Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20171016_ASC.jpg

Korea 11th Provincial Leadership team sharing

By Mr. Ivo Choi, ASC
ASC Provincial Coordinator KOR

Seoul, Korea, 13 October 2017 -- Last Saturday, October 13, was a special time for our newly established Provincial council (2017-2020). We met with the SDB Extraordinary visitor, Fr. Klement in the ASC Provincial office at Shin Gil Dong, Seoul. During one hour long encounter we exchanged our joys and concern about the growth of the Salesian Cooperators in Korea.

Among our renewed Council members are only two 'old timers' and the newly elected councilors are full of energy and zeal to contribute to the animation and governance of the large province - 750 members and aspirants - in Korea.

How to rejuvenate our ASC membership?

We have started to try with children of the Salesian cooperator families. They are mixed with the SYM, or VIDES. One model 'Salesis' Center is growing up in Seoul. But we are asking how can the Cooperators be more directly involved in the Salesian Youth Movement or VIDES activities. Then we try also to take part in the Mobile Oratory (FMA, VIDES participation) animators. In this way the young adults would naturaly become family members, when one brings in his girl friend. We recognize there is not yet any specific apostolate of the Salesian Cooperators for the young adults. One of the possible opportunities would be the work with the University students, who have no connection to the Salesian Family.

How to imporove our communication?

We recognize strong need of a new ASC provincial website need. Present (old) website http://www.cooperator.co.kr does not fit the new smartphone - SNS digital environment. We need to be more present in the Internet, but who will make it? Recently we start to publish monthly digital newsletter inspired by the Cagliero11 (two pages edition) apart of the semestral edition of the Provincial newsletter magazine (34 pages A4). At present we are looking for a new webmaster and some ASC volunteers in this digital communication field.

What is the joy and happiness of ASC provincial councilors?

After becoming a member of the provincial council:

• I feel more love and concern about our Salesian cooperators concern, identity growth through this

• After my previous experience of our local center I realized in the provincial field: wider vision and horizon and more concern how can we connect with others or help the connection among the centers.

• Before in my local center I was just like a Sunday Catholic. Now I'm learning the responsibility for different programs. As provincial council member I would like to contribute and have more responsibility for our vocation growth.

• Now i'm learning more about the Salesian spirituality (retreats, formation) being involved in the formation of other members (Formation school).

• Now i'm involved in step by step preparation of many process on the provincial level. And the final product becomes a great treasure, fruit of our Association. This journey make me happy, joyful and is a source of my satisfaction. And also with sharing and communicating Don Bosco to many other people my desire is growing!

• After joining the provincial council I'm observing open heart and cooperation of many brothers and sisters.

• At the local level i was concerned about personal vocation life and identity. Now serving at the Province level i'm concerned about how the same Salesians could live together with more solidarity, growing in cooperation and growth together. I'm asking myself: How can we build the large provincial community with the Salesian spirituality? And also 'How to live our spirituality of Joy in our daily life?'

• Now I feel ‘strength’ of this provincial office crowded with 11 council members and it brings a deeper feeling of satisfaction. [ASC provincial office is located on the 3rd floor of the SDB Provincial house]

Some challenge of Korea ASC provincial growth?

The visitor appreciated systematic growth and animation work of the provincial council over the past 20 years. EAO regional councilor observed some challenges encountered in the local Center visit during past two months: Local organization of majority of the Centers is done in smaller units (Team), care about the 'resting', 'living far from the home center' or senior members and discernment about the apostolic activity fitting for senior members.

At present the KOR province of Salesian Cooperators is composed of 25 (+3) local centers. Some of them are again organized in smaller 'teams', each with one SDB or FMA delegates. Among the 600+ promised members are about 150 long term 'non active members' and 50 short term non active members. The Aspirants (3 year course period, sustained also by the 'Formation school' organized at province level) are about 150.

