste. I appreciate especially their simplicity of life, cheerfulness, constant presence among the young to accompany them as friend and guide, their hard work, attachment to their duties and prayer life.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our mission & community?

I suppose it is his lay character.

How to make the vocation of Salesian Brother more visible in the Church of Timor Leste?

Be present among the young through the exact fulfillment of your duties. Accompany them as friend and guide. Happy in your vocation. Not pretending to be what you are not. Be present through meetings or gatherings organized by the Church or other organizations.

How can we strengthen the Salesian vocation in Timor Leste?

Being joyful in your vocation as Salesian brother. Organize meetings and gatherings so that the brothers can meet to share their experiences and encourage one another, and journey together.

Any expectations, suggestion for the path towards the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress?

Hope that the Congress will be opportunity for formation, sharing, and that at the end of the congress there will be suggestions plans for each province to promote the Salesian brother vocation.

20180416_ITM1.jpg

20180416_ITM2.jpg

20180416_ITM3.jpg

20180416_ITM4.jpg

20180416_ITM5.jpg

20180416_ITM6.jpg