?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20170615_VIE.jpg

Interview with Mr. Thuc

Teacher of Mechanic in Phuoc Loc Vocation Training Center

How did you enroll in the VTC of Phuoc Loc?

I came from a Roman Catholic family of 7 people. My family lives at Duc Le parish in Dakmil, Daknong province. As members of Duc Le parish, my parent and siblings actively join all the activities organized by the parish priest. In 2006, after graduation of the secondary school, I was advised by our parish priest, Fr Isidoro Le Huong, SDB. He suggested me to visit Phuoc Loc Vocational Training Center. I went to Phuoc Loc and found this place so interesting! I loved this place so much and I decided to enroll in this technical school in April 2006, then graduated my studies in July 2008.

What are you most grateful for in the education received by Don Bosco?

Far away from home, I was accepted to be a boarding student in Phuoc Loc. We wre the first batch of boarders in VTC. That time the Rector and principal was Fr Joseph Nguyen Van Quang, present provincial SDB of Vietnam - Mongolia. There were two Salesians in charge of the boarding house, Br Gioakim Nguyen Huu Thuoc and Br Peter Nguyen Tan Toi, as well the large Salesian community. During my life in the boarding house I learned how to behave well and especially all the necessary virtues to become a deeply human person. Besides studying technical course in the school, the Salesians also taught us the way to live together, to play games,to do the chores and how to look for job after graduation. Living in this place, I felt it as my home and my second family. I discovered that only in the Salesian house I would find the family spirit so I talked to my family and they decided to send my two younger brothers to Phuoc Loc for study as well. Both of them had graduated and are now working very well.

How did you become a teacher in Vocation Training Center?

While I was taking mechanic course (intermediate level) I was advised by Br Gioakim: “If you want to improve your life, you must go up for your higher study!" - He was speaking about university level.

After graduation in Phuoc Loc, I worked in a small company introduced by Br Peter Toi. While I was working in this company, I often receive phone call from Br Gioakim who encouraged and pushed me for higher studies. From that time on, I tried to make a research for a fitting College. And at the end Ho Chi Minh City University of Technical Education was my target. I spent times for reviewing and passed the entrance exams in November 2009. After 4 years of studies I graduated as Mechanic Engineer in August 2014. Then I was warmly invited by Fr Joseph Quang to be a teacher in mechanic department of the VTC. I was touch by the saying of Br Gioakim Thuoc: What are you now it's because of the Salesians! So I decided to work as a teacher and become one of Technical School staff.

What is your contribution to the Salesian education work in PL? (Hostel, education, teaching)

At this present time, I am a mechanic department teacher and assistant in the mechanic workshop. After teaching in Phuoc Loc VTC for 3 months, I realized a strong need for a boarding, since only few find a place in the VTC boarding house. It was really an urgent need. Because our Training Center Boarding house can accept only a limited number of 150 students, from that moment on got an idea to open another (external) hostel for our Training Center students.

Thanks to the supporting from Fr Peter Dinh Cong Truong and Br Gioakim Thuoc from September 2015, we rentd a house and received first 15 students in the first batch. It had a good result. Then from September 2016 the number of hostel students increased to 58. For this coming year 2017-2018 we plan to have 65 hostel students, including five of them on 50% scholarship (lodging and food).

Every year you are meeting on Tet holiday some other DB Past Pupils. Who come back to their mother school? What dream do you have about the possible Don Bosco Alumni Association?

Every year our Past Pupils gather together during the Lunar New Year, but I did not see the importance of this gathering.

About the Don Bosco Past Pupils I have a dream: "As Past Pupils of our Training Center could we have a small organization or an office in Phuoc Loc? We could support the Salesians in the school organization and started our Association with their help. In my mind, the possible contribution of the Past Pupils could be:

• Guiding new students for enrollment.
  • Career guidance - jobs - for newly graduated students.
  • Updating fresh graduates, keep in touch with them and make a network of Phuoc Loc Past Pupils.
  • Taking care of student families through the liturgical celebrations - Mass and prayers
  • Encourage and guide Past Pupils to be generous in making a contribution for the VTC (one day wage/student per year) or for updating equipment of Phuoc Loc Training Center

Any other dream?

