PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20180320_ASC.jpg

First animation visit of a World Councilor to Timor Leste ASC

By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC
World Councilor ASC for the EAO Region

Dili, Timor Leste, 19 March 2018 -- My first visit to this country was well received by the local Coordinator (Manuel do Carmo da Silva) and his members of Dili Centre. What a wonderful experience! Especially with the surprise of Jimmy and Ernie joining me from Bali airport, double happiness indeed!

I had to confess for my reluctance to accept Fr. Klement’s invitation at the beginning… scare of speaking to so many EAO Provincials obviously. Anyway it’s God view having me in Dili! Also thanks to Manuel for his arrangement of encountering with the members from all three local centres of Timor Leste. Really thankful for this opportunity of direct dialog with so many members and surprised to the active response, many questions, interaction, etc. As a result, we overran 2 hours (was planned for only 1 hour gathering) so that we’re locked out of FMA guest house after all because everybody slept already!

Hope this encountering and trust that Holy Spirit through the messaging help all our members in Timor Leste prepare towards the 9th province in EAO with strong “bond of union” (PAL-Statutes, Art.37 §2) as well as autonomy in communion. (PAL-Regulations, Art.21 §1, Art.25)

Besides the encountering with the Salesian Cooperators, I found that the Past Pupils of Don Bosco of Timor Leste share the same passion of re-juvenating as us. I think the Salesian Youth is a common area that we may work together (with GEX) for a better future.

And the Jakarta Center reports another step on their journey:

Following the special encounter with Fr. Vaclav Klement SDB in Jakarta on 18 Feb 2018 and the visit to Dili Timor Leste by two members of the local council, Jimmy Wijaya (Coordinator) and Ernie Djohan (Secretary), in the first week of March to meet with Philip Yu (World Councilor for EAO), the ASC Jakarta Center had a spiritual recollection under the guidance of Fr. Benedictus Sunardjoko SDB (Fr. Djoko) on 17 March.

In the recollection, Fr. Djoko reinforced that the aim of the ASC is to bring together a few individuals, both lay and ecclesiastics, to accomplish good works that may redound to the greater Glory of God and an active charity.. they adopt all spiritual & material methods which may contribute to this purpose, without ever seeking material gain or worldly glory...

All 17 participants attended the recollection which was held at the SDB house in Sunter - Jakarta. Their spirit was once again fueled by the recollection, after being ignited earlier by the experience and activities shared from the Salesian Cooperators of Timor Leste. And now the Jakarta Salesian Cooperators are ready to take off with renewed strength and zeal.

Related article:

20180320_ASC1.jpg

20180320_ASC2.jpg

20180320_ASC3.jpg

20180320_ASC4.jpg

20180320_ASC5.jpg

20180320_ASC6.jpg

20180320_ASC7.jpg