SYNOD OF BISHOPS 2018: YOUTH - FAITH -VOCATION DISCERNMENT
Path of the Church - Path of the Congregation
2018 SYNOD: Talk of Fr. Fabio
2018 SYNOD: Lineamenta: 2018 Youth Synod Lineamenta ENG.docx
Pope Francis: Letter to the Young People:Francis-Youth Letter 2017.pdf
WORLD YOUTH DAY: WYD 2017-2019 ENG themes.docx
QUESTIONS (deadline October 2017)
1. In what manner does the Church listen to the lived situations of young people?
2. What are the main challenges and significant opportunities for young in your country today?
3. What kinds and places of group gatherings of youth, institutionalized or otherwise, have a major success within the Church, and why?
4. What kinds and places of group gatherings of youth, institutionalized or otherwise, have a major success outside the Church, and why?
5. What do young people really ask of the Church in your country / countries today?
6. What possibilities for participation exist in your country for the young to take part in the life of the ecclesial community?
7. How and in what manner is contact made with young people who do not frequent Church?
8. How are families and communities involved in the vocational discernment of young people?
9. How do schools and universities contribute to young people’s formation in vocational discernment?
10. In what manner are you taking into account the cultural changes resulting from the digital world?
11. How can World Youth Days or other national events become a part of ordinary pastoral practice?
12. In what manner is your planning experiences for the pastoral vocational program for young people?
13. How much time and in what manner do clergy, formators provide for personal spiritual guidance?
14. What initiatives and opportunities for formation are in place for those who provide pastoral vocational guidance?
15. What personal guidance is offered in seminaries (and Aspirantates)?
ASIA AND OCEANIA
a. Why and how do religious gatherings by those who are non-Catholic exercise an attraction on young people?
b. In what way can the values of a local culture be combined with Christian teaching, while also giving importance to popular piety?
c. How is the language used in a young people’s world incorporated in the pastoral care of young people, especially in the media, sports and music?