VIE

4551(II)_We want to make the Salesian Brother vocation more visible in the Church

by ceteratolle posted Nov 14, 2017
?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20171113_VIE.jpg

Celebrating the Feast of Blessed Artemide Zatti - Salesian Brother

By Our Own Correspondent

Dalat City, Vietnam, 13 November2017 -- As in every formation community around the world the Zatti Day (November 13) is a good occasion for celebrating. Among the 7 formators and 39 postnovices (3 year course) are present 11 Salesian Brothers.

Br. Anthony Loc (3rd year postnovice) shares the festive mood: "Today is the feast day of Blessed Zatti. I wish you all the grace of God through the intercession of Blessed Artemide Zatti. Our community celebrated the morning Eucharist in the Quasi-parish chapel with the animating responsibility of 11 Salesian brothers and all of our Community, to encourage and promote the Salesian Brother vocation to all the local Catholic community, especially to the youth. We will also have during the sports time. And in the evening we have the honour to host in our community for dinner the 40 participants of the EAO meeting of Youth Ministry and Social Communication delegates from K'Long. Indeed a great gift to all of us!"

In the afternoon the 11 Salesian Brothers of Don Rua Postnovitiate community hold a special encounter with the EAO regional councilor about the preparation of the 2018 EAO Salesian Brothers Congress.

Main themes of the dialogue focused on the most relevant help during their vocation discernment before and during the novitiate and the need to make the Salesian Brother more visible in the Catholic community and help it understand in their families.

At the end of the meeting each Brother received 7 questions for a personal interview. The youngest among the 64 Salesian Brothers in Vietnam, Br. Francis Xavier Lam (25 years, first year postnovice) shares his profile: "I love the Salesian Brother vocation! I find the meaning in the service to the youth. As Brother I can serve better especially those youth who are are poor from rural areas, like my family. And I follow the example of Br. Zatti. My story is simple, one priest who was not allowed to enter one highland mission area made me reflect: If there were present a Lay Brother, he would be more accepted. I love Brother Zatti for his simplicity and spirit of service. In order to make understand our vocation in the Church I will do the best to share with the young and with our Aspirants during the discernment period. I would like to offer a good example in any activity. I would like to do small things but in extraordinary good way.

Blessed Artemide Zatti, pray for us!

20171113_VIE1.jpg

20171113_VIE2.jpg

20171113_VIE3.jpg