PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
THA
2017.01.28 12:05

4269_ "I came to get the Road Map"

Views 1032 Comment 0

20170128_THA.jpg

An interview with THA new provincial: Starting with a deep sense of suppport and communion

By Our Own Correspondent

Generalate, 28 January 2017 -- Among the 13 newly appointed provincials during this winter plenary session of the general council was also Fr. John Bosco Thepharat Pitisant (THA province: Thailand, Cambodia and Laos). After 5 days in the House of the Rector Major before his return to Bangkok Fr. Thepharat share his experience. He was already provincial between 2005 and 2011. At present he is a Rector of the Hua Hin community. His installation as new provincial is schedule for 2nd February 2017.

How do you feel after appointment as new - old provincial?

I was really very much surprised when I got the phone call from the Rector Major. After a short period of prayer I said yes to the Successor of Don Bosco with serenity and trust in God’s guidance. I’m already 66 years (like Fr. Cereda) and never expected this new call. During past one month I'm slowly getting accustomed to this new mission.

How was your time in the house of the Rector Major?

I spent five days in the ‘Pisana’ sharing the daily life with the Rector Major and his councilors. I had a personal talk with Rector major - Fr. Ángel, Fr. Cereda and 5 councilors for the sectors (Formation, Youth Ministry, Social Communication, Missions, Economy). For the whole time I felt supported and accompanied. It was a very good time of listening and talking, very useful before starting again as a provincial. In the same time were present other 3 new provincials of Ireland, India Tiruchy and India Chennai.

What do you bring back home after this first meeting with the Rector Major?

I brought to the General House some typical Thai snacks and fruit but I’m leaving with a luggage full of heavy books, that I received during past few days from the General Councilors. Just before departure i got from the post office a new version of the Salesian Crucifix (Good Shepherd) for our rectors. Last Wednesday I met in the personal talk with the Rector Major and received the Road Map 2017-2023 for the animation and government in our province. It’s a simple, clear and challenging tool based on the result of the consultation conducted last November by the EAO regional councilor.

How do you feel at the beginning of your service of authority as new provincial?

I thought especially about the importance of our Lay Mission Partners and Salesian Family. Large numbers of Don Bosco Past Pupils in Thailand should be more explored and animated. Although very few among them are Catholic but they love Don Bosco very much and are a huge resource for our mission, especially for the poor young people. We need to help them open their vision to the worldwide Salesian community. By chance I met at Pisana one Vice-president of the Don Bosco Alumni World Confederation, young man from Spain, Angel. I would be happy if he comes to animate our Past Pupils.

Before my departure for Rome everybody was asking: 'Why do you go there? And I was telling to everybody - "To get my Road Map from the Rector Major". And now i got it. Among the twelve points are many challenging priorities: formation as a priority, foster shared mission with the lay people, accompany the young Cambodia Delegation etc. I feel that with the support of the confreres and with accompaniment of the Rector Major we can move along this Road.

20170128_THA1.jpg

20170128_THA2.jpg

20170128_THA3.jpg

20170128_THA4.jpg

20170128_THA5.jpg

20170128_THA6.jpg

20170128_THA7.jpg

20170128_THA8.jpg

20170128_THA9.jpg

20170128_THA10.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4272(I)_VDB 100 Celebrations are going on (1917-2017)

'Your first work by having in your first the love of the Lord' By Miriam A., VDB From 'Crescere' (VDB Formation magazine, 2016. issue 4) With the new year 2017 many initiative of the Volunteers of Don Bosco (VDB) - Salesian Family secular i...
    Date2017.01.30 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views929 file
    Read More
  2. 4271_Inauguration of the Pacific Delegation

L to R: Fr Mathew Vadakkevettuvazhiyil, Fr Greg Chambers (Provincial), Fr Petelo Vito Pau (Delegate), Fr Taisali Leuluai, Fr James Kyaw Hoe By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB Moamoa–Sinamoga, Samoa -- On Sunday 29 January 2017 the parish of Sinamoga...
    Date2017.01.29 CategoryPac. Reply1 Views928 file
    Read More
  3. 4270_Starting with a new group of Salesian Cooperators

The Aspirants to the Salesian Cooperators with Mons. David Tonks and Fr. Mathew New Delegation of the Pacific starting By Fr. Mathew Vadakkevettuvazhiyil, SDB Auckland, New Zealand -- On the 29th of January the Pacific Delegation (AUL) of F...
    Date2017.01.29 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views571 file
    Read More
  4. 4269_ "I came to get the Road Map"

An interview with THA new provincial: Starting with a deep sense of suppport and communion By Our Own Correspondent Generalate, 28 January 2017 -- Among the 13 newly appointed provincials during this winter plenary session of the general co...
    Date2017.01.28 CategoryTHA Reply0 Views1032 file
    Read More
  5. 4268(II)_ The blessing of the newly renovated Aberdeen Technical School

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Aberdeen, Hongkong, 24 January 2017 -- The blessing of the newly renovated Aberdeen Technical School (ATS) SDB Community Room and Senior Aspirants Dormitory was held on 24 January, the feast day of the patron of Sa...
    Date2017.01.27 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views913 file
    Read More
  6. 4268(I)_ EAO Don Bosco Relic Travels to Taiwan

By Fr. Lanfranco M. Fedrigotti, SDB Kowloon, Hong Kong, 17 January 2017 -- The casket with the precious Don Bosco Relic given by the Rector Major to CIN in the name of EAO Region was moved from its provisional site in Mary Help of Christian...
    Date2017.01.27 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views1225 file
    Read More
  7. 4267(II)_I'm not 'Half' but 'Double'

Salesio Gakuin students won the first prize for essay: Yokohama Japanese Language Award (Asahi Newspaper) By Fr. Daniel Torigoe, SDB Yokohama, Japan, 26 January 2017 -- Kei Garita, a first year student of Salesio Gakuin - Salesian High Scho...
    Date2017.01.27 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1271 file
    Read More
  8. 4267(I)_With Don Bosco and Missions for ever - Perpetual Profession in Manaus (Brazil)

After 4 years of missionary life in Brazil By Cl. Bartolomeo Nguyen Quang Lam Son, SDB Cl. John Baptist Nguyen Duc Tan, SDB Manau, Brazil, 27 January 2017 -- Two Vietnamese Missionaries prepare their perpetual profession in Brazil - Manau (...
    Date2017.01.27 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views802 file
    Read More
  9. 4266_Do you spread the Salesian Bulletin?

Salesian Bulletin in our hands for 140 years By GIA social communication team 25 January 2017 -- On the Feast of St. Francis de Sales, the Patron of Journalist was published the 18th number of the Japan Salesian Bulletin 'Don Bosco no Kaze'...
    Date2017.01.26 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views1327 file
    Read More
  10. 4265_Rector Major has appointed Fr Alfred Maravilla

By Our Own Correspondent RMG, 24 January 2017 -- After the appointment of the PGS Vice-province Superior Fr Peter Baquero as the Bishop of Kerema Diocese (AustraLasia 4259), the Rector Major with the consent of his council, has appointed on...
    Date2017.01.25 CategoryPGS Reply1 Views3874 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 536 Next
/ 536