?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1556 Comment 1

20171214_FIN.jpg

By Fr. Andre Belo, SDB

Kuching, Malaysia, 14 December 2017 -- "We are in the time of Advent, preparing for the Lord Jesus who is coming to us. We wait for Him as He waits and hopes for each one of us personally to come to Him. It is the time when God comes to us, on earth, as a human person and chooses to live a simple and humble life among us. God shares his love with us all as we should share our love with Him and among ourselves. The four weeks of advent prepare us to welcome the arrival of Jesus who became man and showed us the true love: share our life with the others.

In this view, as everywhere, the people of God prepare themselves for the coming of Christmas, Jesus Christ, God-Man, God with us. Among others, the spiritual preparation takes an important and irreplaceable event in our life, as followers of Christ, as Church. During this time of advent, people of God look for the opportunity and time the Church offers for this their spiritual preparation: Confessions.

Last 3rd of December, I was asked by the Parish Priest of Kuching Cathedral to sit for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Indeed, many people of God come to prepare themselves spiritually for this coming of God.

And in Bau, St. Stephen Parish, at about 30 km from Kuching, I see many people take advantage of the presences of priests to go for confession. I transferred here, since 6th December. We are now 5 priests in this Parish. Almost every evening we go to the villages for the Sacrament of Confession. Even 3 or 4 priests sit there; sometimes it takes 2 hours to serve all the people that come for confession. Thanks be to God, I can say the Mass in Bidayuh, local language, even though the homily I preach in Bahasa Malay. I am learning Bidayuh, and hopefully soon I can preach in Bidayuh.

In general, I can say that the people of God are enthusiasm to wait for the coming of God, Christmas. They prepare themselves spiritually too in order to welcome Him, the giver of Love, the Lover. They clean and decorate their houses, chapels and churches but also they clean and decorate their hearts for the coming of God. May in this season of Advent, we truly prepare ourselves for the birth of Jesus, the coming of our Savior."

During the 148th Salesian missionary expedition were sent 3 Salesians (one Salesian Brother and two Priests) as the founding community of our new presence in Kuching - Malaysia. Before starting any specific Salesian mission (Project of St. Joseph Technical College and Vocation Training Center) Fr. Ramon Borja and Fr. Andre Belo are now studying the language (Bahasa Malay and the main local dialect (Bidayuh) spoken by majority of local ethnic minority Catholics. Br. Manuel is still in Spain to prepare for his perpetual profession next year. Your prayers for this most recent Salesian mission are requested!

Related articles:

20171214_FIN1.jpg

20171214_FIN2.jpg

20171214_FIN3.jpg

20171214_FIN4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • vaclav 2017.12.15 16:54

Dear Fr. RAMON,

dear Fr. ANDRÉ,

dear Bro. MANUEL,

Cordial greetings from Sacro Cuore!

Fantastic your good missionary news from Malaysia.

Please, continue regularly "making noise". 

The Congregation needs to know about vibrant Malaysia!

In Madrid I had an unforgettable Spanish supper face-to-face with Manuel. 

I came back to Rome... heavier...!

We keep you very much in our prayers and daily concern. 

You saw that Malaysia appeared very clear in the last Missionary Appeal of Rector Major.

Therefore... prepare the field!

I hope to visit you in 2018.

Let's see what Don Bosco provides...

Grazie mille!

fr Guillermo

1. 4584(III)_Starting from the rooms of Don Bosco

EAO Student confreres of UPS visited the Sacred Heart!: First EAO encounter at Sacro Cuore By Fr. Dominic Savio Seong, SDB Sacro Cuore, Rome, 15 December 2017 -- The traditional semestral encounter of the EAO confreres - students in Rome to...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1552 file
    Read More
  2. 4584(II)_Revival of Don Bosco's Oratory

A new book on the experience of Don Bosco in the Valdocco Oratory By Our Own Correspondent UPS, 14 December 2017 -- For all English reading Salesians it's a great gift. Fr. Michal Vojtas is a Salesian Priest from Slovakia, during past 10 ye...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1027 file
    Read More
  3. 4584(I)_Quinquenium Seminar on Psycho-Spiritual

By Fr. Julio Motta, SDB Comoro, Indonesia, 14 December 2017 -- A group of fourteen Salesians composed of 2 lay brothers perpetually professed and 12 priests underwent an on-going formation the so-called quinquenium. The main theme of this f...
    Date2017.12.16 CategoryINA Reply1 Views1130 file
    Read More
  4. 4583_First Advent experience in Kuching - Malaysia

By Fr. Andre Belo, SDB Kuching, Malaysia, 14 December 2017 -- "We are in the time of Advent, preparing for the Lord Jesus who is coming to us. We wait for Him as He waits and hopes for each one of us personally to come to Him. It is the tim...
    Date2017.12.15 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1556 file
    Read More
  5. 4582_The Namuncurá Experience

By Asp. Palep Begiglen Port Moresby, PNG, 10 December 2017 -- We had several sessions that prepared us for our Salesian Missionary Experience which is a new formation program for first year College aspirants of our of PGS Vice-Province. Dur...
    Date2017.12.14 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1147 file
    Read More
  6. 4581(II)_Strong appeal to the Salesian apostolic generosity

Missionary Call of the Rector Major 2017 By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 8 December 2017 -- Three months after the 148th Salesian missionary expedition with 20 new missionaries, the 10th sucessor of Don Bosco does renew his missionary appeal ...
    Date2017.12.13 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1885 file
    Read More
  7. 4581(I)_Be the Salt of the Earth in Macau

Youth serving the Youth - GEX of Macau (Young Alumni of Don Bosco) By Our Own Correspondent Macau, China, 13 December 2017 -- With an established tradition of helping our Salesian school students to taste the volunteering from their school ...
    Date2017.12.13 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views840 file
    Read More
  8. 4580_Good chance to deepen our relationship with Mary Our Help

How can we celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Valdocco Basilica of Mary Help of Christians? By Our Own Correspondent Turin, Italy, 12 December 2017 -- Next 9th June 2018 the whole Salesian Family will remember the 150th anniversary of o...
    Date2017.12.12 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views989 file
    Read More
  9. 4579(II)_First Thanksgiving Mass at Maria Auxilium parish, Darkhan

By Ms. Bolor-Uyanga Darkhan, Mongolia, 10 December 2017 -- Fr. Anton Werun, SDB, from Indonesia ordained two months ago at Ulaanbaatar, offered his first thanksgiving mass at Maria Auxilium Parish, Darkhan, the first Salesian parish of Mong...
    Date2017.12.11 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views645 file
    Read More
  10. 4579(I)_Ninth Salesian Games with 3000 participants

By Bro. Saraphan Kaeser Abraham, SDB Bangkok, Thailand, 9 December 2017 -- Salesians of Thai Province gathered together to celebrate the opening ceremony of the 9th Salesian Games at Hua Hin Vithayalai school. The ceremony was presided by F...
    Date2017.12.11 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views966 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 533 Next
/ 533