austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1182 Comment 0

20170623_EAO.jpg

SMD 2017 Focus on America: from the EAO perspective (I)

By Fr. Natalino Venancio Freitas de Jesus, SDB
East Timorese Missionary in Argentina, ARS

EAO, 23 June 2017 -- The Salesian Mission Day (SMD) 2017 is focused on the Initial Proclamation among the ethnic minorities in America. It's a good chance to open our eyes to the longest missionary experience of our Congregation starting with Mons. Giovanni Cagliero in Patagonia. The EAO provinces are glad to see many (15+) of our young missionaries being present in the American continent, some of them even in the Cagliero's Dream Land - Patagonia and Pampa of Argentina.

Let's make this SMD 2017 a good opportunity to open the window to the missionary DNA of our Congregation: The basic animation materials of the SMD 2017 include the five videos available on the ANS video channel with a very attractive animation booklet (50 pages), poster and prayer. Among those who are sharing their missionary experience is also Fr. Natalino from Timor Leste:

The testimonies of the Salesian missionaries in East Timor were the roots of my missionary vocation. I thought a lot about missionary life; and after a period of discernment and dialogue with the Provincial, I expressed my desire to be a missionary in a letter sent to the Rector Major, and I was assigned to Argentina. In September 2008, I received the missionary cross in Turin and a month later came to Patagonia. I learned the language, culture and had my first experiences among the young people of the parish. It was a very beautiful experience of fraternity and apostolic life, especially with the natives of Patagonia Plateau Gangan, Trelew.

Now I am living and working in the West Pampa Region - Victorica (Argentina). On the one hand, during the week I’m working in the morning at the boarding house of Istituto San Juan Bosco, which has an enrollment of 640 students, at all levels (preschool, primary, secondary). Many of them are vulnerable due to the socio-economic reality and complex family realities that exist among the population. Then, in the afternoon I work in the day care center with vulnerable and defenseless boys and girls in Inaun Don Bosco. We provide tutoring, crafts, and an afternoon snack. These realities invite me to reflect once again on the youth situation, especially the situation of abandonment. I feel called to offer the tenderness and mercy of God the Father to those who live in situations of abandonment.

Moreover, in the mission of the West Pampeano I work together with the confreres and the Salesian Sisters, different realities, according the areas. The popular and rural settings are those that we give priority to in this missionary presence. On weekends, together with the SDBs and FMAs, we head to the west of the province to share moments of celebration, catechetical meetings, visits to rural areas, home visits, regular meetings with teenagers on Saturday night, Radio programs.

What I’m doing together with the SDB and FMA is to meet people in rural villages, home visits and sharing the Word of God in small communities. Working with indigenous peoples, especially the Mapuches, remains a fundamental option of our ARS Province. The Salesian confreres in Patagonia continue to work with the Mapuche. This missionary work in Patagonia is the proclamation of the Good News, denouncing that which offends the dignity of the Mapuche people and land, defense of the territory, proximity to the people, respect and appreciation of the culture and self-determination of peoples, seeking along with the communities’ possibilities and alternatives for a decent life. Patagonia and the area where I’m working are still mission territories. There are a lot of simple town life and young people who need support.

I am happy being a missionary in the land of the dreams of our father Don Bosco!

Related article:

Resources

20170623_EAO1.jpg

20170623_EAO2.jpg

20170623_EAO3.jpg

20170623_EAO4.jpg

20170623_EAO5.jpg

20170623_EAO6.jpg

20170623_EAO7.jpg

20170623_EAO8.jpg

20170623_EAO9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4416_Happy to be a Missionary in Don Bosco Dream-land

SMD 2017 Focus on America: from the EAO perspective (I) By Fr. Natalino Venancio Freitas de Jesus, SDB East Timorese Missionary in Argentina, ARS EAO, 23 June 2017 -- The Salesian Mission Day (SMD) 2017 is focused on the Initial Proclamatio...
    Date2017.06.24 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views1182 file
    Read More
  2. 4415_New Provincial of Australia - Pacific 2018-2023

Fr William Matthews By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 22 June 2017 -- After the consultation for the new AUL Provincial the Rector Major with the consent of his council appointed on 20th June 2017 as the 11th Provincial of Australia-Pacific Fr ...
    Date2017.06.22 CategoryAUL Reply8 Views4107 file
    Read More
  3. 4414(II)_“Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, for his mercy endures forever” (Ps 136:1)

Sharing of a ordinated to Deacon in Jerusalem 2017 By Dcn. Romero D’Souza, SDB Jerusalem, Israel, 21 June 2017 -- Last 11th June, there was a Diaconal Ordination in Basilica of Gethsemane of 17 religious students among them 13 were Salesian...
    Date2017.06.22 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1081 file
    Read More
  4. 4414(I)_Sr. Julia's vocation story

The First FMA from Pakistan By FMA, FIL province social communication Laguna, the Philippines, 21 June 2017 -- On May 23, Sr. Julia Karen Ashraf made her first profession in Mornese Center of Spirituality in Laguna, Philippines, in the hand...
    Date2017.06.22 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views7074 file
    Read More
  5. 4413_Model for the Vocation Training - Dong Thuan

132 new Bosconians enter the society with full energy By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Dong Thuan, Vietnam -- On June 10, the Dong Thuan Private Vocational Training Center (Director Fr. Thomas Vu Kim Long), was held the closing ceremony of the schoo...
    Date2017.06.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  6. 4412_Young Past Pupils of Don Bosco are moving forward

Communication and Leadership Formation: Way to the future By Mr. Alberto Piedade GEX Councilor Asia - Oceania Dili, Timor Leste, 17 June 2017 -- In May was established GEX Asia-Oceania Facebook Group and currently still in the progress of a...
    Date2017.06.19 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views1525 file
    Read More
  7. 4411_Let's speak the young people!

Preparation for the 2018 Synod of Bishops: Faith - Young - Vocational Discernment By Youth Ministry Sector Generalate, 17 June 2017 -- Fraternal greetings and prayerful wishes from the Youth Ministry Sector, Rome. Incoming Synod 2018, Youth...
    Date2017.06.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views5312 file
    Read More
  8. 4410(IV)_Vocation story: Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB

By Br. Bernard Alfred, SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 16 June 2017 -- Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB was born in the household of Sadiq Masih and Rehmat Bibi in the small village of Sargodha near Lahore. He received his basic education from a governme...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryFIS Reply2 Views1108 file
    Read More
  9. 4410(III)_PNG Power technicians undergo training at DBTI

By Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 16 June 2017 -- Seventeen PNG Power Ltd. technicians have utilized the Maintenance Fitting and Machining facilities at Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko from...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1218 file
    Read More
  10. 4410(II)_The Memorable day of graduation ceremony 2017

By Fr. JB Phat, SDB Bảo Lộc, Vietnam, 10 June 2017 -- At the early morning of June 10, 2017, the atmosphere was a festive day to all Salesians, teachers and students, especially the graduators. It began with the Eucharist at the Salesian ch...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1001 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 532 Next
/ 532