Missionary Call of the Rector Major 2017
RMG, 8 December 2017 -- Three months after the 148th Salesian missionary expedition with 20 new missionaries, the 10th sucessor of Don Bosco does renew his missionary appeal to all 90 Salesian provinces worldwide. This time the key word is 'GENEROSITY'.
As last year, Fr. Angel Artime reminds the Salesians three strong motivations for this missionary appeal:
- Need to increase the number of new missionaries who are sent all over the world every September: 'I'm very confident, that we can count on an ever greater number to bring the Gospel and the education of the young to many more people and many more places'
- Increase the worldwide Salesian fraternal solidarity among the provinces: '... Our fraternity and feeling that we are all Salesians of Don Bosco in the one Congregation throughout the world and not only for my country or my province'
- Points to some specific areas of major need: 'There are still the young people and adolescents are eagerly waiting for us - the poorest, the abandoned and most at risk: The missions of Amazonia, of the Andes of Latin America, refugee camps as in Uganda, Eastern Europe is also open to our presence, Malaysia and Gambia...
His appeal ends: "For all this, my dear Confreres, I strongly urge you to generosity. The generosity of the confreres who feel this explicit (missionary) call from the Lord. The generosity of the provinces, of rectors and especially of provincials so as not to bury any missionary request of the confreres, especially of the young Salesians who have great ideals.... I have no doubt that the Lord will bless our generosity."
We entrust this missionary appeal of the Rector Major (translated in the major langauges of the EAO region) to Mary Help of Christians and your prayers with a special intention for all who are involved in the discernment process of the new missionaries in the coming year of 2018 - with the 149th Salesian missionary expedition.
- Australasia 4234 (II) Missionary appeal
- Full text of the RM's Mission Appeal letter in five languages: