Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 602 Comment 0

20170523_WOR.jpg

By Fr. Guillermo Basañes, SDB
General Councilor for the Missions

UPS (Salesian Pontifical University), Rome, 23 May 2017 -- This is already the 21st edition of the ‘Missionary course’ started by Fr. Luciano Odorico in 1995, organized in collaboration of the Mission Sector of the Congregation and the UPS, Rome.

It is not only for “missionaries" but for all those who animate the missionary apostolate. It does mean that the missionary spirit is not given only to some special confreres but it brings life and involves the whole province. We believe that the renewal of our consecrated life and vocation enthusiasm in our provinces depends on the missionary spirit.

When?

September 17 – December 14, 2017

Where?

• Rome – Turin – Holy Land: in three different venues
  • Rome – 11 weeks of intellectual formation including also spiritual retreat (UPS)
  • Turin – 1 week of pilgrimage to the Holy Salesian places
  • Holy Land – 1 week of pilgrimage in the Holy places of Jesus Christ.

How?

Personal journey of Salesian growth, deepening of the Christian message and renewal of pastoral activity, with a variety of initiatives like - talks, lessons, moments of sharing, meetings with groups and associations, reflection, experiences of prayer, visits, trips and pilgrimages.

How?

Language – Italian. For those who need a preparatory Italian language course in Rome (June – August: 3 months time)) contact the organizers (Fr. Martin Lasarte)

What?

This year a special emphasis on Mission as communication, Mission for the young people (Synod of Bishops 2018).

Who – participants?

1. Salesians who have or will have responsibility for missionary animation in their provinces.
  2. Salesians with experience of mission ad gentes, and with a desire for ongoing formation.

Who – organizer?

• Fr. Martin Lasarte (mlasarte@sdb.org) – Mission Sector, Rome: will assist any query

Who – resource persons?

Professors of the UPS-Rome, from other international universities.

Why - Main aim – goals of the course?

1. Revitalize Salesian missionary zeal.
  2. Offer insights and updates related to the mission of the Church and of the Congregation,
  3. Encourage the sharing of experiences,
  4. Strengthen communication on missionary apostolate
  5. Acquire new elements to revitalize the missionary animation of the Province.

What is the course not for?

The course is not for: Travel, sightseeing, fundraising or visiting friends. Participants are asked to make an intellectual and spiritual commitment so they can return to their province with a vision, capacity and passion to revitalize the missionary apostolate with major competency.

How much?

The overall cost of the course (logistics, class, retreat etc) is sponsored by the Rector Major through Missions Sector (5.500 Euro) and provincial contribution for the Holy Land pilgrimage (1.100 Euro).

Warm recommendations by one EAO participant of 2016 (20th misssionary course)

By Br. Jomar Castillo, from FIN, now living in Manicoré, Amazônia (BMA - Brasile, Manaus province)

• "The course complemented the orientation for new missionaries. Moreover, it widened and deepened my understanding of mission, and is currently helping me cope with many of the challenges and demands in my first missionary experiences. The interaction with long-time or experienced missionaries has helped me deepen my motivation, learn from their experiences, and affirmed more the centrality of God in the mission."
  • #putGODfirst
  • How I wish I could have studied more Italian for this course and have learned more!
  • Full text of the information letter on the BOSCOLINK
  • UPS course 2016

20170523_WOR1.jpg

20170523_WOR2.jpg

20170523_WOR3.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4390(II)_Marian Choral Concert

By Fr. Randy A. Figuracion, SDB Cebu, the Philippines, 24 May 2017 -- A Choral Concert for a Cause dubbed “Memorare” was organized by the Salesian Music Ministry of the Southern Philippine Province in partnership with the Archdiocesan Shrin...
    Date2017.05.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1132 file
    Read More
  2. 4390(I)_First Religious Professions at Salesianum Sampran and Don Bosco Lawaan

Br. Andrew and Br. Ieth with their parents and Salesians in Sampran. By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Sampran, Thailand, 27 May 2017 -- This month of May the Saint Paul Salesian Province that includes Thailand, Cambodia and Laos, received the gift...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1139 file
    Read More
  3. 4389(IV)_Coraggio! - A long journey to become a Salesian Cooperator

Akira Taniguchi (left) with Mr. Chihiro Okawa, DB Past Pupil Shizuoka Salesio Cooperators are growing in vocation By Mr. Akira Taniguchi, ASC Shizuoka, Japan, 26 May 2017 -- Among the 27 newly promised Salesian Cooperators coming from 6 dif...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryASC Reply0 Views979 file
    Read More
  4. 4389(III)_Graduation ceremony in Don Bosco Non-formal School

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Darkhan, Mongolia, 24 May 2017 -- It was a great moment of joy for Don Bosco study center Darkhan as the school organized a graduation day. The students who had an intensive 50 days course on English languag...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views660 file
    Read More
  5. 4389(II)_DBTS honours Mary, the Mother and Protectress of our family

By Mr Narol Sapak and Fr. Angel Sanchez, SDB Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -- On the 24th of May 2017, the Educative Pastoral Community of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, gathered to celebrate the Feast of Mary Help of Christians at he...
    Date2017.05.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views1011 file
    Read More
  6. 4389(I)_Bishop Olivier presided Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians in Don Bosco Kep

By Fr. Albeiro Rodas, SDB Kep City, Cambodia, 23 May 2017 -- Bishop Olivier Schmitthaeusler, Apostolic Vicar of Phnom Penh, presided the celebrations of the Solemnity of Mary Help of Christians in the Salesian Community of Don Bosco Technic...
    Date2017.05.25 CategoryCamb. Reply0 Views980 file
    Read More
  7. 4388(II)_Surprise of Pope Francis - Laos Gets its first Cardinal

By Our Own Correspondent Vatican, 24 May 2017 -- Only six months after the beatification of the first Laotian Martyrs (December 2016) Pope Francis has named Bishop Louis-Marie Ling Mangkhanekhoun, Apostolic Vicar of Pakse, as the first ever...
    Date2017.05.24 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1121 file
    Read More
  8. 4388(I)_Celebrations at Mary Help of Christians Parish, Sabama

By Mrs. Violet Ikupu, ASC Port Moresby, PNG, 24 May 2017 -- The parish of Mary Help of Christians, Sabama had a nice celebration on 21st May, 2017. It was held in the community playing field of Pari, a mass centre of the parish. Nearly 700 ...
    Date2017.05.24 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views4942 file
    Read More
  9. 4387_"They have no more wine"

Celebrating the Solemnity of Our Mother By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 24 May 2017 -- When Don Philip Rinaldi (1856-1931) passed away the Salesian found on his desk under a small statue of Mary Help of Christians many small sheets of paper...
    Date2017.05.24 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views979 file
    Read More
  10. 4386_Ongoing formation course in missionary ministry 2017

By Fr. Guillermo Basañes, SDB General Councilor for the Missions UPS (Salesian Pontifical University), Rome, 23 May 2017 -- This is already the 21st edition of the ‘Missionary course’ started by Fr. Luciano Odorico in 1995, organized in col...
    Date2017.05.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views602 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... 533 Next
/ 533