PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
KOR
2016.10.24 21:51

4177(IV)_“Come, Help Us”

Views 666 Comment 0

20161023_KOR.jpg

The supporter group for the vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands

2016 Salesian Mission Day in Korea

By Fr. Ben Kim, SDB

Seoul, Korea, 23 October 2016 -- “I felt that I could do nothing there, but I have been changed through such an experience. I recognized that to be with them is primary and significant for a missionary.” It is said by Fr Lupicino Kim moving to Zimbabwe for his new appointment after three-year of missionary life in Zambia. A church located in 7th floor of the Provincial House was packed. People who attended the Salesian Mission Day event listened to stories of missionaries’ lives, and they shared with each other how to get involved in the mission of the Church, which is the proclamation of the good news of Christ.

Although it was humid and drizzling, Salesian family, more than 300 attendances including SDB, FMA, SCG, Salesian cooperators, youth groups and other religious and lay people from all around Korea gathered together in the Provincial House on the Mission Sunday of 23rd of October in 2016. The theme of the Mission Day event was “Come, Help Us!” which is about mission for Oceania. Celebrating the Mission Day with the same topic, all the Salesians around the world are reminded of the spirit of mission, and choose one mission place to help in which we express solidarity in spiritual and financial. The mission place in our solidarity this year is an oratory in Fiji in the Pacific.

Well prepared opening prayer with Don Bosco’s dream of Oceania began the event followed by various and meaningful sessions in program. The morning session was about a share of 4 participants’ experience. Fr Timothy Choi, the first participant, who is the provincial Missions Delegate, explained the theme of the Mission Day this year, Fr Lupicino Kim, the next, who is a missionary in Zimbabwe, shared his three-year African life as a missionary by some fascinating photos and stories, and Agnes Cho, a lay missionary, who is involved in SYM Korea, told her one-year missionary experience in Salesian school in Cambodia. Also, she was a member of Salesian volunteering youth group in Cambodia before. Following the three former sharers, John Kim, the last participant, who is the father of Fr Lupicino Kim shared his own experience as a father who has a missionary son in the third world. He told all attendants that as a parent, he has been always concerned and worried about his son Fr Lupicino, but in faith and prayers he has tried to overcome difficulties and rather to show him stronger before him. His share impressed and moved the hearts of all people there.

After lunch, attendants enjoyed the exhibition of photos and cultural crafts from mission places, located in the Hall on the 7th floor in the Provincial House, and watched a 20 mins-length video of the mission of Oceania from Rome. Then, all thought and shared together good ideas of mission with each other, and the final mass was celebrated by Fr Stefano Yang, the Provincial.

In his homily during the mass, the provincial said, “The Rector Major had a short visit to Korea yesterday. He repeatedly told me, ‘you do not need to worry about sending your confreres to other countries whether for the mission or for study, but take courage and send them out. Our congregation consists of 90 provinces. They are not separated from each other, but they are in one. Our Salesian mission of saving souls is the same in everywhere in the Salesian spirit.’ Remembering his words, I hope that many members of the Salesian family will challenge it. Mission is not an option, but our priority.”

Strongly encouraging missionary challenges, he particularly stressed that accepting and enduring difficulties in silence and striving to overcome them in which we rely on the mercy of God in our living places is practicing the missionary spirit in our daily lives. During the mass, there was a special event that a group of supporters for the vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands, in where Fr Steven Yoo Korean missionary is, was established.

Salesian Mission Day 2016 was an opportunity of prayer that Salesian family humbly asked God to bless his people, especially the missionaries who are taking their mission of proclaiming the good news for the young in the Spirit of Don Bosco, and a moment that everyone might decide to carry out the mission in ordinary life.

20161023_KOR1.jpg

20161023_KOR2.jpg

20161023_KOR3.jpg

20161023_KOR4.jpg

20161023_KOR5.jpg

20161023_KOR7.jpg

20161023_KOR8.jpg

20161023_KOR9.jpg

20161023_KOR61.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4178_Fr. Rector Major Makes History in Mongolia

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 25 October 2016 -- Don Bosco in his life time mentioned the name of Mongolia; probably he must have dreamt or intended to enter Mongolia. For past many weeks and months Delegate of Mon...
    Date2016.10.25 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views560 file
    Read More
  2. 4177(IV)_“Come, Help Us”

The supporter group for the vice-province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands 2016 Salesian Mission Day in Korea By Fr. Ben Kim, SDB Seoul, Korea, 23 October 2016 -- “I felt that I could do nothing there, but I have been changed through...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views666 file
    Read More
  3. 4177(III)_Medical Mission a Service to Humanity

By Bro. Manuel Entigro, SDB Manila, the Philippines, 23 October 2016 -- More than 500 patients were given free medical, medicines, pediatric, dental, reading glass, x-ray, pap smear, andelectrocardiogram by the Don Bosco TVET Center in coop...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views630 file
    Read More
  4. 4177(II)_St. JP2 Communication Conference

By Bro. Luke Maloloy, SDB Talisay City, the Philipines, 21 October 2016 -- The annual John Paul II Cebu Conference, now on its 8th year, had another successful gathering of religious and lay people from various places of Southern Philippine...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views839 file
    Read More
  5. 4177(I)_A Rosary Rally, Calling the Youth Live Chaste Lives

By Ms. Jireh Cielo P. Plata and Jeraldyn C. Tadea Manila, the Philipines, 21 October 2016 -- The Don Bosco TVET Center – Tondo culminated the October Rosary Month with a Rosary Prayer Rally and a public commitment of the senior trainees to ...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1077 file
    Read More
  6. 4176(II)_The Rector Major enters into the very heart of the Mongolian Culture

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 23 October 2016 -- Early in the morning Fr. Rector Major left Darkhan from Ulaanbaatar as he intended to spend his second day visit in Don Bosco Darkhan community. As he arrived at Dar...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryMong. Reply2 Views645 file
    Read More
  7. 4176(I)_Fr. Rector Major in the land of the Blue Sky

By Fr. Anthony Kishore Minj, SDB Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 22 October 2016 -- Rector Major Fr. Angel Fernandez, his pewrsonal secretary Fr. Lopez and Fr. Vaclav Clement were received at Chingiz Haan airport Ulaanbaatar at 5.30pm according to t...
    Date2016.10.24 CategoryMong. Reply0 Views523 file
    Read More
  8. 4175(III)_EAO – Missionary Appeal of the Rector Major 2016

By Fr. Vaclav Klement, SDB EAO, 23 October 2016 -- Dear Confreres, First of all heartfelt greetings from warm Mongolia. We are happy to celebrate the World Mission Sunday 2016 in this land of Genghis Khan together with the 10th Successor of...
    Date2016.10.23 CategoryEAO Reply0 Views927 file
    Read More
  9. 4175(II)_Caritas Sisters of Jesus - 17th General Chapter

By SGC - GC17 Social Communication Team Suwon, Korea, 23 October 2016 -- Thirty two Caritas Sisters of Jesus coming from Japan, Korea, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Philippines and Italy, represent some 1000 Sisters spread in 15 countries in four ...
    Date2016.10.23 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1130 file
    Read More
  10. 4175(I)_"We got license"

By Bro. Tony M. Caspellan, SDB Makati City, Philippines, 21 October 2016 -- "We got license" seemed to be in the smiling lips of Fr. Dave Buenaventura, SDB, Center Director of Don Bosco Pugad, Home for Street Children and Migrant Youth and ...
    Date2016.10.23 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views580 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 533 Next
/ 533