PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
World
2018.01.19 10:04

4615(IV)_Our DNA is the Family Spirit

Views 334 Comment 0

20180119_WOR.jpg

Valdocco hosts the 36th Salesian Family Spirituality Days (Jan 18-21,2018)

By Our Own Correspondent

Turin, Italy, 18 January 2018 -- In the afteroon of 18th January gathered at Valdocco (Turin-Piedmont, Italy) in the Salesian Mother House not less than 380 participants of the 36th edition of the Salesian Family Spirituality Days. The annual 4 days world level event presided by the Rector Major Fr. Angel F. Artime and participated by lay and religious members of 22 groups of the Salesian Family (among the 31 officialy recogized groups).

After many years of SF Spirituality Days in Rome - Via della Pisana (Salesianum), this time thanks to generosity of many Turin Salesian Family member volunteers this event is stretched in five different facilities (SDB, FMA and Hotels), meals are offered in three different venues in Valdocco and the main venue of the event is in the Theater Hall of Valdocco and the Eucharist in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians.

A traditional trade mark of the SF Spirituality Days is the Family Spirit expressed in many ways, in greeting, listening, sharing, mutual interest and attention - in spite of many different languages (simultaneous translation is offered only in Italian, Spanish, English and Portoghese).

The first day (4:30 PM - 10 PM) of the event was dedicated to know each other and to the simple presentation of the Strenna 2018: 'Let's cultivate the art of Listening and Accompaniment' - 'Sir, give the this water (John 4,15). After the Strenna 2018 Video presentation the Rector Major himself offered through a simple powepoint presentation the main content and expectation. Again in the family environment followed few questions and answers in the Assembly.

This year there are only two groups of the EAO participnts - two SIHM Sisters from Thailand and eight Caritas Sisters of Jesus (members of the general council and from Korea and Japan).

The first day was concluded by the Good Night Talk of the Successor of Don Bosco: 'Our DNA is the Family Spirit'. Fr. Angel shared about his incoming visit to Timor Leste (70th country visited during his 6 years term). In very personal way he stressed that every time coming back to Rome after visit to specific country is deeply grateful to God for witnessing so many beautiful things done by the Salesian Family.

"Let’s imagine just for one minute the world or the Catholic Church without the Salesian Family (with all 500.000+ members). Imagine, the world would miss so much good! I tell this that we are often too much demanding and try to do our best. Yes we need to be more courageous, generous, but I invite you to this outlook - view of faith. Yes, we need be more coraugeours, be more generous… but we need to give thanks to God for so much wonderful reality!

Like Mother Teresa, we should say 'Even if I would do good only to one beggar, my life is full of meaning'. I invite you to keep a outlook of joy, of hope... Where we don’t’ reach, God is reaching there, we are only the mediation. Our service of evangelization is necessary, the world does need us. In our world with 80% of bad news we are called to spread the good news of God through our humble service. .. I would like to be just like the USB (pen drive) to be put in any PC and we would see how much emotions and beauty did see my eyes and heard my ears in these 70 countries visited. Let’s continue this family encounter. Good night!"

From January 19, 9:00 AM (Italian time, GMT+1) is possible to follow the Salesian Family Spirituality Days in live streaming on the ANS FB pages (https://www.facebook.com/agenziaans).

Resources:

Related articles:

20180119_WOR1.jpg

20180119_WOR2.jpg

20180119_WOR3.jpg

20180119_WOR4.jpg

20180119_WOR5.jpg

20180119_WOR6.jpg

20180119_WOR7.jpg

20180119_WOR8.jpg

20180119_WOR9.jpg

Maximum Attachments : 0Byte/ 5.00MB
Maximum File Size : 5.00MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

1. 4794(III)_How can we implement art. 45 of SDB Constitutions?

Sharing the Wisdom about Salesian Brother Vocation: Deep reflection from Rome - Brother Jess Garcia (PGS) By Bro. Jesus (Jess) Garcia, SDB Economer of St Joseph Community Sacro Cuore (Rome-Italy) RMG, 21 July 2018 -- ...
    Date2018.07.22 CategoryRMG Reply1 Views173 newfile
    Read More
  2. 4794(II)_Being Communicative Salesians

SDB assembly on Social Communications and Finance By Fr. Drans Nolasco, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 21 July 2018 -- The Salesians of the Philippines North Province gathered at the JOY CENTER of Don Bosco Technical I...
    Date2018.07.22 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views105 newfile
    Read More
  3. 4794(I)_Road Map for China province 2024 - Accompaniment

Five days in the house of the Rector Major By Our Own Correspondent CIN, 20 July 2018 -- According the already established policy on close accompaniment of all Provincial Superiors, also Fr Joseph NG, new provincial of Ch...
    Date2018.07.22 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views185 newfile
    Read More
  4. 4793(I)_Lord, we will surely deliver the water to our neighbors

Korea ASC held the Annual Conference By Mr. Thomas Aquinas Lee, ASC DaeJeon, Korea, 15 July 2018 -- Korea ASC held the Annual Conference in three big cities. July 1 in Seoul, July 8 in Gwangju, and July 15 in DaeJe...
    Date2018.07.21 CategoryASC Reply0 Views153 file
    Read More
  5. 4793(II)_Short but worthwhile

SMV Experience in Cambodia By Zenaida Ann Miranda Cebu, the Philippines, 20 July 2018 -- We are sharing the experiences and learning of our young volunteers Marga, Karen and Christine who went for a one-month volunteering...
    Date2018.07.21 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views182 file
    Read More
  6. 4792(VI)_Cagliero Project Immersion to Samoa

By Ms. Lauren Hichaaba Alafua, Samoa, 19 July 2018 -- A group of young Australians representing the Cagliero Project and the Salesians of Don Bosco in Australia have just returned from a very successful immersion in Samoa. The AUL...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views380 file
    Read More
  7. 4792(IV)_Path towards the 2019 EAO Salesian History Seminar

Salesian Family of EAO Region prepares for the 2019 History Seminar By Fr. Nestor Impelido, SDB EAO - ACCSSA SDB Coordinator EAO, 19 July 2018 -- Last month (June 22-24, 2018) was succesfully organized the Third South...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views86 file
    Read More
  8. 4792(V)_First Meeting of the Mission Animation Team AUL

By Ms. Lauren Hichaaba Melbourne, Australia, 18 July 2018 -- Lauren Hichaaba, the Provincial Delegate for Mission Animation for the AUL Province, is now being supported by a highly competent team. The inaugural meeting for the AUL...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views97 file
    Read More
  9. 4792(III)_What makes you happy or joyful as Salesian Brother?

Interview with Bro. Tony M. Caspellan, SDB By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 18 July 2018 -- For Salesian Brothers’ Congress What makes you happy or joyful as Salesian Brother? The transformat...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views167 file
    Read More
  10. 4792(II)_Openned the summer sports festival 2018

Don Bosco Ben Cat, Viet Nam By Trung Hoan, SDB Ben Cat, Vietnam, 16 July 2018 -- As annual tradition, when summer comes the atmosphere of Salesian house becomes more interesting and cheerful. It is very joyful and happy b...
    Date2018.07.20 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views31 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 211 Next
/ 211