Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1252 Comment 1

20171229_GIA.jpg

Strenna 2018 Poster - Japanese version

By SC Team

Tokyo, Japan, 29 December 2017 -- "We created this poster with a hope that whoever looks at it (students or adults) would be encouraged to “approach with courage and accompany those who are wounded. In the process were involved many person, also all SDB rectors in their November meeting.

• Jesus, who is the supreme model of life and the inexhaustible “living water”, is surrounded by the Samaritan woman and the characters of the manga (comics) book “Coraggio!!”

• Following 2016 and 2017, also for the poster of 2018, the illustration was done by Suzuki Guri, manga author of the “Coraggio!!”.

• The poster was planned and produced by the Salesian Social Communication team (staff at Don Bosco Sha) and designed by Nakamura Takaya.

Characters in the illustration: caption

20171229_GIA1.jpg

• Jesus is tired and thirsty from the journey(1), the Samaritan woman who came to fetch water, avoiding to meet fellow villagers(2) - they meet at the well. Jesus speaks to the woman and listens to her sorrow and suffering. In the illustration, Jesus is saying, “Whoever drinks the water that I give will never thirst” and the Samaritan woman is asking Jesus, “Sir, give me this water”.

• The composition of the 2 main characters, Jesus and the Samaritan woman, is based on the famous work by the French artist Pierre Mignard, “Jesus and the Woman of Samaria” (AD 1681).

• Don Bosco(3) and a boy from the oratory (Bartolomeo Garelli)(4) are seen behind the well. As the boy is looking into the well, Don Bosco, closely accompanying him, encourages him to look at Jesus.

• On the right side of the well is a modern day couple who look rather sad. They are an multi-cultural couple, the husband(5) is Japanese and the wife(6) is from a South Asian country, they have difficulties and disappointments in life. Mamma Margaret (7) is by their side, showing them Jesus.

• At the foot of the couple is a young and crying girl (8). Mana(9), a high-school student, is smiling and bending down, trying to comfort the little girl.

• On the left side of the well is a Latin American youth sitting on the ground, looking depressed(10). Riku(11), another high-school student, is encouraging the boy, inviting him to approach Jesus.

• Behind Riku also Domenico Savio(12) is gazing lovingly at Jesus. The Blessed Mother Mary(13) is gently supporting and watching over Domenico. Grigio(14) is by Mary’s side, also looking at Jesus.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • Ambrose 2017.12.29 21:23

A wonderful exercise of involving the Rectors and so many other to share in their thoughts and bring it out in a poster.  Well done!

1. 4596(II)_Let’s cultivate the art of listening and of accompaniment!

Special year of listening - 2018 By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 1 January 2018 -- Meanwhile we celebrate the year 2018 (Anno Domini – AD), the Buddhist Calendar writes year 2562, the Islamic Calendar year 1439, the Chinese calendar 4715, t...
    Date2018.01.01 CategoryEAO Reply2 Views1046 file
    Read More
  2. 4596(I)_A new Salesian Parish- erected in Land of the Blue Sky

A great gift for the Salesians for the New Year 2018 By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 31 December 2017 -- In the outskirts of Ulaanbaatar the capital city of Mongolia in Shovoo village, a new Salesian parish under the ...
    Date2018.01.01 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views1540 file
    Read More
  3. 4595(II)_Go into the whole world

Destinations for the new FMA missionaries 2017 By FMA Mission Ambito FMA -- On December 28, 2017, the Mother General of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, Mother Yvonne Reungoat, announced to the community of the Generalate and to th...
    Date2017.12.31 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views824 file
    Read More
  4. 4595(I)_Missionary life as the grace and will of God

Project Europe: multicultural community of Amsterdam By Cl. Cirilo de Deus, SDB Timorese missionary in Amsterdam, BEN provinc Amsterdam, Netherland, 31 December 2017 -- I wish from afar but deep down in my heart a Blessed Christmas and happ...
    Date2017.12.31 Reply0 Views1195 file
    Read More
  5. 4594_ What are you most grateful for? (EAO)

We give thanks and remember 2017 By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 30 December 2017 -- The end of December it's that time of the year when we reflect on the past 12 months and brace for the New Year and a new beginning. We begin to make resolut...
    Date2017.12.30 CategoryEAO Reply1 Views1053 file
    Read More
  6. 4593(III)_Fr. Peter Zago, former provincial of Cebu passed away

By Our Own Correspondent Turin, Italy, 28 December -- Fr. Peter Zago, SDB (former provincial of FIS - Cebu province, 1992-1998) passed suddenly (heart attack) away in Perosa Argentina (Torino - Italy) yesterday night (December 28) in the ho...
    Date2017.12.29 Reply4 Views2047 file
    Read More
  7. 4593(II)_Convener of Salesian Priest Day

Salesian Priest Gathering in China province By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Hong Kong, 28 December, 2017 -- Reflecting on the successful experience of the “Salesian Brother Day” in the past years, the members of the Ongoing Formation Meeting sugg...
    Date2017.12.29 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1094 file
    Read More
  8. 4593_Encouragement to approach Jesus

Strenna 2018 Poster - Japanese version By SC Team Tokyo, Japan, 29 December 2017 -- "We created this poster with a hope that whoever looks at it (students or adults) would be encouraged to “approach with courage and accompany those who are ...
    Date2017.12.29 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1252 file
    Read More
  9. 4592(V)_Celebrating Christmas and sharing the future of Timor Leste

Christmas encounter in Evora community - Portugal By Cl. Salvador Mau Huno Jose, SDB Student of theology, ITM Evora, Portugal, 27 December 2017 -- Our community of Evora (Portugal) was happy to celebrate the second day of the Christmas seas...
    Date2017.12.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1157 file
    Read More
  10. 4592(IV)_"Before I formed you in the womb, I chose you to be mine"

Interview with Br. Amilcar Da Silva, SDB, a student at Don Bosco University, Guwahati - India By Fr. Amilcar Da Silva ITM Vice-province Guwahati, India, 27 December 2017 -- What makes you joyful to this form of Salesian vocation? At the out...
    Date2017.12.27 CategoryTLS Reply0 Views690 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 532 Next
/ 532