Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

ESCClose

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print

20170616_MYM.jpg

By Fr. Charles Saw, SDB
Superior of the Myanmar Vice-province MYM

Anisakan, Myanmar, 11 June 2017 -- I'm writing this important letter on the Solemnity of the Holy Trinity to all Salesian Confreres, the Salesian Family members and all who knew Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, SDB (1920-2000).

After much prayer and discernment made by all the Confreres and the Salesian Family, the Provincial Council has unanimously decided to start the Canonization process for Fr. Fortunato Giacomin, who died in the odour of Sanctity in 2000.

The inspiration and the animation flame began with the Extraordinary Visitation (August 2016).... His Eminence Card. Charles Bo and his novice companion Fr. Edward Sein Myint shared the same opinion: they lived with him from their young days till his death. They saw the man-of-God in him. There are many other archbishops, bishops, Salesians priests, religioius and lay people who have known and lived with him and admired his sanctity during his life time. They have a lot to say about this holy man of God. With all these voices coming to us, we cannot but start the Cause of Canonization for Fr. Fortunato Giacomin...

With the unanimous consent of my Council, I have appointed Fr. Joachim Ye Maung as the 'in charge of the preliminary stage of the cause' for Fr. Fortunato Giacomin. He will write you and ask for your cooperation in this holy and delicate task regarding the virtue and holiness of Fr. Fortunato Giacomin.

May the 'Holy Trinity' who is the cause of holiness, inspire us and direct us to reveal to us the depth of the sanctity of Fr. Fortunato Giacomin.

Related article:

20170616_MYM1.jpg

20170616_MYM2.jpg

20170616_MYM3.jpg

20170616_MYM4.jpg