?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1439 Comment 0

20170301_VIE.jpg

Time of grace for Vietnam Salesians: 
The Rector Major visits to Salesian Family in Vietnam (9)

By Our Own Correspondent

Thai Binh, Vietnam, 28 February 2017 -- The last full day of 2017 Animation visit in Vietnam (February 26) was a good opportunity for the Rector Major to wrap up the feelings and share some pointers to the future of Salesian Charism in this beautiful country. After a busy with 4000 Youth Day participants in Thai Binh, there was the third and last meeting with the Salesians of Vietnam in the chapel of the Pastoral Center.

Fr. Angel expressed his gratitude and admiration for his Salesian confrere - bishop: 'I was deeply touched and admire the Salesian heart of Bishop Peter De - with the open door Church compound welcoming everybody to the footbal field. I felt really at home... I appreciate this open Oratory as a model for every Salesian presence in Vietnam!'

In this way the Successor of Don Bosco met already 250 Vietnamese Salesians in one week. As a fruit of daily interaction and dialogue with many of them his final words on February 26 have a special taste of deeper insight, appreciating especially the whole carefully planned program of this week with a good quality - three Salesian confrere meetings, three Salesian Family and four Youth meeting and especially the three specific encounters with the confreres and formators: Prenovitiate and Novitiate; Postnovitiate and Theologate.

"Now i know your province better: We have a very dynamic province, working essentially with the poor youth, with simple not sophisticated presences. A province, thanks to God is young, growing with vocations. A province with more than 300 SDB, average age of 42 years, with two beautiful traits - a great value of 60+ Salesian Brother vocation and great missionary generosity with the whole Congregation!"

"Put all you energies into the mission for the poor youth of Vietnam, with a special concern to develop our presence in the Northern part of your country, strengthening our presences with more and committed confreres - a missionary outreach for the Salesians concentrated so far in the South!"

"Since the main works are parishes, we need to make all them truly Salesian parishes: missionary, open to the common people and the young, reaching out with education services also the non-Christian youth around us!"

"I'm enthusiastic with your mission and family spirit! Keep on animating your confreres with always new enthusiasm - it's contagious! Never be tired of animating with enthusiasm!"

"Take care about the fraternal life in your communities, take good care about the person of each Salesian! The danger of clericalism as often points Pope Francis also to the religious is one of the greatest dangers in the Catholic community today - take this temptation seriously!"

"We were born for the young, never forget that young people are at the center of our heart and of our life! Take seriously the two most frequent questions of the young in our meetings - about the education to the use of social media and about variety of issues blurred by the present society value confusion like: solid preparation for the marriage, how to face many consumerist society temptations or how to live more authentic Christian life".

Wonderful hospitality of Salesian Bishop and his seminarians was concluded in a family manner after a dinner and good night talk with a symbolic gift of two footballs! On February 27th the Rector Major left from Hanoi to the first Team Visit in South Asia, Chennai.

20170301_VIE1.jpg

20170301_VIE2.jpg

20170301_VIE3.jpg

20170301_VIE4.jpg

20170301_VIE5.jpg

20170301_VIE6.jpg

20170301_VIE7.jpg

20170301_VIE8.jpg

20170301_VIE9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4316_Rector Major welcomed in Thailand by Salesian Family

EAO Team Visit 2017 (1) By THA SC Team Hua Hin, Thailand, 6 March 2017 -- The Rector Major Fr. Angel F. Artime reached Thailand, Bangkok one day before the Team visit of the EAO region, being already present all other 7 General Councilors. ...
    Date2017.03.06 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views646 file
    Read More
  2. 4315(II)_Initial Proclamation Today

By Missions Sector RMG -- Last March 1 the Missions Sector has published the booklet 'Il Primo Annuncio Oggi' (Initial Proclamation Today) by Fr. Alfred Maravilla which is the fruit of the Study Days organised by the SDB and FMA Missions Se...
    Date2017.03.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1959 file
    Read More
  3. 4315(I)_Great Kick-off for Media Education Seminar

By Sheryll Extra-Isoaimo and Anastasia Wiau Hasola Port Moresby, PNG, 4 March 2017 -- The monthly Media Education Seminar officially kicked off on Saturday, the 4th March, 2017 at the Don Bosco Technical School at Gabutu, in the nation’s ca...
    Date2017.03.05 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views492 file
    Read More
  4. 4314(II)_What is the Team Visit?

East Asia - Oceania Region Team Visit 2017 - Hua Hin By Our Own Correspondent EAO, 5 March 2017 -- According the GC27 Deliberation n. 14 (2014) was confirmed the validity of the 'Team Visit' as an instrument of animation of the Congregation...
    Date2017.03.05 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views750 file
    Read More
  5. No Image

4314(I)_All these because on Don Bosco

VDB Centenary prayer (1917 - 2017) By Agnes P., VDB Rome, 5 March 2017 -- Dearest Sisters and Brothers in the Salesian Family, Again i'm happy to share the English translation of our Formation - Animation magazine Crescere (Grow!) avail...
    Date2017.03.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views724
    Read More
  6. 4313(III)_SMD 2017 - Praying for the Indigenous Peoples through your smartphone

By the Missions Sector RMG, 4 March 2017 -- Missionary activities flow out of and are supported by an encounter with God. Every member of the Educative-Pastoral Community can contribute to the missionary activities of the Congregation and o...
    Date2017.03.04 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views663 file
    Read More
  7. 4313(II)_Vietnam - Grow with the heart of Good Shepherd!

Growth in depth, authenticity and spirit of service! By Our Own Correspondent HCM City, Vietnam, 3 March 2017 -- Last but not the least: an overview of three encounters of the Successor of Don Bosco with the 130 candidates and young Salesia...
    Date2017.03.04 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1144 file
    Read More
  8. 4313(I)_Next World Congress ASC 2018, Oct. 25-28

Fruits of the 2017 World Council Meeting in Rome - Focus on Formation By Mr. Philip Yu, ASC World Councilor ASC for the EAO Region Pisana, 25 February 2017 -- After five days of 2017 ASC WORLD COUNCIL MEETING I am more than happy to share w...
    Date2017.03.04 CategoryASC Reply0 Views659 file
    Read More
  9. 4312_The Preventive System facing Post-Modern Thought and the Millennials

By Fr. Edgar Andrew Carbon, SDB Tainan, Taiwan, 2 March 2017 -- This week, the Salesian Technical School in Tainan, Taiwan started its 2nd part of its series of Salesianity formation. The 2nd module started with a presentation of the 2 chal...
    Date2017.03.03 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views971 file
    Read More
  10. 4311_Vietnam in the heart of the Rector Major

Time of grace for Vietnam Salesians: The Rector Major visits to Salesian Family in Vietnam (9) By Our Own Correspondent Thai Binh, Vietnam, 28 February 2017 -- The last full day of 2017 Animation visit in Vietnam (February 26) was a good op...
    Date2017.03.01 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views1439 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 533 Next
/ 533