20171016_ASC1.jpg

20171016_ASC2.jpg

20171016_ASC3.jpg

20171016_ASC4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4525_"She did everything"

One Vietnamese missionary ordained deacon in Venezuela By Our Own Correspondent Caracas, Venezuela, 7 October 2017 -- Three Salesians of Don Bosco - Cl Jose Rafael Guarique, Cl. Victor Mendoza, and Cl. Joseph Phan Ahn Tuan, a Vietnamese mis...
    Date2017.10.20 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views852 file
    Read More
  2. 4524_Two PGS Salesians celebrate Silver Jubilee of Priesthood

By Ms. Arlene Abital Boroko, PNG, 12 October 2017 -- A Thanksgiving Mass was held on October 12th at Mary Help of Christians Shrine, Boroko, Don Bosco Technological Institute’s compound to celebrate the 25 years of priesthood of two Salesia...
    Date2017.10.19 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views526 file
    Read More
  3. 4523_ "My dear Confreres, we are living in times of hope not complaints!"

Video message of the Rector Major from Valdocco By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 15 October 2017 -- "My dear friends, these are times for hope, not complaints." With this positive outlook on the present and the future, Fr Ángel Fernández Artim...
    Date2017.10.18 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views860 file
    Read More
  4. 4522_ Wake up the world and enlighten the future - Salesian Vocation and Mission within the Project of Pope Francis

Rector Major emeritus preaching the spiritual retreat for the Salesian family of Japan By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Provincial GIA Tokyo, Japan, 15 October 2017 -- For the first time after the GC27 the Rector Major emeritus Fr. Pascual Chav...
    Date2017.10.17 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views1716 file
    Read More
  5. 4521(III)_ Specific formation of Salesian Brother 2017

Salesian Brother Formation - worldwide meeting 2017 By Bro. Adriano de Jesus, SDB Genzano, Italy, 15 October 2017 -- Last weekend (October 12-15) was held in Genzano (Central Italy, near to Rome) Salesian Retreat House and Novitiate a speci...
    Date2017.10.16 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views944 file
    Read More
  6. 4521(II)_ DB Alumni Federation growing: Focus on Communication and Youth

Federation of Japan - moving on with the Young Past Pupils By Mr. Okawa Chihiro, EXDB Tokyo, Japan, 14 October 2017 -- The Federation of Don Bosco Alumni, chaired by President Mr. Hiroshi Yoshida in the presence of SDB Provincial Fr. Mario ...
    Date2017.10.16 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views1718 file
    Read More
  7. 4521(I)_The Joy of Serving the large provincial community

Korea 11th Provincial Leadership team sharing By Mr. Ivo Choi, ASC ASC Provincial Coordinator KOR Seoul, Korea, 13 October 2017 -- Last Saturday, October 13, was a special time for our newly established Provincial council (2017-2020). We me...
    Date2017.10.16 CategoryASC Reply0 Views535 file
    Read More
  8. 4520(III)_ Precious Church periphery in Yakutia looking forward

How can help the EAO region our Northern mission in Siberia? By Our Own Correspondent Yakutia, Russian Federation, 15 October 2017 -- In past two years the remotest Salesian mission in the world (Yakutsk - Aldan) make few significant steps ...
    Date2017.10.15 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1154 file
    Read More
  9. 4520(II)_ New Principal of St Margaret Mary School Brunswick

Ms Fiona, new Principal By Fr Anthony Nguyen, SDB Melbourne, Australia, 12 October 2017 -- Fr Anthony Nguyen SDB, Parish Priest of St Margaret Mary’s celebrates the welcoming mass and the installation of Ms Fiona Dearn as a new principal fo...
    Date2017.10.15 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views874 file
    Read More
  10. 4520(I)_ “We Are Family!”

Basketball League for School Students – Autumn 2017 By Tien Huy, SDB Ben Cat, VietNam, 7 October 2017 -- Continuing the atmosphere of Moon Festival (Autumn Festival, or Children Festival), Youth Center in Ben Cat Salesian community opened b...
    Date2017.10.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views661 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 532 Next
/ 532