Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 634 Comment 0

20161127_KOR.jpg

The Promise of 8 new Salesian Cooperators

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB

Daejeon, Korea -- On November 27th, the first Sunday of Advent, like every year, is a very meaningful occasion for every Salesian Cooperators of Korea. All the 30 Centers of Salesian Cooperators in Korea gather in one place for the one night and two days retreat for preparing the coming of the Lord and to receive the new Salesian Cooperators through a new Promise.

This year too, 200 Salesian Cooperators gathered in Jeonglim-dong, Daejon, to have a retreat time on the theme of "Stay awake!" and to receive 8 new Cooperators who prepared for three years of well systematic formation.

In this retreat which was prepared and managed by the provincial council members with the help of Fr. John Jung and Sr. Agnes Yu, the delegators of SDB and FMA; Fr. Bonaventura Kim the director of Daerim-dong community gave a three-hour lecture on the title of ‘Be awake!'. He emphasized the attitude of the Cooperators who are going into the Advent season.

Throughout the two-days program, the Cooperators have enjoyed family spirit, specially in doing the tie up the silver foil to the tree of hope where they made a fund raising to donate to an FMA community which was dedicated for the migrante people.

In particular, there was a member who celebrated a silver jubilee of the promise, Pascal Park, to whom was given a Cooperator's badge, as a sign of the renewal of his promise. Mr. Pascal says, "We are delighted with the number of members which have increased significantly compared 25 years ago. In this moment I have to say that I am totally convinced on what late Fr. Jhon Trisoliny had said in my initial formation time, 'It is more important and urgent to establish an identity as a Salesian Cooperators.'"

“What I'm thinking a lot these days is that I should do the true prophet's life who make testimony and voice to the world to ask correcting the error even if it could be under the risk of our lives. The terrible things happening in our country now make me reflect a lot. Although we have very busy and difficult lives, as a member of the Salesian Family, we must not neglect the mission to help, guide and warn the people around the world on not losing their dignity.”, the word of Fr. Stefano Yang, the Provincial, in his homily on the Holy Mass for the Promise. The Provincial specially advised to pay attention to four points in Advent season. He analysed that drinking, voracity, rant, and violence make us distant from Christ's love and away from our neighbors, making us spiritually and personally isolated. Then he also emphasized that we should prepare to meet the Lord by treating these four things that are easy to find in our lives.

“Starting from some opportunities to help build the salesian house in various place, I have become a Cooperator with this Promise. I will do my best to make the whole world a home for saving the youth according to the spirit of Don Bosco, just as I have been devoting myself to build a strong and comfortable house.” The testimony speech of Peter Kim, one of eight newly promised, who is an architect and the head of a comprehensive architectural company, has been responsible for designing and supervising of many buildings of the Salesian house including the Salesian Youth Centre in which this retreat and promise event took place.

20161127_KOR1.jpg

20161127_KOR2.jpg

20161127_KOR3.jpg

20161127_KOR4.jpg

20161127_KOR5.jpg

20161127_KOR6.jpg

20161127_KOR7.jpg

20161127_KOR8.jpg

20161127_KOR9.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4217(I)_First Migrant Youth Festival: Serving the New Garellis Today

By Fr. Ding Cortez, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 26 November 2016 -- Salesians hold the first Migrant Youth Festival with the theme, "Serving the New Garellis Today" in Don Bosco Technical Institute, Makati. The day-long event began wi...
    Date2016.11.29 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views855 file
    Read More
  2. 4216_The great pleasure of the Korean Salesian Family

The Promise of 8 new Salesian Cooperators By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Daejeon, Korea -- On November 27th, the first Sunday of Advent, like every year, is a very meaningful occasion for every Salesian Cooperators of Korea. All the 30 Centers of...
    Date2016.11.28 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views634 file
    Read More
  3. 4215_We Believe in one Salesian Family!

Deeply transformed by a strong Salesian Family experience – Cebu 2016 By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 27 November 2016 -- The last of the three EAO Formation sessions for the Salesian Family delegates was concluded on the 1s...
    Date2016.11.28 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views683 file
    Read More
  4. 4214(II)_We are born as twins!

By Mr. Wichai Srisura, ASC World Councilor for the EAO region (1993-2001) Cebu, the Philippines, 27 November 2016 -- Mr. Wichai graduate Don Bosco Technical School in Bangkok (1972), since 1980 is an active member of the Don Bosco Past Pupi...
    Date2016.11.27 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views1213 file
    Read More
  5. 4214(I)_DBTI receives new status during 15th Graduation Rites

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 25 November 2016 -- A total of 250 students successfully graduated from their Bachelor and Diploma programs at Don Bosco Technological Institute, East Boroko on November 25, 2016. Witnessing the momen...
    Date2016.11.27 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views870 file
    Read More
  6. 4213_Salesian Family Delegates in Cebu celebrate Mamma Margaret

By Our Own Correspondent Cebu, the Philippines, 25 November 2016 -- The memorial day of Mamma Margaret was also the first day of the Cebu (Lawaan Don Bosco Retreat House) formation session for the Salesian Family Delegates from the 4 provin...
    Date2016.11.26 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views664 file
    Read More
  7. 4212_Striving for Excellence!

Graduation at Don Bosco Technical School, Gabutu, PNG By Fr. Ambrose Pereira, SDB Gabutu, PNG, 24 November 2016 -- DRESSED in the black gowns with empire blue silk stoles draped around their necks, the graduating students marched into the K...
    Date2016.11.25 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views932 file
    Read More
  8. 4211(III)_Salesian Family secretariat at the Feast of 117 Saint Vietnamese Martyrs

By Our Own Correspondent Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam, 23 November -- After 5 days long stay in the VIE (Vietnam-Mongolia) province the four members of the Secretariat for the Salesian Family headed by Fr. Eusebio celebrated their last supper o...
    Date2016.11.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views468 file
    Read More
  9. 4211(II)_Cooperators of God

By Interview with Mrs. Noemi Bertola, ASC World Coordinator, 2012-2018 K'Long, Vietnam, 23 November 2016 What changed in your life after becoming a Salesian Cooperator and making the Promise? There was no dramatic conversion in my life like...
    Date2016.11.23 CategoryWorld Reply1 Views1224 file
    Read More
  10. 4211(I)_Growing Together - Salesian Family

Second Formation session for the SF Delegates concluded By Fr. Bosco Zeya Aung, SDB K'Long, Vietnam, 23 November 2016 -- Among the 60 participants of the second EAO Salesian Family delegates formation in Vietnam very many first-learners, in...
    Date2016.11.23 CategoryVIE Reply0 Views636 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 533 Next
/ 533