• I wish that the Salesians would be more enthusiastic to care about our Past Pupils, to visit their families.
  • I dream to have more hostels for VTC students to improve a good atmosphere for our students

20170615_VIE1.jpg

20170615_VIE2.jpg

20170615_VIE3.jpg

20170615_VIE4.jpg

20170615_VIE5.jpg

20170615_VIE6.jpg

20170615_VIE7.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4413_Model for the Vocation Training - Dong Thuan

132 new Bosconians enter the society with full energy By Br. Thien Phong, SDB Dong Thuan, Vietnam -- On June 10, the Dong Thuan Private Vocational Training Center (Director Fr. Thomas Vu Kim Long), was held the closing ceremony of the schoo...
    Date2017.06.21 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views871 file
    Read More
  2. 4412_Young Past Pupils of Don Bosco are moving forward

Communication and Leadership Formation: Way to the future By Mr. Alberto Piedade GEX Councilor Asia - Oceania Dili, Timor Leste, 17 June 2017 -- In May was established GEX Asia-Oceania Facebook Group and currently still in the progress of a...
    Date2017.06.19 CategoryEXDB Reply1 Views1527 file
    Read More
  3. 4411_Let's speak the young people!

Preparation for the 2018 Synod of Bishops: Faith - Young - Vocational Discernment By Youth Ministry Sector Generalate, 17 June 2017 -- Fraternal greetings and prayerful wishes from the Youth Ministry Sector, Rome. Incoming Synod 2018, Youth...
    Date2017.06.17 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views5349 file
    Read More
  4. 4410(IV)_Vocation story: Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB

By Br. Bernard Alfred, SDB Quetta, Pakistan, 16 June 2017 -- Fr. Samuel Adnan Ghouri, SDB was born in the household of Sadiq Masih and Rehmat Bibi in the small village of Sargodha near Lahore. He received his basic education from a governme...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryFIS Reply2 Views1111 file
    Read More
  5. 4410(III)_PNG Power technicians undergo training at DBTI

By Ms. Arlene Abital and Mr. Karl David Valmonte Port Moresby, PNG, 16 June 2017 -- Seventeen PNG Power Ltd. technicians have utilized the Maintenance Fitting and Machining facilities at Don Bosco Technological Institute (DBTI), Boroko from...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1218 file
    Read More
  6. 4410(II)_The Memorable day of graduation ceremony 2017

By Fr. JB Phat, SDB Bảo Lộc, Vietnam, 10 June 2017 -- At the early morning of June 10, 2017, the atmosphere was a festive day to all Salesians, teachers and students, especially the graduators. It began with the Eucharist at the Salesian ch...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1002 file
    Read More
  7. 4410(I)_Fr Fortunato Giacomin - preliminary stage of the process started

By Fr. Charles Saw, SDB Superior of the Myanmar Vice-province MYM Anisakan, Myanmar, 11 June 2017 -- I'm writing this important letter on the Solemnity of the Holy Trinity to all Salesian Confreres, the Salesian Family members and all who k...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryMYM Reply3 Views1225 file
    Read More
  8. 4409_Don Bosco Past Pupils - Best teachers in our training centers

Interview with Mr. Thuc By Mr. Phan Dinh Thuc Teacher of Mechanic in Phuoc Loc Vocation Training Center How did you enroll in the VTC of Phuoc Loc? I came from a Roman Catholic family of 7 people. My family lives at Duc Le parish in Dakmil,...
    Date2017.06.16 CategoryEXDB Reply0 Views938 file
    Read More
  9. 4408(II)_Salesian Mission Day 2018 - Focus on Asia and Vocation Training Centers

Initial proclamation of Jesus By Bro. Giampietro Pettenon, SDB Director, Missioni Don Bosco - Torino photo: Mr. Ester Negro Turin, Italy, 14 June 2017 -- During past few days our team of Missioni Don Bosco Torino (Italy) have visited three ...
    Date2017.06.14 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1127 file
    Read More
  10. 4408(I)_Celebrating Blessed Stephen Sandor

By Bro. Aliester D’Souza, SDB photos: Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Parañaque City, the Philippines, 8 June 2017 -- With pomposity, ceremony and solemnity, the Salesians at the center of studies in Parañaque celebrated the blessed martyr and Sales...
    Date2017.06.14 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views954 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 536 Next
/ 536