Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 687 Comment 0

20171001_PGS.jpg

Anthony Wale's vocation story

By Anthony Wale

Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 September -- My name is Anthony Wale, from Solomon Islands. My first spark of interest of joining the Salesians of Don Bosco was way back in 2003. I was doing my first year Philosophy at the Holy Name of Mary Seminary in Honiara, Solomon Islands. The first Salesian Priest I came to know during that time was Fr. Ambrose Pereira, sdb because he was so active in facilitating media seminars for schools and institutions in the country. I really admired the work Salesiains of Don Bosco were doing for our unfortunate young people during this time all along.

I managed to complete my Philosophy and Theology as a Diocesan candidate in 2011, however, I was not able to proceed on with my vocation with the Diocesans.

The year after I had finished my seminary studies I went back to my home Parish and helped out in the parish youth pastoral programmes drawn up by Fr. Jeffery Puritau. The following year I was back in town Honiara – the Capital City of Solomon Islands - and was able to have a part time job with the Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development of Solomon Islands. (Curriculum review for Junior Secondary schools of the country)

During my 2 years with the MEHRD, my interest of joining the Salesians came to life again, so I started to follow up some leads and was able to make an appointment to meet with Fr. John Cabrido, sdb who was during that time the Spiritual Moderator at Don Bosco Technical Institute Henderson, Solomon Islands.

My meeting with Fr. John was my first encounter and experience of Don Bosco’s LOVING KINDNESS toward the young.

I was given a chance to come and see by Fr. Dominic Kachira, sdb. So I stayed with the EPC of Henderson for a month and thus wrote my letter of interest to joining the pre-aspirant program as a Salesian candidate. I stayed for the whole year at the Salesian community of Henderson, Honiara.

Seeing the young people doing nothing after leaving school, or not going to school at all is very painful for me; thus I believe that joining the Salesians would be a right place for me to do something greater for the glory of God through the Charism of St. John Bosco.

If it is God’s WILL for us to do something greater for his glory, He will provide us with the WAY to do exactly that. I believe that, this is what God is doing for me right now. I’m still praying for His grace to strengthen me and the Holy Spirit to guide me during this time of discernment of my vocation so that more and more I will come closer to Christ our Lord by renouncing my own personal desires and embrace God’s will for me.

20171001_PGS1.jpg

20171001_PGS2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4511(I)_Water Woe in Araimiri

Water tanks donated by the Salesian Missions, New Rochelle, USA By Fr. Shoji Mathew, SDB Araimiri, PNG, 30 September 2017 -- Don Bosco Araimiri Secondary School is located in a very remote area, thus is unable to receive most of the basic s...
    Date2017.10.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views724 file
    Read More
  2. 4510(II)_'Educating to fraternal humanism'

Building a civilization of love, 50 years after Populorum progressio: guidelines for Catholic educational institutions from the Holy See By Our Own Correspondent Vatican -- On September 25th, the Vatican Congregation for Catholic Education ...
    Date2017.10.01 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1144 file
    Read More
  3. 4510(I)_If there is a will, there is a way…

Anthony Wale's vocation story By Anthony Wale Honiara, Solomon Islands, 30 September -- My name is Anthony Wale, from Solomon Islands. My first spark of interest of joining the Salesians of Don Bosco was way back in 2003. I was doing my fir...
    Date2017.10.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views687 file
    Read More
  4. 4509_3000 Young people accompanied over past 50 years

Golden Jubilee Year of Don Bosco Youth Center - Seoul By Fr. Benedict Kim, SDB Seoul, Korea, 30 September 2017 -- On March 3, 1967 were enrolled free of charge the first 19 trainees to Don Bosco Youth Center, newly established (boarding) Vo...
    Date2017.09.30 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views925 file
    Read More
  5. 4508_Testimony on the holiness of Fr. Carlo Braga

Fr. John Baptist Zen from CIN By Fr. Ding Cortez, SDB Pampanga, the Philippines, 27 September 2017 -- We thank Fr. John Baptist Zen, SDB (86 years, based in Taiwan - Tainan community, former provincial of China) for visiting our Don Bosco A...
    Date2017.09.29 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1217 file
    Read More
  6. 4507_Outreaching Salesian parish in Seoul

The only Salesian parish in Korea: Guro 3 Dong Parish! By Bro. Bosco Park Kyengseok, SDB Seoul, Korea, 28 September 2017 -- Catholic Church in Korea is grateful to God for the steadfast growth in past 50 years. Among the 53 millions of Sout...
    Date2017.09.28 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views928 file
    Read More
  7. 4506_"Great model for accompaniment of vocations - future blessed Fr. Titus Zeman"

Rector Major sent a special letter to all members of the Salesian Family By Our Own Correspondent Rome, 25 September 2017 -- In next few days the Rector Major will celebrate the 90th anniversary of Salesian presence in Czech Republic. After...
    Date2017.09.26 CategoryRMG Reply0 Views1652 file
    Read More
  8. 4505(II)_A new Salesian priest for the Land of Chingiz Khaan

Indonesian missionary ordained priest in Mongolia By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 23 September 2017 -- His Excellency Wenceslao Padilla, the bishop of Mongolia ordained Antonius Werun SDB a priest in Sts. Peter &...
    Date2017.09.25 CategoryMong. Reply1 Views593 file
    Read More
  9. 4505(I)_Salesian Youth Converge!

Salesian Youth Animators’ & Leaders’ Assembly (SYALA 2017) gathered By Jessa Mariel Dela Peña Makati City, the Philippines, 24 September 2017 -- This years’ Salesian Youth Animators’ & Leaders’ Assembly (SYALA 2017) gathered 300 lea...
    Date2017.09.25 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views944 file
    Read More
  10. 4504(II)_We can't forget the missionary roots of our Charism!

148th Salesian Missionary Expedition - Valdocco By Cl. Anthony Lo Po Tak, SDB Missionary from CIN to GBR Turin, Italy, 24 September 2017 -- On Sunday, September 24, after 24 days of immediate preparation (new missionary course) there is the...
    Date2017.09.24 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1333 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 537 Next
/ 537