PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 720 Comment 0

20180309_ITM.jpg

Interview with Brother Adriano de Jesus

By Our Own Correspondent

Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 --

What makes you happy as Salesian brother?

I am so happy to be part of the Salesian as I live my unique Salesian brother vocations.

Through my daily life and works by serving the young people, whenever I serve others or work for the young people I am always happy. I believe that through my work and daily prayers will bring me closer to God as he is the center of my Life.

Who is your Salesian Brother model?

When i was junior high school my first encounter with a person who is not a priest but living together in a community, working hard and when is not working he is praying rosary, teaching catechism and whenever he teaches he makes everybody happy by his excellent talent. He was Brother Jose Ribeiro. My Salesian brother vocation became stronger when I witness the life of Bro Jose Kusy and Bro Carlos Gamba in Fatumaca for many years.

What is the specific contribution of the Salesian Brother to our charism?

As what I understand is that the Salesian brother mission is based on their specialization. In this way a Brother can give more priority to his works - like teaching in the school, oratory, youth center or other pastoral works. The Salesian brother must work for the congregation and the community.

How to make the vocation of the Salesian Brother more visible in the Church (or the Salesian family) of Timor Leste?

• Give the Salesian brother a suitable formations both religious formation’s and specializations
  • The presence of the Salesian Brother in the formations houses is important.
  • Prepare a Salesian Brother formator for the future.

What does sustain your vocation Fidelity and energy to follow Jesus?

First of all I love my vocation as I see Jesus is the center of my life through my daily prayer. Secondly devotion to the blessed mother. Third the community life where I got support from my Salesian brothers. Lastly frequent dialog with God and people.

Any expectations for the path towards the 2018 EAO Salesian Brother Congress in Vietnam?

• Let the Salesian brother be aware about the important role of the religious consecrated person in the Salesian congregation.
  • Let all the Salesians specially the superiors be aware about the importance of the EAO Salesian Brother Congress.
  • If its possible let all the Salesian brothers in EAO Region participate this Congress. I believe that through this congress the Salesian brothers will strengthen each other by sharing their living experience as Salesian Brother.

20180309_ITM1.jpg

20180309_ITM2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4665(II)_My Vocation Story, helped by Google Search

Vocation story of Indonesia prenovice (2) By Stefanus Belido Maing Sumba, Indonesia, 10 March 2018 -- My name is Stefanus Belido Maing, just call me Stef. I am a 18 year old pre-novice here in Don Bosco Sumba. Actually I was born in Larantu...
    Date2018.03.11 CategoryINA Reply2 Views1391 file
    Read More
  2. 4665(I)_United together with Love - Celebration in the North East of Thailand

60th Anniversary Don Bosco School Udonthani By Fr. Thomas Smith, SDB Udon Thani, Thailand, 10 March 2018 -- Don Bosco Vittaya School in Udon Thani, Thailand has been continuing to instill knowledge in the individual, adhering to the educati...
    Date2018.03.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views772 file
    Read More
  3. 4664_Go into the World and Whisper the Gospel!

Open to the young and lay mission partners: EAO Provincial meeting - Day 5 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- The last day of the annual EAO meeting of the provincials was dedicated to the Salesian Missions and conc...
    Date2018.03.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1118 file
    Read More
  4. 4663(II)_Joy in the service to the young

Interview with Brother Adriano de Jesus By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- What makes you happy as Salesian brother? I am so happy to be part of the Salesian as I live my unique Salesian brother vocations. Through m...
    Date2018.03.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views720 file
    Read More
  5. 4663(I)_Do you believe in the Salesian Family?

EAO Provincial meeting - Day 4 EAO Provincials learn from the Salesian Family By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- The fourth day of the EAO provincial meeting 2018 started with many joyful moments. The participants f...
    Date2018.03.09 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views881 file
    Read More
  6. 4662_Deep insight into the history, culture and nation building of Timor Leste

EAO provincials 2018 - Day 3, Dedicated to the exploration of Timor By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 8 March 2018 -- Every year the EAO provincials come together in a different province. Every year our group of 11 provincials and...
    Date2018.03.08 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views743 file
    Read More
  7. 4661_How do we transform the Salesian culture of our province?

EAO Provincials meeting 2018 - Day 2 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 7 March 2018 -- At the start of the day the EAO regional councilor introduced the method of the 2018 EAO meeting that focus on accompaniment of different proce...
    Date2018.03.07 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1110 file
    Read More
  8. 4660(III)_"How are you Father Provincial?"

EAO Provincial meeting 2018 - Day 1 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 6 March 2018 -- The first full day of the EAO 2018 Provincial and Delegates meetings started in the Dili – Comoro Blessed Artemide Zatti postnovitiate chapel wi...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1195 file
    Read More
  9. 4660(II)_Fruits of humble charismatic Sumba presence

The Valdocco of Indonesia By Fr. Adie Prinanto, SDB Sumba, Indonesia, 6 March 2018 -- Thirty three years after the first Salesian presence in Indonesia (Jakarta) the large tree of Indonesia Salesian presence is growing in seven presences in...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryINA Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  10. 4660(I)_Salesian Youth: The Commitment to Our Family

By Ms Phyllis Tang Hong Kong, 3 March 2018 -- Salesian Youth Day 2018 was held on 3 March in Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School. Almost 500 young people, with Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of S...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2761 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 533 Next
/ 533