PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

Korea 11th Provincial Leadership team sharing

By Mr. Ivo Choi, ASC
ASC Provincial Coordinator KOR

Seoul, Korea, 13 October 2017 -- Last Saturday, October 13, was a special time for our newly established Provincial council (2017-2020). We met with the SDB Extraordinary visitor, Fr. Klement in the ASC Provincial office at Shin Gil Dong, Seoul. During one hour long encounter we exchanged our joys and concern about the growth of the Salesian Cooperators in Korea.

Among our renewed Council members are only two 'old timers' and the newly elected councilors are full of energy and zeal to contribute to the animation and governance of the large province - 750 members and aspirants - in Korea.

How to rejuvenate our ASC membership?

We have started to try with children of the Salesian cooperator families. They are mixed with the SYM, or VIDES. One model 'Salesis' Center is growing up in Seoul. But we are asking how can the Cooperators be more directly involved in the Salesian Youth Movement or VIDES activities. Then we try also to take part in the Mobile Oratory (FMA, VIDES participation) animators. In this way the young adults would naturaly become family members, when one brings in his girl friend. We recognize there is not yet any specific apostolate of the Salesian Cooperators for the young adults. One of the possible opportunities would be the work with the University students, who have no connection to the Salesian Family.

How to imporove our communication?

We recognize strong need of a new ASC provincial website need. Present (old) website does not fit the new smartphone - SNS digital environment. We need to be more present in the Internet, but who will make it? Recently we start to publish monthly digital newsletter inspired by the Cagliero11 (two pages edition) apart of the semestral edition of the Provincial newsletter magazine (34 pages A4). At present we are looking for a new webmaster and some ASC volunteers in this digital communication field.

What is the joy and happiness of ASC provincial councilors?

After becoming a member of the provincial council:

• I feel more love and concern about our Salesian cooperators concern, identity growth through this

• After my previous experience of our local center I realized in the provincial field: wider vision and horizon and more concern how can we connect with others or help the connection among the centers.

• Before in my local center I was just like a Sunday Catholic. Now I'm learning the responsibility for different programs. As provincial council member I would like to contribute and have more responsibility for our vocation growth.

• Now i'm learning more about the Salesian spirituality (retreats, formation) being involved in the formation of other members (Formation school).

• Now i'm involved in step by step preparation of many process on the provincial level. And the final product becomes a great treasure, fruit of our Association. This journey make me happy, joyful and is a source of my satisfaction. And also with sharing and communicating Don Bosco to many other people my desire is growing!

• After joining the provincial council I'm observing open heart and cooperation of many brothers and sisters.

• At the local level i was concerned about personal vocation life and identity. Now serving at the Province level i'm concerned about how the same Salesians could live together with more solidarity, growing in cooperation and growth together. I'm asking myself: How can we build the large provincial community with the Salesian spirituality? And also 'How to live our spirituality of Joy in our daily life?'

• Now I feel ‘strength’ of this provincial office crowded with 11 council members and it brings a deeper feeling of satisfaction. [ASC provincial office is located on the 3rd floor of the SDB Provincial house]

Some challenge of Korea ASC provincial growth?

The visitor appreciated systematic growth and animation work of the provincial council over the past 20 years. EAO regional councilor observed some challenges encountered in the local Center visit during past two months: Local organization of majority of the Centers is done in smaller units (Team), care about the 'resting', 'living far from the home center' or senior members and discernment about the apostolic activity fitting for senior members.

At present the KOR province of Salesian Cooperators is composed of 25 (+3) local centers. Some of them are again organized in smaller 'teams', each with one SDB or FMA delegates. Among the 600+ promised members are about 150 long term 'non active members' and 50 short term non active members. The Aspirants (3 year course period, sustained also by the 'Formation school' organized at province level) are about 150.

Maximum Attachments : 0Byte/ 5.00MB
Maximum File Size : 5.00MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

1. 4672(II)_Renewed commitment of VDB and their Assistants in Asia

VDB Second Asia Formation Encounter By Fr. Raphael Lee, SDB K'Long, Vietnam, 18 March 2018 -- Three years after the first Asia formation encounter for the VDB Assistants in Tagaytay (Philippines, 2015 November) the Wo...
    Date2018.03.18 Reply0 Views82 newfile
    Read More
  2. 4672(I)_Sharing friendship between the postnovices of Japan and Korea

Visit of Japan young Salesians to Korea By Fr. Bosco Park, SDB Gwangju, Korea, 13 March 2018 -- During the historical visit of young Salesian confreres of Japan to Korea, seven confreres in initial formation accompani...
    Date2018.03.18 Reply1 Views224 newfile
    Read More
  3. 4671_How do experience the Salesian Life?

A special Aspirantate - Don Bosco Centec, Dili By Fr. Yohannes Laba, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 16 March 2018 -- Our community was open 15 years ago and has already prepared thousands of young people for life with profess...
    Date2018.03.17 Reply0 Views58 file
    Read More
  4. 4670_Effective assistance to Vietnamese migrants in Japan

First national assembly on Vietnamese migrant ministry in Japan By Fr. Mario Yamanouchi, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 15 March 2018 -- At present time there are about 200.000 Vietnamese migrants resident in Japan, good number of...
    Date2018.03.16 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views254 file
    Read More
  5. 4669(II)_Close accompaniment in action

Blessed Artemide Zatti Postnovitiate Dili By Fr. Inocencio Dimantino da Silva, SDB Dili, Timor Leste, 14 March 2018 -- The largest SDB community in Timor Leste, the postnovitiate of Blessed Philip Rinaldi with 39 Sale...
    Date2018.03.15 CategoryITM Reply0 Views282 file
    Read More
  6. 4669(I)_Together toward 2018 EAO Brothers Congress

Mini Congress of Brother Salesians in Vietnam By Fr. Joseph Phuoc, SDB Vung Tau, Vietnam, 9 March 2018 -- The Brother Salesians of Vietnam held a mini-Congress at the Cistercian Retreat Center on March 8-9, 2018. Most...
    Date2018.03.15 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views296 file
    Read More
  7. 4668(II)_Journey with Mary and all the Saints

Fr. Cameroni again in the Philippines By ADMA FIN Manila, the Philippines, 11 March 2018 -- The members of the Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) of North Philippines and their newly elected National Delega...
    Date2018.03.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views108 file
    Read More
  8. 4668(I)_Course on the Preventive System of Saint John Bosco

By SC Team of Dalat Dalat, Vietnam, 11 March 2018 -- Don Bosco Da Lat has organized a course on the Preventive System of St. John Bosco for members of the Salesian Family in the locality. The organizers aim at equipping partic...
    Date2018.03.14 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views126 file
    Read More
  9. 4667_Gathering of the Youngsters with the theme “Youth, Faith and vocational discernment”

By Fr. Peter Van Chinh, SDB Xuan Hiep, Vietnam, 11 March 2018 -- Towards the 15th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops in the coming October 2018, a conference with the theme: “Youth, faith and vocational discernm...
    Date2018.03.13 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views89 updatefile
    Read More
  10. 4666_A fantastic journey with Don Bosco

GEX (Giovani Exallievi) Timor with an etnhusiatic leadership By Our Own Correspondent Dili, Timor Leste, 11 March 2018 -- Interview with Mr. Americo Valentim, National Coordinator of GEX Timor-Leste. Mr. Americo is 26...
    Date2018.03.12 CategoryITM Reply0 Views262 file
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 183 Next
/ 183