?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 2761 Comment 0

201803006_CIN.jpg

By Ms Phyllis Tang

Hong Kong, 3 March 2018 -- Salesian Youth Day 2018 was held on 3 March in Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School. Almost 500 young people, with Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of Salesian Cooperators, gathered to celebrate this important annual event for the Salesian Youth Movement in Hong Kong.

The theme was taken from the Strenna 2017 of Rector Major: “We are family”, and the First Letter of John: “let us love not in word or speech but in deed and truth” (1Jn: 3,18). The SYD event was divided into 4 parts: warm-up and group building, game booths, drama and prayer. Through the experience of different activities, participants are encouraged to enhance their communication with family members.

Fr. Andrew Fung, the Vice Provincial of the China Province, gave the opening remarks. A family cannot be reduced to an external structure, a mere “house”, but it required every member to contribute their part in constructing relationship. In doing so, everyone is engaged in building a family of his own.

To foster the idea of a family, throughout the day, participants were divided into small groups called “family”. Each member of the “family” was asked to pick up a family role and contribute their part accordingly. After a series of warm-up and team building games, the “families” joined a carnival, in which they participated in different game booths that imposed challenges to their simulated family life. Through the drama, three concrete actions were proposed:

1. actively extend concern to family members;
  2. communicate attentively with them (for instance, without being distracted by pop-up messages in cell phones);
  3. communicate directly with them (literally, face-to-face, without any media like the cell phones).

In the prayer sessione, the young participants reflected upon their experience of the day, and pledged to live out the mentioned actions. The Salesian Bishop-emeritus of Hong Kong, Cardinal Zen suggested the life of the Servant of God Fr. Carlo Braga as an example of Christian love. He was born to a difficult family; however, he learnt to love from the model of God’s love – that is, the love expressed in Jesus. He dedicated himself to bring this divine love to the young. The Cardinal encouraged the young people present not to be disheartened by the difficulties of the family, but instead, they may place their faith in God and to imitate Jesus.

At the end, Fr. Antonio Leung, the Delegate of youth ministry, concluded the day asking the participants to pray daily for their family. And he hoped that they would begin to building up their family, and their effort would eventually bring forward changes to society. Every participants received two gifts as memorial: a cloth bag, which was specially designed for the occasion, and a candle with a logo of their “family” group printed on it. Metaphorically, they were invited to bring light to their family. And for the special guests, they received a thermo cup that would change surface colour with hot drinks symbolizing the warmth in a family.

201803006_CIN1.jpg

20180306_CIN2.jpg

20180306_CIN3.jpg

20180306_CIN4.jpg

20180306_CIN5.jpg

20180306_CIN6.jpg

20180306_CIN7.jpg

20180306_CIN8.jpg

20180306_CIN9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4665(II)_My Vocation Story, helped by Google Search

Vocation story of Indonesia prenovice (2) By Stefanus Belido Maing Sumba, Indonesia, 10 March 2018 -- My name is Stefanus Belido Maing, just call me Stef. I am a 18 year old pre-novice here in Don Bosco Sumba. Actually I was born in Larantu...
    Date2018.03.11 CategoryINA Reply2 Views1391 file
    Read More
  2. 4665(I)_United together with Love - Celebration in the North East of Thailand

60th Anniversary Don Bosco School Udonthani By Fr. Thomas Smith, SDB Udon Thani, Thailand, 10 March 2018 -- Don Bosco Vittaya School in Udon Thani, Thailand has been continuing to instill knowledge in the individual, adhering to the educati...
    Date2018.03.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views772 file
    Read More
  3. 4664_Go into the World and Whisper the Gospel!

Open to the young and lay mission partners: EAO Provincial meeting - Day 5 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- The last day of the annual EAO meeting of the provincials was dedicated to the Salesian Missions and conc...
    Date2018.03.10 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1118 file
    Read More
  4. 4663(II)_Joy in the service to the young

Interview with Brother Adriano de Jesus By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- What makes you happy as Salesian brother? I am so happy to be part of the Salesian as I live my unique Salesian brother vocations. Through m...
    Date2018.03.09 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views720 file
    Read More
  5. 4663(I)_Do you believe in the Salesian Family?

EAO Provincial meeting - Day 4 EAO Provincials learn from the Salesian Family By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 9 March 2018 -- The fourth day of the EAO provincial meeting 2018 started with many joyful moments. The participants f...
    Date2018.03.09 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views881 file
    Read More
  6. 4662_Deep insight into the history, culture and nation building of Timor Leste

EAO provincials 2018 - Day 3, Dedicated to the exploration of Timor By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 8 March 2018 -- Every year the EAO provincials come together in a different province. Every year our group of 11 provincials and...
    Date2018.03.08 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views743 file
    Read More
  7. 4661_How do we transform the Salesian culture of our province?

EAO Provincials meeting 2018 - Day 2 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 7 March 2018 -- At the start of the day the EAO regional councilor introduced the method of the 2018 EAO meeting that focus on accompaniment of different proce...
    Date2018.03.07 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1110 file
    Read More
  8. 4660(III)_"How are you Father Provincial?"

EAO Provincial meeting 2018 - Day 1 By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 6 March 2018 -- The first full day of the EAO 2018 Provincial and Delegates meetings started in the Dili – Comoro Blessed Artemide Zatti postnovitiate chapel wi...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1195 file
    Read More
  9. 4660(II)_Fruits of humble charismatic Sumba presence

The Valdocco of Indonesia By Fr. Adie Prinanto, SDB Sumba, Indonesia, 6 March 2018 -- Thirty three years after the first Salesian presence in Indonesia (Jakarta) the large tree of Indonesia Salesian presence is growing in seven presences in...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryINA Reply0 Views899 file
    Read More
  10. 4660(I)_Salesian Youth: The Commitment to Our Family

By Ms Phyllis Tang Hong Kong, 3 March 2018 -- Salesian Youth Day 2018 was held on 3 March in Daughters of Mary Help of Christians Siu Ming Catholic Secondary School. Almost 500 young people, with Salesians, Salesian sisters and members of S...
    Date2018.03.06 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2761 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 533 Next
/ 533