?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171123_Pac.jpg

Sharing of missionary - practical trainee in Samoa

By Cl. Peter Nguyen Duc Minh, SDB

Savaii Island, Samoa, 23 November 2017 -- "Greetings from Don Bosco Salelologa, Savai - Samoa! This year I just work in the school. I teach computer studies for junior classes. I am very happy about it, since I have good chance to work directly with the youth. I love them and they also love me, I can feel it. The students are very close, friendly and enthusiastic also about helping some chores in the school. We are having the final exam and will finish this year school in two weeks. Please, pray for us especially for the students this time. Next year, I will continue here for the second year of my practical training. Yes, confreres are supporting me by giving time for my acculturation and language progress. So I have not too many classes this year. The life in an apostolic community is sometimes a challenge since we do not have much time for meals and prayers together.

There are about 300 students from year 9 to year 13 and three Technical classes (year 1-3). I like this school’s system very much. We have both Academic and Technical classes. It is hard for students here if they are not good enough at English, they struggle with their studies because most of the subjects are held in English. The Technical classes for students who cannot follow the academic classes in English. These classes help them to continue their studies in the school. We have five sectors of the technical program: Plumbing, Carpentry, Welding, Mechanics and Tourism – Hospitality. When they graduate, they can get job or continue to study in university.

We have 34 lay mission partners (teachers and staff) and 4 Salesians (3 fathers and 1 brother) with 2 lay missionary volunteers (one from Australia and one from New Zealand).

In Samoa especially here in Savaii Island, students and teachers are very close. Students respect teachers very much and teachers also take care students carefully. You know here we have many camps for students a year as camp for sport competition, camp for exams. Normally each camp is in one week. We are having a long camp in three weeks for year 12 and 13 for final exam. Teachers cook for them, teach them at night and assist them the whole time. I think Salesian Spirit is inside them. They are good cooperators. I have many lessons from them. I admire them very much.

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4561(IV)_Pope Francis, welcome to Myanmar

Interview with the MYM Viceprovincial, Fr. Bosco Zeya Aung (Nyi Nyi) By Our Own Correspondent Anisakan, Myanmar, 23 November 2017 -- On his third apostolic visit to Asia, Pope Francis will reach Myanmar on November 27 for his 4 day long sta...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views833 file
    Read More
  2. 4561(III)_Continue the Don Bosco's mission for the poor and abbandoned youth

Provincial Assembly of the Salesian Cooperators Cebu (FIS) 2017 By Mr. Gilbert Legaspi, ASC Cebe, the Filippines, 23 November 2017 -- The FIS Provincial Assembly was held on October 28, 2017, Mary Help of Christians School in Minglanilla, C...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryASC Reply0 Views609 file
    Read More
  3. 4561(II)_"I'm very happy to be daily present among the youth"

Sharing of missionary - practical trainee in Samoa By Cl. Peter Nguyen Duc Minh, SDB Savaii Island, Samoa, 23 November 2017 -- "Greetings from Don Bosco Salelologa, Savai - Samoa! This year I just work in the school. I teach computer studie...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryPac. Reply0 Views909 file
    Read More
  4. 4561(I)_"I'm most happy when offer all my gifts to the young people"

Interview with Br. Takeshita Naokatsu (GIA) By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 23 November 2017 -- From April 2016, Br. Takeshita is an associate editor of the monthly provincial newsletter 'Bonta' and dedicates himself to this work wit...
    Date2017.11.24 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1305 file
    Read More
  5. 4560(III)_Formation of Pre-Novice Directors from EAO and South Asia Region

By Bro. Raymond Callo, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 22 Novmber 2017 -- Participants for the formation of Pre-Novice directors from EAO and South Asia Region started arriving last 17 November. There are 23 participants from 10 EAO provinces an...
    Date2017.11.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views873 file
    Read More
  6. 4560(II)_Graduation in Spiritual Direction

By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 20 November 2017 -- Fr Joseph Doan Hai Dang and Fr Joseph Nguyen Kim Khanh graduated from the Siloam Course for Spiritual Directors from the Heart of Life Spirituality Centre in Melbourne on M...
    Date2017.11.23 Reply0 Views895 file
    Read More
  7. 4560(I)_Animation visit of Formation Councilor, Sr. Nieves Reboso in Vietnam

By Sr. Maria Nguyen Thi Quyen, FMA HCM City, Vietnam, 18 November 2017 -- From November 2-18, 2017 Sr. Maria Nieves Reboso was present amongst in the 'Mary Help of Christians' FMA province of Vietnam. During the first period (November 2-7),...
    Date2017.11.23 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views718 file
    Read More
  8. 4559_“Awaking the dawn”

Meeting of 30 Local Social Communication Coordinators By Sr. Ngoc Yen, FMA K’long, Vietnam, 17 November 2017 -- On the last November 15 and 16, there was a meeting of 30 social communication (SC) coordinators of the local Salesian communiti...
    Date2017.11.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views703 file
    Read More
  9. 4558_World day of the poor- observed in Maria Auxilium Parish, Darkhan

By Mrs. Bolor-Uyanga Darkhan, Mongolia, 19 November 2017 -- A special program was held in Don Bosco Darkhan to observe the world day of the poor. It began with Holy mass at 10.00 in morning at Maria Auxilium parish. Fr. Joseph Manh Dat Nguy...
    Date2017.11.20 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views3446 file
    Read More
  10. 4557(II)_"Now we feel!"

Fruits of Myanmar Animation Tsunami By Our Own Correspondent Anisakan, Myanmar, 19 November 2017 -- After 50 long years of painful isolation from the worldwide Salesian community of the Congregation, within past twelve month the Mary Help o...
    Date2017.11.19 CategoryMYM Reply0 Views728 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 533 Next
/ 533