austraLasia

?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment

20161014_FIS.jpg

By Fr. Noble Lal, SDB

Lahore, Pakistan, 14 October 2016 -- Fr. Zago left the country of Pakistan for good. He has gone back to Italy, the country of his origin. At the age of 20 he left his beloved Italy in order to contribute to the mission of Don Bosco around the world. Fr. Peter Zago, has a long experience of mission and he has done a lot for the youth of different nationalities - India, Philippines and Papua New Guinea.

Fr. Peter arrived in Pakistan in 1998 to sow the seed of St. John Bosco spirituality. He introduced the spirit of St. John Bosco to Pakistani youth and in return Pakistani youth fell in love with this Salesian. They never met Don Bosco in a person but in the face of Fr. Zago they really thought: 'If Don Bosco were alive then he would be like Fr. Zago or perhaps Fr. Zago is like St. John Bosco'.

He did lot of work for Pakistani youth. He is a pioneer Salesian together with some other Salesians but unfortunately no one was able to survive for 18 years in Pakistan. Many Salesians came into Pakistan to join the mission of Don Bosco but they could not manage to stay longer due to variety of reasons. Fr. Zago together with Fr Hans Dopheide started the mission of Don Bosco in Lahore and in Quetta.

Fr. Hans (Australian) established the community in Lahore and Fr. Peter established Don Bosco community in Quetta . He worked for 14 years in Quetta and we have there a beautiful school, hostel for boys and girls, Afghan refugees schools and different other works. Today the Salesians in Quetta are enjoying the apostolate because Fr. Zago worked hard there. In 2013 Fr Peter was given obedience to move to Lahore. Here he stayed for 3 and half years but he was also working very hard without paying much attention to his age.

He received the charismatic spirit of Don Bosco to save the souls. It is true, that he set up many structures but at the same time he never forgot that he is in Pakistan to save the souls of Pakistani youth. For that purpose, he continued to sit for confessions, celebrate the Eucharist for the boys and girls, go out for excursions with the youth and working for vocations.

I met in him personally a father, friend and teacher. Fr. Zago loves to work for vocations without any distinctions whether girls or boys. They are all same for him. I am a living proof of his love for the vocations. I am a Salesian today because he supported me a lot throughout my journey.

For me he is great Salesian. I feel personally that Pakistan lost a great and giant Salesian. After 18 years with us, he has decided to leave Pakistan and settle in Italy. He wants to spend there rest of his life, considering his age (82 years) and his health situation. We consider him Don Bosco of Pakistan. The day he left all the eyes in Don Bosco Lahore were in tears.

His last words before leaving Don Bosco campus: "Ciao, Ciao - Don Bosco, see you in Heaven." I think we will miss him a lot and he will remain in our hearts till the end of our life. Pakistani youth will never forget him and Pakistani youth will always remember his sacrifices for the mission of Don Bosco.

Thank you Fr. Peter Zago,we love you and indeed

YOU ARE DON BOSCO OF PAKISTAN FOREVER.........

20161014_FIS1.jpg

20161014_FIS2.jpg

20161014_FIS3.jpg

20161014_FIS4.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • frbaclig 2016.10.15 23:19

A confrere and friend. A great Salesian. Yes, St. John Bosco in our midst. He always had a positive word for life, for people, for the young! Both the north and south provinces of the Philippines say: Thank you, Fr. Peter Zago.

• Vic 2016.10.18 12:05

I will always treasure those days with him cycling down south Cebu or tuning up his Atala racer bike in the Rector's Office of Don Bosco Technology Center, Cebu, Philippines. He is indeed Don Bosco in our midst.

1. 4165_Don Bosco of Pakistan, Fr. Zago left the Country for good

By Fr. Noble Lal, SDB Lahore, Pakistan, 14 October 2016 -- Fr. Zago left the country of Pakistan for good. He has gone back to Italy, the country of his origin. At the age of 20 he left his beloved Italy in order to contribute to the missio...
    Date2016.10.14 CategoryFIS Reply2 Views3379 file
    Read More
  2. 4164(IV)_Fr. Armand Robleza, SDB, Receives the 2016 CMMA Hall of Fame Award

By Fr. Durans Nolasco, SDB Pasay City, The Philippines, 12 October 2016 -- Fr. Armand Robleza, SDB received the Hall of Fame Award at the recently concluded 38th Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA) for winning the Best Children’s Short Story ...
    Date2016.10.13 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views1527 file
    Read More
  3. 4164(III)_Mother General preaching retreat to the provincial of Asia-Oceania

By FMA Thailand - Social Communication Team Sampran, Thailand, 12 October 2016 -- Superior General of the FMA Sisters, Mother Yvonne Reungoat arrived on October 11 to Bangkok, Thailand to guide the 18 provincials of Asia and Oceania (Interp...
    Date2016.10.13 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views775 file
    Read More
  4. 4164(II)_Sharing the Faith with the Young - Tokyo Style

By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 12 October 2016 -- The population of all Japan parishes entrusted to the Salesians is about 14.500 faithful. The most numerous parishes are in Tokyo-Yokohama area (Himonya, Shimougusa, Chofu,Mikawashim...
    Date2016.10.13 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views658 file
    Read More
  5. 4164(I)_Cluster Recollection 2016

By Fr. Fidel Orendain, SDB Talisay City, The Philippines, 10 October 2106 -- The Salesians from the Negros and Cebu islands of FIS province gathered for the first Cluster Recollection of the year at Don Bosco Retreat House, Lawaan, Talisay ...
    Date2016.10.13 CategoryFIS Reply0 Views615 file
    Read More
  6. 4163_Living Rosary of the Multi-Cultural Parish in Taiwan

By Fr. Matthew Tri, SDB Tainan City, Taiwan, 12 October 2016 -- To honour Our Lady Mary Help of Christians, our parish in Tainan has organised last Sunday (October 9) a living rosary and procession with four statues (Sacred Heart of Jesus, ...
    Date2016.10.12 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views2199 file
    Read More
  7. 4162(II)_First Vocation Camp organized by Macau Vocation Office

By Fr. Carlos Cheung, SDB Macau, 11 October 2016 -- The first Vocation Camp in Macau has been organized by the newly established Macau Vocation Office to promote Salesian consecrated vocation. The camp is the first of a series of ongoing pe...
    Date2016.10.11 CategoryCIN Reply0 Views707 file
    Read More
  8. 4162(I)_FMA Vietnam welcomes 14 new postulants

By Sr. Anh Thi, FMA Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam, 10 October 2016 -- On the feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary, 7th October, 2016, Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Vietnam welcomed 14 new postulants as the great gift from God through th...
    Date2016.10.11 CategoryFMA Reply0 Views1191 file
    Read More
  9. 4161_Closing of Japan extraordinary visitation 2016

Moving out of comfort zone towards the poor young people and Looking towards the Centenary of Salesian presence 2026 By Our Own Correspondent Tokyo, Japan, 10 October -- 2016 Japan provincial community day was chosen as the official conclus...
    Date2016.10.10 CategoryGIA Reply1 Views883 file
    Read More
  10. 4160_Provincial Community Day: Sharing Fraternal Affection

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Daejeon, Korea, 8 October 2016 -- 105 SDBs of KOR attended Provincial Community Day held at the Salesian Youth Center in Daejeon on October 7-8, 2016. The event commenced with a prayer prepared by the Jeongrim Commu...
    Date2016.10.09 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views930 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 533 Next
/ 533