Shortcut

PrevPrev Article

NextNext Article

Larger Font Smaller Font Up Down Go comment Print Attachment
Views 1148 Comment 0

20160926_KOR.jpg

A Joyful Feast and Moment of Challenge for a New Periphery

By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB

Seoul, Korea, 25 September 2016 -- Nanum House's (Nanum which means sharing) 30th anniversary celebration was opened in a joyful atmosphere with 300 people (Salesian Family members, benefactors, youngsters of Nanum houses, collaborators, and volunteers) in Shinwoldong Salesian Education Center in Seoul. The event of the day  comprised of a Holy Mass and  performance academia from the children of Nanum House and an abundant lunch. “It is a happy and joyful day that we have been able to share God’s love through the provision of  home and protection for the last 30 years.” Fr. Peter Kim, rector of Nanum House, said in his homily. As he mentioned, the 30 years history of Nanum House is a great witness of how the Mercy of God has cared us.

Nanum House was established in the 1980s when the nuclear family phenomenon were rapidly forming in dismantling the large family system and aimed to provide the children who are at risk with family nurturing environment. In January 1988, Salesians in Korea concerned that Nanum House system was a typical initiative with effective solution to help youth in needed due to broken families and designated a full time confrere to develop this new service. In the Nanum House, one or two adult leaders (salesian or lay collaborator) become the head of the household, and under them, 4-5 youngsters who have lost their families come together to create a new family. It was a very new type of youth care system in the society. 

“I’ve started to see my future image here. I found my dream of becoming a chef, and this place, the Nanum House, has nurtured me to achieve that dream. I am very sad that it is time to leave now. I thank everyone that has been part of my upbringing and I promise that I will be earnest, kind, and helpful to the children like me that need help.” As a young bird leaves its nest and flies in the sky with poor flapping wings, Park Jihoon’s words of thanks as he leave the Sinwoldong Nanum House gave a very deep touch to everyone at the 30th anniversary celebration. He lived six years in  Nanum House and graduated high school there and is now employed to the food service team of a large corporation. 

We have started this Nanum House 30 years ago as result of an accurate discernment on the  youth and family situation in that era and on what was the most effective solution for the children who are the most poor and in needed situations. In order to respond to these situations, Nanum House was built and developed in comprehensive caring for the lives of many children. “The 30 years of the Salesian Nanum House is not only a youth care facility but is a true oratory in which the preventive system of Don Bosco is alive. 30 years is a  good enough term for growing a generation and  creating the next generation. When we think of the meaning of Nanum House and its 30 years, the answer comes out by itself when you ask, ‘What is the real meaning of  experience and practice of Mercy of God that Pope Francesco always urged us?’ ” Fr. Marcello Baek, Vice Provincial of Korea in his speech, not only thanked and congratulated the 30 years of Nanum House but also showed the determination of the Korea Salesian is as it approaches the new periphery.

20160926_KOR1.jpg

20160926_KOR2.jpg

20160926_KOR3.jpg

20160926_KOR4.jpg

20160926_KOR5.jpg

20160926_KOR6.jpg
Attach

Drag and drop your files here, or Click attach files button.

Maximum File Size : 0MB (Allowed extentsions : *.*)

0 file(s) attached ( / )

1. 4149(II)_Members of the 147th Salesian Missionary Expedition

Missionaries ad gentes, ad exteros, ad vitam FROM EAO and TO EAO By Fr. Alfred Maravilla, SDB Generalate, Rome, 2 October 2016 -- On the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Patroness of all Missionaries and the Missions, we would like ...
    Date2016.10.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1379 file
    Read More
  2. 4149(I)_On-Going Course for Missionaries in Full Swing

By Bro. Jomar Castillo, SDB UPS, Rome, 1 October 2016 -- On the Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower, we would like to give you some updates on the 20th On-Going Formation Course for Missionaries in Rome: The Course fo...
    Date2016.10.02 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views1286 file
    Read More
  3. 4148_Theological-Pastoral Symposium on Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Saint Teresa of Calcutta, the 20th Century Face of Mercy By Cl. Jerome Quinto, SDB Makati City, the Philippines, 29 September 2016 -- Saint Teresa of Calcutta was honored as the 20th Century Face of Mercy in a Theological-Pastoral Symposium...
    Date2016.10.01 CategoryFIN Reply0 Views742 file
    Read More
  4. 4147_Warm welcome and sharing – one month in Kuching

By Our Own Correspondent Kuching, Malaysia, 30 September 2016 -- Fr. Andre Belo (35 years, originally from ITM Province, Timor Leste) is the first member assigned officially to the FIN – Malaysia mission for the disadvantaged youth in the K...
    Date2016.09.30 CategoryFIN Reply1 Views1359 file
    Read More
  5. 4146_A return to Don Bosco: Provincials meet in the Salesian Places

By Fr. Anthony Paul Bicomong, SDB Turin, Italy, 29 September 2016 -- Three years of service have passed for this group of Provincials: we find ourselves once again in the places dear to our hearts, the places where Don Bosco lived and moved...
    Date2016.09.29 CategoryWorld Reply0 Views740 file
    Read More
  6. 4145(II)_Catholic bishops dwell on social communication

Abp John Ribat learning about social media from a digital native By Bp. Donald Francis Lippert, O.F.M. Cap. Port Moresby, PNG, 28 September 2016 -- A good bishop needs to be a good communicator! They communicate on so many different levels ...
    Date2016.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views582 file
    Read More
  7. 4145(I)_Salesian Archbishop honoured as ‘Chief’ in PNG

By Ms. Arlene Abital Port Moresby, PNG, 25 September 2016 -- Archbishop Francesco Panfilo, SDB has been honored as ‘Chief’ by the government of Papua New Guinea on the occasion of the 41st Independence Anniversary of the country. The title ...
    Date2016.09.28 CategoryPGS Reply3 Views3238 file
    Read More
  8. 4144_Schools Pilgrimage to the Salesian Holy Places

By Fr. Bernie Graham, SDB Turin, Italy, 26 September 2016 -- The biennial pilgrimage to the Salesian holy places of senior leaders in the Salesian schools in Australia is currently taking place. A group of 21 lay school leaders are undertak...
    Date2016.09.27 CategoryAUL Reply0 Views4192 file
    Read More
  9. 4143(III)_Nanum House's 30th Anniversary

A Joyful Feast and Moment of Challenge for a New Periphery By Bro. Hilario Seo, SDB Seoul, Korea, 25 September 2016 -- Nanum House's (Nanum which means sharing) 30th anniversary celebration was opened in a joyful atmosphere with 300 people ...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryKOR Reply0 Views1148 file
    Read More
  10. 4143(II)_The Salesian Family celebrate togetherness

By Sr. Pamela Vecina, FMA Port Moresby,PNG, 25 September 2016 -- September 24-25 was the first Salesian Family Day of the new Salesian Province of Papua New Guinea and Solomon Islands. The members of the Salesian Cooperators from Kokopo and...
    Date2016.09.26 CategoryPGS Reply0 Views974 file
    Read More
List
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 536 Next
/ 536