?

Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1356 Comment 1

20160930_FIN.jpg

By Our Own Correspondent

Kuching, Malaysia, 30 September 2016 -- Fr. Andre Belo (35 years, originally from ITM Province, Timor Leste) is the first member assigned officially to the FIN – Malaysia mission for the disadvantaged youth in the Kuching Archdiocese. His previous experience of Bangladesh, his knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia – Malay, helped him to explore quite deeply the future mission field in August – September 2016:

“I was happy to meet in Kuching city and rural parishes many local diocesan priests and some religious and understand little by little the situation of the local Catholic community. Warm welcome by the bishops, priest, religious and local lay people is the most encouraging experience during past one month.

I was warmly welcomed by Fr. Felix, native diocesan priest and staying with him I understand how the Catholics in Sarawak are trying to encounter Muslim people not only at the level of socio-political relations, but also at the grass-root level, among the ordinary people. All priests, both religious and diocesan expressed their happiness with my visit here. In the morning also I met the archbishop John Ha in his office. He was really happy to see me and expressed his gratitude to come to make this first direct experience in the archdiocese. He is working on the necessary documents for our invitation.

In dialogue with some parish priests I realized the need for technical education of young Catholic from rural areas, especially welding and automotive skills would be most appreciated and needed. Also the knowledge of English would be very helpful in order to get the job quickly. It's not yet clear if is more realistic to start the Vocation Training Center in the city or in the rural area.

After two weeks of permanence in rural parishes I spent also two weeks in Kuching city, based in St. Joseph’s. Since the parish priest left to Rome pilgrimage, I had the chance to celebrate the Mass, visit the sick in hospitals or care houses as well to visit the migrants from Indonesia, mostly from Flores. My presence in their houses was helpful to know about their not-so-easy life, but they need to help their families financially, to raise their life standard of life. Listening to them, I realize they want to have a regular meeting, sharing, fellowship and Mass.

Observing also the commitment of Catholic lay people in the parish life, on some occasions I talked about Salesian Family especially the Salesian Cooperator vocation. And indeed some Catholics were quite interested to know more about this vocation.

Please, continue to pray for our Malaysia dream and the other members of our incoming community!”

20160930_FIN1.jpg

20160930_FIN2.jpg

Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )
  • P. Rolando 2016.10.10 13:16

Pastor, ketibaan anda di Kuching rahmat Tuhan yang besar!

P. Rol

1. 4150_Legacy of Mons Cimatti is alive in Chofu

Salesian Formation - Chofu style By Fr. Michael Lap, SDB Tokyo, Japan, 3 October 2016 -- In our Salesian Formation House in Chofu we live as happy family of 18 Salesians from Japan, Poland, Vietnam, Korea and India with two Novices and thre...
    Date2016.10.03 CategoryGIA Reply0 Views521 file
    Read More
  2. 4149(II)_Members of the 147th Salesian Missionary Expedition

Missionaries ad gentes, ad exteros, ad vitam FROM EAO and TO EAO By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB Generalate, Rome, 2 October 2016 -- On the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Patroness of all Missionaries and the Missions, we would like ...
    Date2016.10.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1378 file
    Read More
  3. 4149(I)_On-Going Course for Missionaries in Full Swing

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB UPS, Rome, 1 October 2016 -- On the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower, we would like to give you some updates on the 20th On-Going Formation Course for Missionaries in Rome: The Course fo...
    Date2016.10.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1285 file
    Read More
  4. 4148_Theological-Pastoral Symposium on Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Saint Teresa of Calcutta, the 20th Century Face of Mercy By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 29 September 2016 -- Saint Teresa of Calcutta was honored as the 20th Century Face of Mercy in a Theological-Pastoral Symposium...
    Date2016.10.01 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views741 file
    Read More
  5. 4147_Warm welcome and sharing – one month in Kuching

By Our Own Correspondent Kuching, Malaysia, 30 September 2016 -- Fr. Andre Belo (35 years, originally from ITM Province, Timor Leste) is the first member assigned officially to the FIN – Malaysia mission for the disadvantaged youth in the K...
    Date2016.09.30 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1356 file
    Read More
  6. 4146_A return to Don Bosco: Provincials meet in the Salesian Places

By Fr. Anthony Paul Bicomong, SDB Turin, Italy, 29 September 2016 -- Three years of service have passed for this group of Provincials: we find ourselves once again in the places dear to our hearts, the places where Don Bosco lived and moved...
    Date2016.09.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views738 file
    Read More
  7. 4145(II)_Catholic bishops dwell on social communication

Abp John Ribat learning about social media from a digital native By Bp. Donald Francis Lippert, O.F.M. Cap. Port Moresby, PNG, 28 September 2016 -- A good bishop needs to be a good communicator! They communicate on so many different levels ...
    Date2016.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views580 file
    Read More
  8. 4145(I)_Salesian Archbishop honoured as ‘Chief’ in PNG

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 25 September 2016 -- Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, SDB has been honored as ‘Chief’ by the government of Papua New Guinea on the occasion of the 41st Independence Anniversary of the country. The title ...
    Date2016.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply3 Views3219 file
    Read More
  9. 4144_Schools Pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy Places

By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB Turin, Italy, 26 September 2016 -- The biennial pilgrimage to the Salesian holy places of senior leaders in the Salesian schools in Australia is currently taking place. A group of 21 lay school leaders are undertak...
    Date2016.09.27 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views4181 file
    Read More
  10. 4143(III)_Nanum House's 30th Anniversary

A Joyful Feast and Moment of Challenge for a New Periphery By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, 25 September 2016 -- Nanum House's (Nanum which means sharing) 30th anniversary celebration was opened in a joyful atmosphere with 300 people ...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1148 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 533 Next
/ 533