Voices of the young members of Salesian Family
Turin, Italy, 20 January 2018 -- Pope Francis asked the whole Catholic community to listen to the young. At the heart of this year 2018 is not only the Bishops Synod about 'Young, Faith and Vocation Discernment' but also the Strenna for the Salesian Family about the 'Art of Listening and Accompaniment'. Also the SF Spirituality Days dedicated an important time to listen to 10 young SF members - SDB, FMA, Salesian Cooperators, ADMA, Contemplative Fraternity of Nazareth and Past Pupils.
In the presence of the Rector Major and the large Assembly, after watching the video interview with the voices of other young people from many continents. The moderators, Fr. Cleofas Murgia (Mexico, member of the Formation sector, RMG) asked the ten young adults three questions and at the end gave them the chance to address the whole Salesian Family with any short message.
Here is the Salesian Family, be available for the youth!
- Don’t’ be exclusive, don’t’ just choose some youth! Give opportunity to every young person!
- Please, gaze at the young and show that you have nothing more important than the youth!
- Let’s be the windows of God that everybody can see God through your life!
- Let’s choose the accompaniment as Salesian Family mission!
- While you accompany the young people, don’t forget the SDB practical trainees in our communities!
- Don’t’ be tired, we need you always!
- Let’s aim in high, also with the abbandoned youth at risk / in need!
There were many valuable talks, sharing, group workshop and other events during the 3rd day of the SF Spirituality Days 2018, but the voice of the young speaks loudly to the world wide Salesian Family!