Jakarta Salesian Cooperators are relaunching their Center
Jakarta, Indonesia, 18 February 2018 -- Two weeks after the animation visit of the Rector major the only Salesian Cooperators Center in Indonesia (Jakarta - Sunter) gathered at Wisma Don Bosco community meeting room for the special encounter with the EAO Regional Councilor Fr Klement. Since the start of the Jakarta Center 33 members made their promise in two 'generations' (2007 and 2014) and yesterday 22 of them came together with their Delegate, Fr. Lino Belo, SDB. The Center Local Council with the Coordinator Mr. Jimmy and other 6 councilors were inspired and energized by the Rector Major during his recent visit.
A simple animation input was an echo of the EAO Regional Congress 2017 in Tokyo, since no member was able to participate in that event. The Salesian Cooperators watched to the Rector Major's message to the EAO Cooperators Congress, were explained the main fruits of the Congress 'With the Young, For the Young with the heart of Don Bosco' (rejuvenating the Association and Formation). The incoming ASC World Congress (October 25-28,2018) is calling all members to strengthen their sense of belonging with a CO-RESPONSIBILITY for the life of the Association.
In a lively dialogue emerged main concerns and possible action how to relaunch this Center with more than 10 years long history:
- Urgent need to finalize the Bahasa Indonesia translation of the PAL (Project of Apostolic Life, ed. 2013)
- Maximize and possibly translate some of the recent animation materials of the ASC like the 'Commentary to the PAL' (ed. 2015)
- Be more connected to the world wide Association through their World Councilor for the EAO and the Timor Leste ASC province
- Contribute and assist the formation of more SDB as Delegates to the Salesian Cooperators.
- Clarify through appropriate formation what is the Mission of the Salesian Cooperator (PAL, art. 8)
The article 38 of the SDB General Regulations was offers a light: "Every SDB community should feel it its duty to increase and support the Association of Salesian Co- operators for the good of the Church. It should help in the formation of its members, promote and spread knowledge of this particular vocation, especially among our more committed young people and among our lay collaborators (lay mission partners)." That means all the Salesians of Indonesia Delegation need to be formed as potential Delegates to the Salesian Cooperators and help to start other centers in Surabaya, Blitar, Sumba and Purwodadi as well.
All participants concluded the meeting with the prayer to Mary Help of Christians, with a special intention for China Catholic Church, since many of the members are still celebrating the Lunar New Year!