?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print
20180119_PGS.jpg

By Young Pomahun

Port Moresby, PNG, 16 January 2018 -- Young Pomahun is a student of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, Port Moresby. He has completed Year 10, and decided that he needs to spend the two months of his holidays working. He shares his experience:

While many students are spending the school holidays relaxing at home with their families and travelling places, I was given the opportunity to work as a casual employee at Theodist Limited, a stationery company here in Port Moresby.

This was my first job experience and although it was interesting, it was also challenging that on my second day of work, I felt like giving up. However, I remembered my principal’s morning talks from Don Bosco, where he said: “We Bosconians are unique and different from others because we work hard and carryout our duties courageously to the end.”

I would have easily given up this opportunity to work had it not been for this inspirational message that kept popping up in my head. It made me realize my future goals and dreams and I felt motivated and strong-minded to continue my work till the end of my allotted duration. I was enthusiastic about putting into practice the knowledge and skills together with the values I had learnt from school.

I realise that I have been given a second chance to improve in life both academically and spiritually, and Don Bosco is the place to be. The two years I spent at Don Bosco, helped me to become a better person and I am grateful to the teachers and the educators who dedicated their time and effort into moulding each and every one of us to be happy, to study hard, be good, to pray for others and most importantly to become good Christians and honest citizens of this beautiful country PNG.

I have experienced how it feels to be part of a respectable company that gave me the best working experience of my life. The one most important thing I’ve learnt is that, you cannot be a successful person in life if there is no self-discipline in everything you do. Thus, to become a successful person in life, you need to work hard, be punctual, honest, willing to do any task, smile under all difficulties, etc. Only then will you progress step-by-step in order to reach the top of the ladder. Goals achieved and dreams realized is the result of hard work.

Let’s keep in mind the words of Don Bosco: Bread, work and eventually heaven.

20180119_PGS1.jpg