Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
World
2016.12.03 12:17

4220_Only one is the Master!

Views 574 Comment 0

20161203_WOR.jpg

First Formation chance for the Novice Directors after 23 years

By Fr. James K. Hoe, SDB

Generalate, Rome, 3 December 2016 -- Twenty three Novice directors of the English speaking provinces got a golden opportunity for their formation from November 19 to December 4, 2016. This course was organized by the Formation Sector after 23 years break (previous in 1993!). There were also 8 of the EAO Novice directors from AUL, FIS, GIA, ITM, ITM-Indonesia Delegation, KOR, MYM and VIE. Our EAO novice masters were born in Indonesia (1), Myanmar (2), Korea (1), Philippines (1), Timor Leste (2) and Vietnam (3) - two of them living out of the EAO Region (Mozambique and USA - California) Among the large number of resource person for this course was also Br. Raymond Callo, the EAO formation coordinator.

The most senior among the EAO Directors of Novices, Fr. James Kyaw Hoe (AUL - Fiji Islands, Suva) shares in the name of the whole group his experience:

"The moment I was met at the airport by Fr. Cleo (Formation sector) and came to the General House (Via della Pisana, 1111) where I met the confreres in residence and fellow directors of the novices, I felt I had finally come home… after a long time in the wilderness. The sessions began with Fr. Pascual Chavez on the first day, the Rector Major on day two followed by others – all presenting concentrated material that needs time to digest and absorb. The group sharing was enriching and affirming.

At the core of all the presentations was one message. Christ is the center of our life and the unique way Don Bosco configured Christ to and for the young and the poor is the prophetic calling and mission we have inherited as Salesians. This personalization of Christ as Don Bosco showed us has over the years become our own way of living and serving. This is the service of love that the directors of novices are entrusted to impart to the candidates in the year of novitiate that they too may be configured to Christ, the Good News of Joy!

These two weeks were like a second novitiate for me. It was a time of special grace that the directors of novices were so privileged to have to help them this important ministry for the Congregation. My sincere thanks to the Rector Major, to Fr Ivo Coelho, Fr Silvio Roggia, Brother Raymond Callo and Fr Cleo Murguia for putting together this formative seminary for the directors of novices.

During the 3 weeks absence the seven novitiates (49 novices) in the EAO region were run by the remaining formators or even with the presence of some provincials: FIS & GIA in Cebu - Lawaan, ITM - Fatumaca, KOR - Naeri, MYM - Anisakan, VIE - Ba Thon. Only Fr. Boonlert, the novice director of THA province (5 novices) participated in the same course for Italian speaking already last April.

20161203_WOR1.jpg

20161203_WOR2.jpg

20161203_WOR3.jpg

20161203_WOR4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4223(I)_"On the Road to Emmaus" - A Program for Young Immigrants

By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam -- On Sunday morning December 4th, 2016, more than 100 immigrant youths gathered at the Institute of Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Tam Ha - Thu Duc (Ho Chi Min City) to participate in t...
    Date2016.12.08 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views555 file
    Read More
  2. 4222_Step by step becoming the province for the poor youth!

Advent Recollection & Celebration of Provincial’s Feastday 2016 By Soc. Com. Team GIA Tokyo, Japan, 3 December 2016 -- More than 40 Salesian gathered in Tokyo – Chofu for the already traditional Advent recollection organized by the form...
    Date2016.12.07 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views588 file
    Read More
  3. 4221(II)_Do you know about Project Europe?

Salesians in Europe - looking forward By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB Generalate, Rome, 3 December 2016 -- Do you know about Project Europe (PE)? The deliberation of the GC26 in 2008 asked the Rector Major to relaunch the Salesian Charism in the...
    Date2016.12.05 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  4. 4221(I)_Provincial Community Day 2016

By Cl. April Jerome Quinto, SDB Mabalacat City, the Philippines, 30 November 2016 -- Salesians, Aspirants and Prenovices of the Philippines North Province came together to celebrate the Provincial Community Day in Don Bosco Academy, Mabalac...
    Date2016.12.05 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views667 file
    Read More
  5. 4220_Only one is the Master!

First Formation chance for the Novice Directors after 23 years By Fr. James K. Hoe, SDB Generalate, Rome, 3 December 2016 -- Twenty three Novice directors of the English speaking provinces got a golden opportunity for their formation from N...
    Date2016.12.03 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views574 file
    Read More
  6. 4219(II)_Carol Fest concludes Academic Year

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Gabutu, PNG, 1 December 2016 -- A lively and energetic Carol Fest was held to conclude the Academic year for the students of Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu on 1st December, 2016. Each class dressed in red, wh...
    Date2016.12.02 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views698 file
    Read More
  7. 4219(I)_Animation Visit of ASC World Councillor in Dalat

By Fr. Joseph Nguyen Chan Hung, SDB Photo by Mr. Peter Le Thanh Bao (Provincial Coordinator ASC-VIE) Dalat, Vietnam, 25 November 2016 -- After the succesfull three days formation for the Salesian Family delegates in K'Long Retreat Center (2...
    Date2016.12.02 CategoryVIE Reply1 Views1116 file
    Read More
  8. 4218_Social Media Awareness Seminar held

By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Port Moresby, PNG, 29 November 2016 -- Over 320 students of Jubilee Catholic Secondary School were delighted to be part of the inspirational and educational Social Media Awareness Seminar. The intense hour sessio...
    Date2016.12.01 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views5335 file
    Read More
  9. 4217(II)_Intercultural Novitiate in Cebu

The gift of diversity in communion - international novitiate in Cebu By Our Own Correspondent Talisay City, the Philippines, 29 November 2016 -- During these 3 weeks many of the Salesian Novices around the world are quite happy, due the abs...
    Date2016.11.29 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1810 file
    Read More
  10. 4217(I)_First Migrant Youth Festival: Serving the New Garellis Today

By Fr. Ding Cortez, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 26 November 2016 -- Salesians hold the first Migrant Youth Festival with the theme, "Serving the New Garellis Today" in Don Bosco Technical Institute, Makati. The day-long event began wi...
    Date2016.11.29 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views855 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 536 Next
/ 536